Announcing: The Midwest Meet in Marceline (MMM)

Sorry about the delay on finishing my stuff. I had to buy a used car yesterday. Anyway, where was I? :scratchin

So we all went out to the house, the Son of Dreaming Tree, and the Barn. Then we ran back into town and ate lunch at the little cafe on the corner next to the Ripley Park where the train was. After placing my order I went outside and took some of the pictures I've posted of the little downtown area.

After lunch we scattered so I crossed over the tracks to check out the Walt Disney Elementary school named for Walt in Marceline. It was built in 1960 and replaced the elementary school that Walt had attended. He was thrilled that the town asked him if they could name the school after him. Being a summer Saturday, the building was closed up, but through the entrance windows you can still see some of the Disney art in the hallway.

Here's a link with a write-up about the school and more/better pictures. https://yesterland.com/wdschool.html

Last thing me, DW, and DD did was take a few more pictures of the museum/depot but from a different angle. We parked at the north end of the building and looked some more on the track side.

I'm glad I got to see Marceline. It demonstrates the strong connection between Walt's formative years (few though they were) and what he produced in his parks. Marceline is a little out-of-the-way but easy to get to and well worth the trouble if you're a fan of the Magic Kingdom and/or Walt himself. And we had a great time seeing Teamubr, tigger92662, and families again for the 2nd month in a row. Plus I got to meet Part-Time Paradise in person and I picked his brain on places out west to go visit.

I'd like to do the Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour if/when tours resume - I feel like I've been properly prepared for it now.

Bama Ed

PS - hey, Teamubr, we got a 2-game series with the Tribe and the Cards starting tonight from Cleveland .....

PS - hey, Teamubr, we got a 2-game series with the Tribe and the Cards starting tonight from Cleveland .....
Yes we do! It should be fun.

Another great write up. I got a little nervous seeing those pics of you standing between the rails. Those are some busy tracks.

j

Thank you to the whole crew for the postcard. It brightened my day.
I would have never gotten back to the campground, active railroad tracks and my love for trains and photography. Wish we could have made it.
I will focus on me getting better so we can once again travel.
Thank you all again for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers.

Sorry about the delay on finishing my stuff. I had to buy a used car yesterday. Anyway, where was I? :scratchin
Great write up all the way, Ed and to reiterate again again, great meeting folks in person. I knew this was a good group but you know, the "waffle guy" could be full of beans about all the racing stuff. Ready for the next trip we can all link up.

A few pictures to round out the trip.

Teamubr started a trend walking the Midget Autotopia path. I caught a shot of the group walking and reading.

Sunday night, I finally obliged the kids and started the fire to make s'mores pudgy pies

Messy, but tasty.

After the kids went to bed I sat outside for awhile to enjoy to quiet. I pulled my chair up to Teamubr's site where it was a bit cooler.

I enjoyed the campground. A good spot when visiting Marceline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter