ANNUAL PASSES ARE BACK!!!

Just want to add that the process for renewals changed last summer. You had to start with DVC so they verified you were still eligible for the Sorcerer Pass…they then connected you with certain CMs in ticketing.

I only mention in case one does call ticketing before MS opens at 9 am only to find out for upgrades, you have to talk to them first.

But hopefully things will all work online.
Ugh! That's what I'm worried about. I wasn't that confident in the information I got from the DVC CM. I also called the Disney ticketing number and they said to call them at 7 am. Hoping the information I received was correct, but we all know how that goes!

Another option would be to make a fake profile on your MDE to hold your extra tickets and transfer them to the "real you" when you're ready to use them. Assuming this is all still an option. Things change so fast around here. lol
Exactly what disney did for us (complimentary one day PH issued to my party due to being stuck on people mover for over an hour in a thunderstorm).

If not, the system pulled the tix first instead of using our then-current APs.

other option was to check with GS on last day when still in the parks to make sure the tix was still intact/unused.

it was easy to re-assign the complimentary tix to person we wanted In our F&F group.

I may have missed it since I skimmed REALLY quickly through the thread. On the AP page, I saw this quote:

Make and hold up to 5 theme park reservations at a time on a rolling basis

Y'all let me know if I'm interpreting the above correctly: IF I decide to get a pass on the 13th, does that mean that I can do a reservation for, say, 4 days in May (1, 2, 3, 4) and then go ahead and do a park reservation for my second trip next February on February 1st, then pick up the other days in February as I tick off my May visit days?

I may have missed it since I skimmed REALLY quickly through the thread. On the AP page, I saw this quote:

Y'all let me know if I'm interpreting the above correctly: IF I decide to get a pass on the 13th, does that mean that I can do a reservation for, say, 4 days in May (1, 2, 3, 4) and then go ahead and do a park reservation for my second trip next February on February 1st, then pick up the other days in February as I tick off my May visit days?

Those are outside of any days in which you are staying onsite. So, if you have. DVC reservations you can hold all of those days at once.

Like Sandi was saying you can book reservations for as many days you have a resort stay and IN ADDITION to that, you can have 5 more park reservations booked without a resort stay.

Do you know what screen on the DVC website will have AP sales? Or will it be in MDE? Thanks! Just want to be ready on where to go.

Spoke to member services today. Member services is saying 6AM EST on the 13th for WDW.
I don’t buy that. When have things ever been at 6? Wasn’t fast pass even 7 am the earliest? And then someone else mentioned 7 am. Disneyland is 9 am pacific so we don’t really know anything but it’s deff tomorrow. Lol

Last edited:
I would imagine the ticket start time is a DISNEY/drc decision, NOT a DVC choice.
That is why Dvc really does not know or have any power .
Midnight, 6:00am, 7:00am.

Online ticketing opens at 6:00am, phones open at DRC at 7:00am.

6am is when dining reservations open so that would make sense in that regard (fyi most of the time those reservations open @5:45am)

I'll be home tomorrow so I'll prob log in @6, but I don't think there's any urgency. I bet those who wait until Friday will have a much more pleasant experience lol.

I'll be home tomorrow so I'll prob log in @6, but I don't think there's any urgency. I bet those who wait until Friday will have a much more pleasant experience lol.

I think you are right, I was poking around the Disneyland forum since the Key passes went on sale this week and there were reports of the usual challenges with queues, refreshes, having to log in multiple times, errors when trying to purchase etc. Hopefully things will go smoothly but as with all things Disney it's best to have your patient pants on lol.

As much as I want to upgrade our Pixie passes, I can't justify doing it with the money we have in the multiple weekend tickets we have already purchased. From what I have gathered, we won't be able to apply multiple ticket purchases to an upgrade online and will have to call or go to GS to see what our options are. I am still trying to decide if we just wait until our renewal and hopefully we can still upgrade then or to try to wait on the phone or maybe even hit the Disney Springs GS this weekend to see what the options are for us.

You can renew as early as April 18th..which is 60 days before your pass expires…so you should be able to do that on April 20th.
In the past although we renewed our seasonal resident PD APs by phone, we had to show documentation in order to activate them. I don’t doubt that you can renew your passes, but I suspect you would be required to upgrade to a pass for which you are eligible. So unless you still have documentation from Florida which would reflect a date within 60 days of activation you would need to get the DVC Sorcerer’s Pass imho.

Does anyone know with the new annual passes (for out of state guests) how long one can hold onto the voucher before activating it? I'd like to buy these but may have an issue with visiting WDW within the next several months?
My understanding is that you have 1 year to activate an AP.

Unpopular opinion. I know that this could more be of an impact to Florida residents, but the limit of 5 park reservations may not matter to the DVC sorcerer pass or the incredipass if you only stay on property. If you can have park passes for each resort stay and you only stay onsite with DVC then I don't think the park passes matter. I understand that if you are local and may not need the resort say, I feel the number of passes to be very limiting to individuals.
Maybe this is how they improve their numbers staying onsite with the advantage to get more park reservations.

FL
Unpopular opinion. I know that this could more be of an impact to Florida residents, but the limit of 5 park reservations may not matter to the DVC sorcerer pass or the incredipass if you only stay on property. If you can have park passes for each resort stay and you only stay onsite with DVC then I don't think the park passes matter. I understand that if you are local and may not need the resort say, I feel the number of passes to be very limiting to individuals.
Maybe this is how they improve their numbers staying onsite with the advantage to get more park reservations.
FL resident here. Absolutely this is what they are doing. I have the PD AP which is limited to 3 reservations. If I want to go for a M-F of eligibility I will need to gamble on whether I can get a reservation on a rolling basis as I still live far away enough that I need to stay. I’ll probably not switch to Disney property, however, but I will go for a day or two less.

I have the same situation, FL res and Pixie Pass, wanting to upgrade to Sorcerer. We have 3 day tickets for May and a 1 day ticket for July that I would want to apply. I sent an email asking if this could be done and if so, can it be done online or does it need to be via phone or in person.

I am guessing there are a few people in this same situation so hopefully I can get an answer before the 13th. I will post with any info I receive.
Good point. I thought today was the day :fish: I am a fish out of water with this stuff. Btw, never got the email that brought us to this topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter