Annual Passes

lmmollohan

Earning My Ears
I have read a lot on here about the fact that after 7 days the Annual Passes start to make more sense than the Ultimate Passes but I am not sure why. Price wise they do not even come close until day 12 of the Ultimate Passes, assuming you are buying the Premium Annual Passes which you have to for the water parks to be included. So why does everyone think AP are the way to go?? What am I missing?

Thanks for any input on this one!

Lisa

I don't have a premium annual pass so I can't say on that end. As far as I have heard you have to go to the water parks 4 times to make those worth it so personally I would just get water park passes seperately IF we decided to go to a water park. And the passes would be discounted with having an annual pass anyway.
The annual pass is more than admission too. A regular pass is paid for by the 8th day on admission alone. Plus it offers hotel discounts, restaurant discounts, and merchandise discounts. Not to mention being able to go back within a year and not needing admission. For our family it is the way to go.
We also have the Disney Club card which the fee we had to pay for it was more than covered by the money we saved when we got our annual passes so the rest it saves us is all extra. And it saves us on hotels, restaurants, and merchandise when the annual pass doesn't.
So for our family these are our best money saving items.

Originally posted by sshd
I don't have a premium annual pass so I can't say on that end. As far as I have heard you have to go to the water parks 4 times to make those worth it so personally I would just get water park passes seperately IF we decided to go to a water park. And the passes would be discounted with having an annual pass anyway.

There are no discounted water park tickets for SP/AP holders, at least not to my knowledge. Occasionally they have deals, like the recent Water park seasonal pass add-on, which was good for like a month of water parks for the price of one day.

Most people are comparing to a "regular" AP not the Premium AP. They don't do Water Parks or PI at all or only once so consider unlimited access to these (which an UMP gives) unneeded. The PAP break even point (not considering resort, food, golf, etc discounts) is about at 12 days. The regular AP break even point (considering major parks only) is at about 8 days.

Don't forget free parking , for those of us who like to drive!

Also, we didn't buy PAP's only AP, because a AAA discount on waters park tickets, PI,and DQ are about $23.00 ea. And if we had done all 3 it would have been less than the extra cost of a PAP as opposed to a AP.

Thanks for all the response. I am starting to see why an AP might make sense but for us I still think that a Park Hopper will be the way to go. If I thought for one second that we would be back within the year I would do it but it just is not going to happen.:(

Thanks for the help!

Lisa

If this is a first trip or 21st, you maybe aplan' yo're next trip befor'n you leave O-town.

In any case if you do not use up your hopper pass, you can upgrade to an ap or pap with the unused portion of the hopper.

:o ;) :smooth: :) :D :p :p :bounce: :p :p :jester: :cool:

I noticed that someone said they saved money on their annual passes with a DC dicsount. I didn't know there was a DC discount on annual passes. How much was the discount? it may be worth it for me to join DC through my employer since DH and I are planning on buying APs in August.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter