Another 3 weeks at Bonnet Creek-Live TR

Day 6 - Blizzard Beach
Did something today that we have never done before,moot to a waterpark for when it opened. We usually go late afternoon and stay till close but the way the weather has been we thought we better go when it's sunny. Got a nice sun bed, not that I got to sit on it and then off to the slides. We did everything except the two big ones. Used single rider a few times for the cable car and got straight on, queue for main line was massive. I think my favourite slide in any park is the family ride, it's a lot of fun. There were a lot of people here but not as many as usual, maybe people didn't want to use their tickets as thunderstorms were forecast early again. We have annual passes so ok. We bought on this trip as we plan to come back in July next year as son will break up from school early.
So left at 12. We prefer lots of short days at the Waterparks rather than spending a whole day. I think if there were more of us then we would stay longer.
Decided to have lunch at Toojays. Think I have sung it's praises already. David (husband) had the biggest burger I have seen and said the best he had ever had in Orlando. Our son had his usual, the beef brisket sandwich which looked really good and I had the chicken noodle soup ( it's fantastic) and another favourite, the shrimp salad.
Then we headed to DTD to see a movie at 4.30pm. Planned this as we thought it would rain. We saw Pixels which was good. Funny in first half then lost its way a bit.. To our surprise no rain when we came out so headed back to WBC. None of us could be bothered to go out again so we built Lego, went swimming and had hotdogs and cheesecake.
Another great day.

Day 7 - Legoland
Got a good deal on Legoland tickets and we had a great day there last year so decided to go again. Took me exactly 50 minutes to drive from WBC, but I am a slow driver so much quicker for other people. Park was busier than last year when it was practically empty. We just took it easiy going on every ride. No scary ones here, just a pleasant way to spend a day. We all love Lego. No queues for anything like last year. I think the best ride is Chima. You literally get soaked and you can fire water at people who are on the ride and visa versa.. It's hysterical watching people. Even funnier when you get the odd person who complains about getting shot out despite standing in the splash zone.. One lady really told us off, I apologised but found it hard to keep a straight face, I mean seriously why would you go anywhere near this ride if you didn't want to get wet. I think we stayed here for over an hours, mainly as we were totally soaked so couldn't get any wetter. That ride was worth the admission price alone.
We had lunch at the fried chicken place which was good. $10 for a three piece meal although husband and I shared, more than enough for me.
It was so hot there, no sign of rain, I was actually hoping it would rain to cool things down.
We only stayed till about 3.30 and got home in about 40 minutes. Looked like there had been a storm but we managed to miss it. Straight other pool to cool down, that felt good after a long hot day.
We then did the 6pm quiz, way ahead it first round but beaten by one point, so no 5 drinks vouchers for us!
We went for dinner at Carrabbas near the premium outlets. They do a deal on a Monday called Amour Monday's. Set meal either €12.99, $15.99 or $18.99. You get a starter, a salad or soup, lovely bread with different oils and herbs and then a main course. I had tomato and mozzarella while the boys had calamari. For main we chose the most expensive and had the sirloin steak. The waiter told us later they had run out of the 9oz so was it ok for us to have 6oz and he would reduce the price, we said of course and when steak arrived it was delicious. I wouldn't have even realised we were getting less than we were meant to. Henry had lasagne which was the cheapest but was excellent. The sales were really good too and the chicken soup even nicer than Toojays. Probably the nicest meal we have had since we have been here. Total bill was $55 including drinks. Definitely recommend.
Then we went to Premium outlets. Never been at night and so much better than the day. I don't really like going shopping while I am here, always think there is something better to do but at night I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Stayed till after 10 and bought quite a lot of stuff, converse, penguin top, all for Henry. I got a Kipling bag and David didn't get anything but we always drop him off while we go aquatica one day as he could easily spend four hours there.
So finally up to date with trip report. Will try to upload some photos in the next few days. Just haven't had time.

We usually do steak and shake on 535 near crossroads. it's busy but service has always been ok.
That's the one we went to. Staff were just saying things like "I shouldn't even be working tonight" or "I wish I hadn't come in today" Only the lady who served us and the guy cooking the burgers really wanted to be there.
Wish we had time to use the pools here, already halfway thru our stay and not and time to even walk around the lake.

We tried Carrabbas for the first time a few weeks ago (is that all it is???), we really enjoyed it, but over faced ourselves by having as appetiser first.

Your report is great

Day 8 - Aquatica
Can't believe we have been here a week. Can't make my mind up if it's gone fast or not. Thankfully still two weeks left. Today we promised ourselves a lay in but I was wide awake at 8! Nice walk around the resort and swam a bit. Around 11 we we went to Aquatica. We had stopped at Discovery Cove first to buy our 14 day parking pass. It cost $31 and good for parking
at AQ and SW. So Aslong as you As you visit more than twice you have saved money. We also had our photos taken for our passes and could use those tickets at AQ and SW.
Aquatica was really busy but we knew that. Got a bed easily though in the shade and went in the not so lazy river as we like to call it for ages. Then a few slides but massive queues so will save for another day. It was pretty hot. We forgot to take anything to change into so couldn't go to a restaurant but Henry really wanted subway ( all the lovely places to eat!!) went to the one next to Publix, big queue but the lady making the subs was without doubt the most efficient worker I have ever seen. She was amazing and had about 6 orders on the go at once. She was a pleasure to watch. First time I ever left a tip in a sandwich shop! Anyway Henry thought it was good but David and I decided to get a sub next door in Publix and take it home. Their subs and wraps are excellent.
Just relaxed back at WBC. Weather was great for sitting by the pool. We were still full up at 6 and we promised ourselves we wouldn't go out to a restaurant for the sake of it like we have on so many holidays before. So we just went to the quiz and came last! Then drove to the Poly to have a look round. I hadn't told the boys that they sold Dole Whips there so they were very happy when they saw them and we had one each. Dole Whips for dinner, not bad. Looked at the new rooms out in the lake, can't imagine how much they will cost, more than a 2 bed at WBC, that's for sure.
Then there was some pretty impressive lightening going on so we decided to walk back to the car but pleased to report no rain.
So an early night as up at 6 for Universal check in at PBH in the morning. We spent less than $40 today, I think that's a record for us. Mind you we spent about $400 yesterday.

Loving your report. Thanks for taking the time to share. We fly out on Sunday and hoping we have less of a wait in Immigration!!! Have added Carrabbas to our list of possible eateries! Never tried it on past visits but sounds great!

Day 9 - Universal Part 1
We had booked one night at PBH to take advantage of the early entry and express. We have previously stayed at the other hotels so thought we would try something different. We didn't check out of WBC and David would be going back to spend the night there. We left WBC at 6.30 and took 30 minutes to drive to PBH. No one else at checkin so all very quick. Left our luggage there for later. Took a stroll over to the boat and got to city walk by 7.30. Unfortunately unlike last year only one park opening early, IOA, so went there and it was already open at 7.45 so went straight to HP and Henry and I walked straight on single rider, no one in front of us. As you can't see each other whilst on the ride then absolutely no point in queuing unless you haven't seen all the stuff going on in the line before. Still a great ride, got off and straight back on single rider and still no one there. Twice is my limit and I was already feeling a little queezy. Henry then went off to Duelling Dragons for two rides whilst we went on the little roller coaster. It's so good that we can let him go off on his own once in a while whilst we go on something else. I use to be so terrified of losing him that I would walk go all the way to the front of the line with him then opt out. It's also nice to be able to sit down and relax while he rides extra rides.
We then had frozen butter beer and made our way round then rest of the park via Jurassic Park. My favourite ride in IOA is Popeye and as usual we were totally drenched.. It's just so funny watching everyone get soaked when they don't realise they will get so wet. Some people get quite upset which is even funnier.. One guy was laughing so much at his wife it made her crazy and made us laugh even more.
We dried off while Henry road Dr Doom and Hulk and then a bit of a disaster. I am so paranoid about none of us getting burnt that I am always getting the sun cream out, well I managed to get some in my eye.. Wasn't to worried at first but when I was on Spider-Man I literally couldn't see and my was stinging so much. I rinsed it out and though it was ok but it just got worse at which point David marched me to first aid. They were great and took me straight into a room and used three lots of eye wash. The first aid guy was making me laugh so much, completely took my mind of how much my eye was stinging. He said it would feel worse before it got better and he was right but least I could see again.
We had lunch at Mythos for first time and were really impressed. Great lunch for $45 which isn't much more than a counter service meal and it was lovely and cool in there too.
We then got the train to US and rode a few rides but wanted to save them for the next day so went back to PBH for a swim and to check into the room. Room was huge, only a garden view but lovely.
We went in the Villa pool which was very impressive but then we had to get out because of lightening in the area. So drove David back to WBC and came back again. Henry and I had dinner at the Beach pool which was pretty good but way too much food, we should have shared.
We were pretty tired so just watched a movie and asleep by 10.30pm ready for an early start.

Not going to be able to follow along after tomorrow. I will have to catch up when I get home.
This is our last night at WBC, tomorrow night we are staying at Port Canaveral ready for our 7 nt Disney cruise on Saturday.
Never managed to look around the resort or use the pools, no idea where our time goes.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Not going to be able to follow along after tomorrow. I will have to catch up when I get home.
This is our last night at WBC, tomorrow night we are staying at Port Canaveral ready for our 7 nt Disney cruise on Saturday.
Never managed to look around the resort or use the pools, no idea where our time goes.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Have a great cruise. Given up trying to get the boys on a Disney cruise. Husband doesn't like open sea. Did finally get on a cruise with my mum this year on the Queen Mary 2. Loved it so I know I would love a Caribbean Disney Cruise. One day maybe.
Can't believe we still have 12 nights. This feels like longest holiday ever. I thinks it's because it's less manic than usual without the Disney parks. More time to relax. Still have lots to do.

Loving your report. Thanks for taking the time to share. We fly out on Sunday and hoping we have less of a wait in Immigration!!! Have added Carrabbas to our list of possible eateries! Never tried it on past visits but sounds great!
I think it was just bad timing as 4 planes at once. Hope you have a great trip.

We stayed 1 night at RPR and loved the FP benefit. Unfortunately it rained that much the day we checked in that we never got to the pool which was a shame.

Which hotel do you prefer now that you have tried them all?

This year WBC cost us £1950 for 21 nights in a two bedroom. We priced up SSR and it was £8100 ( not including tickets but including free dining) obviously would have to pay extra for tickets. So we would have to spend £6150 on food at Disney to break even. Guess what I am saying is that we can eat at as many Disney restaurant as as we like and still be a lot better off at WBC. Its good actually as we get the best of both worlds as we can go to our favourite offsite and on site. We stayed three times at SSR and did love the free dining but that's when it was a lot cheaper. In fact it was a great deal back then. However, if it ca,e down to it I would stay at WBC every time. Just love it here. Not for everyone but definitely for us.

was that for a like for like in a 2bed at ssr?? we are also a family of 5 and just couldnt seem to get the numbers to work out by staying offiste

was that for a like for like in a 2bed at ssr?? we are also a family of 5 and just couldnt seem to get the numbers to work out by staying offiste
Yes a two bed at SSR. We couldn't go back to a one bed now after all the space at WBC. obviously a lot cheaper to stay onsite if staying in a studio but even a one bed was over £4500. No contest for us.

We stayed 1 night at RPR and loved the FP benefit. Unfortunately it rained that much the day we checked in that we never got to the pool which was a shame.

Which hotel do you prefer now that you have tried them all?
No doubt that PBH is the nicest hotel and the rooms are huge and it's a lovely setting. However if only staying one night like us then I'm not sure it's worth the extra to stay here compared to RPR. We loved that hotel also. If I was staying a week then definitely PBH.

Yes a two bed at SSR. We couldn't go back to a one bed now after all the space at WBC. obviously a lot cheaper to stay onsite if staying in a studio but even a one bed was over £4500. No contest for us.

ah see we just go for a standard room yes its a squeeze but under £1000 for all 5 of us in carribean beach with free dining comes out better than offsite , food costs esp when factior in fuel and parking too

we havent made any plans yet for our 2016 trip so we may consider staying here during that trip as we are not planning on doing any disney anyway , how far away is it to universal in the car ?? are there any places near by that are walkable to go eat in the evening

Day 10 - Universal Part 2
Great sleep, bed was one of the best I have ever slept in. Room was totally silent too.
We were a little disappointed that only IOA was having early entry on our second morning also so we decided to skip it as we had already done that the previous day. We planned on US this morning so had a quick breakfast at Starbucks and made our way to the boat for 8.20. Not sure if my imagination but there seem to be far more boats coming and going at PBH than the other two hotels. Never waited more than a couple of minutes. So whilst we were on the boat we were told US had just opened. Not too big a queue to get in but no idea how many people ahead of us. Went straight on Minions. Already a huge queue in normal line but no one in Express. Love this ride. Then on to Rip Ride where Henry rode single rider four times in a row while I just sat in the shade. I don't know how he does it. Then a couple of times in the mummy, no queues at all. Made our way round to HP but already decided we wouldn't bother riding as already did it a few times. The wait at 10.15 was 30 minutes, not bad. Henry had frozen butter beer then on the MIB. We love this ride and for first time ever I got over 300,000 but my joy was short lived when Henry got 471,000!!! David met us in the cheesecake restaurant at 11.15 and then we basically went on all the rides again, big queues but no wait with express. Henry managed 525,000 on MIB so was really happy, mind you we did go on it 8 times so I guess he knows what to do now. Exhausted by 4 so boat back to hotel to pick up the car then went for an early dinner at Longhornes which was excellent as usual. When we came out the sky was looking pretty scary and we just managed to get to WBC before a huge thunderstorm which was a shame because after a long day I would have loved a swim. Not all was lost because Goodfellas was on TV,one of my favourite films. So a quiet night. Henry did some revision, his GCSE's are next year but I think he is finally realising the importance of good grades. His school got record results for them yesterday so I think that gave him some incentive. Let's hope it lasts.

ah see we just go for a standard room yes its a squeeze but under £1000 for all 5 of us in carribean beach with free dining comes out better than offsite , food costs esp when factior in fuel and parking too

we havent made any plans yet for our 2016 trip so we may consider staying here during that trip as we are not planning on doing any disney anyway , how far away is it to universal in the car ?? are there any places near by that are walkable to go eat in the evening
It took us 25 minutes to drive to Universal in the morning but zero traffic. No restaurants in walking distance except ones on site. Of course DTD is walking distance but not sure there are pavements all the way there now with the construction.. Never see anyone walking but if we were back home I have no problem walking that far to a restaurant. 5 minute drive to boardwalk also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter