Another 3 weeks at Bonnet Creek-Live TR

Great updates. Hope we make it to mythos this time.

Bex7583 a studio at cabana bay may suit if you are spending some time at universal and all citywalk restaurants easily accessible.

We really want to do mythos next year!
I'm really torn on where to stay for our first 4/5 nights, boys loved the look of Hard Rock however they wasn't keen on the pool area, they found it dirty with beer bottles all over the place!
We did Rpr last yr and enjoyed it. Loved the pool area but found the hotel a little bland for our liking, the games by the pool where great fun however. And I'm sure we would be happy to stay again.
Cabbana bay looks so much fun! If only you could add the express pass on! I'd be happy paying the rpr price for the hotel.

Day 11 -Typhoon Lagoon and Cheesecake Factory

Was really hoping to have a long lay in this morning after two busy days but wide awake at 7. So went for my usual early morning swim. I love the pools here. Temperature is perfect. Last time we stayed at SSR the pools were so warm you could never cool down when it was hot. Also, all the pools are an easy walk from any of the buildings. All situated around a lake. It's a nice walk and I try and do it every day. I have a fit bit and competing with lots of friends although have to say pretty easy to be in the lead whilst on this holiday.
So we then dropped David off at Premium a Outlets so he could shop in peace! Henry and I went to Typhoon Lagoon which was packed. Infact I don't think I have been to such a busy waterpark before. Maybe because of the afternoon lightening recently no one taking any chances in going late. Henry loves the waves so that was no problem. We actually got on Crush n gusher within 10 minutes so that was ok but didn't bother with other slides, just a few times round the lazy river. Then time to pick up David and we drive to Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch. Seated within 10 minutes. We had three small plates for starter and there was nothing small about them. I had the bang bang chicken and shrimp which is the same thing I always have. Delicious. Just one piece of salted caramel cheesecake between us. Bill was $80 which was pretty good. Shame it's so far away.
Quick look at the shops then drove back to WBC just in time for 6pm quiz. Came second, lost by one point! I am really glad they have started having lots of quizzes, nice way to relax and always get chatting to people when they hear our accent. It was so humid during quiz so soon as it was over we were about to get in the pool when the lightening started and pool closed. So we had a long walk round the resort, didn't really rain. Thankfully pools opened again and it was great to go round the lazy river for a while and in the jacuzzi. I think there are about 10 of them here.
So another lovely day. Planning on Seaworld in the morning. This year has been so relaxed compared to other years. Literally deciding on the day of the night before what to do. Usually have a plan that we stick to but this year only a couple of things we had to go on certain days like Universal and DC.

Yes, really sounds like a relaxing holidy. I think when we didn't do Disney in 2013 it was less hectic, but this year was busy!

We had to wait over 1 hour on our last visit to the Cheesecake factory, but everybody voted to wait as they enjoy it so much.

We normally split between a hotel and then offsite. Do you get much noise in the WBC condos from neighbours?

Yes, really sounds like a relaxing holidy. I think when we didn't do Disney in 2013 it was less hectic, but this year was busy!

We had to wait over 1 hour on our last visit to the Cheesecake factory, but everybody voted to wait as they enjoy it so much.

We normally split between a hotel and then offsite. Do you get much noise in the WBC condos from neighbours?
Can honestly say that in the 11 nights we have been here we haven't heard a peep from any if our neighbours and we have people above, below and on both sides. Very peaceful. No noise from other people's tv's either.

Day 12 -Seaworld, Aquatica and Fun Spot
Up early today, didn't have time for my swim as going to Seaworld. Got there just after opening. Henry loves Manta but unfortunately it wasn't open when we got there so we went on the water ride which we all love. We always do the rides first and then the shows. It's a nice park and if not worried about the rides the. No need to get there early which is good. When we got of Atlantis there was an announcement to say Manta was open so Henry went there and we arranged to meet him back at Kraken. That's the good thing about him being 15 now that we can let him go off on his own for a while. We went back on Atlantis but after the ride we got stuck on there for about 15 minutes. Actually ok as they gave us two free fast passes which Henry was very happy with. David and I went on the Penguins which I like but David not impressed with, first time he had been on it. Then met up with Henry and went to the new sea lion show which was fun, especially the bit before the show actually started.
We have been to Seaworld many times and seen all the shows but love the shamu show, Henry asked if he could use the fast passes instead and meet afterwards. So we arranged to meet in 90 minutes, that's the longest we have let him go off on his own, we gave him $20 and off he went. We wandered round the park, saw the Sharks and a few other things.. Got to shamu show just as it was starting. They did the usual bit where they honour service men and women and then introduced a soldier who had just got back from Iraq. He then Proceeded to ask his girlfriend to marry him. The place went crazy. I guess she definitely couldn't say no after that.
Met up with Henry again who had eaten lunch and we decided to leave as we are going back again next week for an afternoon. We went to grab a bite to eat and as Henry didn't want anything we just went to Denny's as we didn't think they would mind only two of us eating. It was actually pretty good, only been there once in all the years we have been coming. So we had planned to go to Aquatica but then the lightening started. As we were in I Drive we decided to go and take a look at Fun Spot as we had the free $75 gift cards from ATD. anyway we ended up staying there for over two hours. The boys loved the go carts and I couldn't get them off.. Then the heavens opened and we got drenched. So back in the car at 5. Decided to drive past Aquatica, wasn't sure if the slides would be open but by the time we got there it was looking a little brighter so got in at 5.30 and stayed till closing. Henry went on Breakaway falls 3 times and the mats. The rest of the time we were on the not so lazy river. It was a lot of fun and nice that it was still raining as it was a lot cooler than usual.
Back to WBC for a quick change and the off to Bosphorus for dinner. It's next door to Toojays at Dr Phillips. We had a Travelzoo voucher. The food was excellent. We paid $55 for two starters, mains, wine and a lava bread. Henry ordered another main but a really the food we got for two would have done three. The wine was excellent but I couldn't drink it as I was driving so we went next door afterwards and bought a bottle. We have passed this place so many times and it's always busy, I know why now.
So back home by 11.
Lazy day today, maybe a film or something after we have been to the pool. Fear the Walking Dead starts tonight and my boys are big fans of the original series so have to be home by 8. Discovery Cove tomorrow and really looking forward to that..

Great updates. Hope we make it to mythos this time.

Bex7583 a studio at cabana bay may suit if you are spending some time at universal and all citywalk restaurants easily accessible.

its on our short list seem very good prices , fits 5 of us , its likely we will have a few night here at least

Glad bosphorus was good I remember you mentioning buying the voucher on here.

I'm hoping travelzoo will do a hash house a go go one again

Day 13 -Lazy Day!
So I promised Henry he could have a lay in. I managed till 9am and could stay still any longer so went for a walk around the lake. One of the things I love about WBC is literally everyone who passes you says hello. People chat to you in the lifts and when they hear our accents they always ask where we are from. Everyone is so friendly.
We just went to the pool for a couple of hours and it was so hot than we were done by 1pm. We decided on a film at DTD, Man from Uncle, but didn't start till 3.20pm so had a wander then ended up in Earl of Sandwich. David had declared that he was never eating again last night ( we ate so much) however this was short lived. We all had the Original in EoS and David and Henry then got anothe to share! Then time for our film and we stopped in Goofys Candy shop and got some huge cookies. We really enjoyed the film, really funny.
We had to make a quick trip to supermarket so decided to stop off at Twistee Treat as we had heard it was good, and it was. We got two huge ice creams for less than the price of one in Harry Potter.
Then back to WBC where we went to the pool again and played volley ball which was exhausting. Then all sat down to watch Fear The Walking Dead premier.
So that was it, a nice relaxing day. Being away for three weeks you just can't keep up the pace of being at parks every day so nice to have a quiet day every now and then.

A great TR, especially finding it interesting you guys not doing Disney Parks. Goes to show how much there is to do!

Love your TR. I have now got a list of places to eat that I have never heard of before :thanks:

Day 14 - Discovery Cove and Bowling
We were up early and managed to check in at 8.10am. Went and got a bed by the snorkelling area. Quite a lot of beds already taken but we just managed to get one with an umbrella. So if you have a spot in mind and want to be in the shade it is best to get there early. Then off to breakfast. I decided to save myself for lunch so just had fruit which was good. The now have different crossings, I.e ham and cheese, egg and cheese etc. lots of muffins, pastries, cereals. There was a big queue but it went quickly.
We then spent the first couple of hours in the lazy river and snorkelling area. Henry loves the snorkelling. The weather was glorious. I had been a bit worried this year because lots of thunder.
So we had an early lunch. It was nicer than last year, I had grilled salmon and vegetables with corn on the cob, flowed by strawberries which were delicious. Then went to lazy river and heard the terrible rumble of thunder and everyone told to get out of the water, oh no. It was odd as the sun was still shining. No rain and we were allowed back in after 30 minutes. Then about 90 minutes later it happened again but this time it did rain a little but nothing serious but the clouds were very dark and I worried that this might be it for the day. Thankfully short lived and the weather cleared and lovely for the rest of the day. We had a early dinner at 3.45 as restaurant still open then just enjoyed the water till 5.30 when it closes. Didn't bother to get changed as probabl a queue for showers at that time.
It really is a lovely park and if not doing the dolphin swim then it's really reasonable if you consider you get SW, BG and AQ. Will definitely go back next year. This was our third year running.
Was home by 6pm so Henry and I decided to go bowling at DTD for an hour. It's more expensive that time if night$ $20 each and if there are two of you you get an hour. We got four games though so pretty good.
Couldn't eat anymore so just home to watch a bit of TV and then off to bed. Another great day.

Love your TR. I have now got a list of places to eat that I have never heard of before :thanks:
Thank you. We are very guilty of sticking to our favourites but we try and make a point of eating at a couple of new places each year. Some join the list like Carrabbas, others are one time only visits.

A great TR, especially finding it interesting you guys not doing Disney Parks. Goes to show how much there is to do!
Thanks. Can honestly say that haven't missed the Disney parks. I would have liked one day at MK but it would have cost us $350 so can live without it. We are going California Grill on Sunday do will see fireworks although you can see them from our hotel every night ( MK and EPCOT) I think we would struggle if we weren't staying at such a lovely resort though. There's so much to do here and it's so relaxing. I think not having do many parks has made this feel like longest holiday ever. Although saying that we do still have a fair few park tickets. SW,AQ,BG,DC,WnW, UNIVERSAL, TL,BB, Lego. Also have Madam Tussauds, Sealife and London Eye and $75 gift card for fun spot. So more than enough to be getting on with. I doubt we will go Disney next year either. Think we will wait till they build something new. Dread to think how long Star Wars will take. Really looking forward to King Kong at Universal next year.

Day 15 - Wet n Wild & Raglan Road
Had a great sleep last night so was wide awake by 8am so went for my morning swim in my private pool! Never anyone in the pools in the morning. I always swim round the lazy river a couple of times and occasionally walk round it the wrong way ( am hoping that will counteract a few of the too many calories I am eating!!)
We visited Wet n Wild on our first visit in 2005 and haven't been back since. So in our 12th visit we decided it was time to visit again. It was only about £8 extra to add to Universal tickets. We arrived at 10.30am and was surprised that you had to pay to park. Not sure why but the car park isn't even that close. Anyway it was only $13. We got straight in the park and I was impressed with how many slides there were. Henry went straight on a couple. I made it clear I wasn't going on anything scary. So I stuck to the family rides which I have to admit were alot of fun. The stairs up to the slides however were truly terrifying. I'm not good with heights anyway but unfortunately several of the family rides wouldn't allow single riders and David was more scared than I was. That's the great thing about the Disney waterparks, you can't see how high up you are. Anyway, I made it to the top and was glad I did, especially the disco and brainwash. I was laughing and screaming all the way down.
I really enjoyed the day. The park is nicer than I remember. They also had the best cabanas I have seen do far, although at $349 we decided to go without!
We only stayed till 1.30 but Henry had been on everything and I think we were all too hot. Henry was starving and asked if he could go to KFC which was just across the road. We got a bucket meal which was ok. I tried to stop thinking about what $30 would have bought me down the road in Toojays.
Then back to WBC for the Decades quiz. The resident singer performs several times a week and also hosts quizzes, think I already mentioned that. Today was US TV shows from 60's to present day. So he started off by asking if anyone not from US. We were only ones and he said straight away we would probably struggle. We did in the first round. He played theme tunes to six shows from each decade. It did get easier and we even won a few rounds. Luckily final round was movie quotes and we are big movie fans. So surprisingly out of 8 teams we came second. It was a lot of fun. We even got free smoothies as the barman said we had waited too long, I didn't even notice.
So stayed st the pool till 6 then got ready as we had Raglan Road booked for 7.45. Only takes 5 minutes to drive to DTD. We waited quite a while for our table. We all ordered fish and chips.
Couldn't fault the service but we were so disappointed with the good. It was pretty terrible. Our only bad meal in two weeks and our only one at a Disney table service restaurant. The fish was small and tasted like the Birdseye one you get back home in the supermarket. It was rubbery. I am sure it was frozen fish and not fresh. Tasted nothing like proper fish and chip shop fish. The chips were soggy and I only had 15 of them and they were small chips. I couldn't believe we were paying $20 each. Anyway we put it down to experience and moved on. Hate complaining on holiday and like I said, the waitress was good. So $80 for the meals, two sodas and bread. (Includes $10 tip). My own fault as we vowed last year to avoid restaurant that have the dining plan. The standard has really gone downhill since we started coming here. I'm sure prices are hugely inflated so everyone thinks they are getting a great deal.
Anyway we still had a great day.
Just watching some news, Fox, CNN etc just so different from the BBC.
Up early tomorrow for Busch Gardens, Henry's favourite park.

Last edited:
Thank you. We are very guilty of sticking to our favourites but we try and make a point of eating at a couple of new places each year. Some join the list like Carrabbas, others are one time only visits.

We have been to Steak and shake quite a few times (our guilty pleasure) and never had a bad experience with them. We looovvvvvveeeeeeeee their shakes! Next time we visit we have the dining plan so I don't think we will be able to try many new places to eat. However we are going to make an exception for Steak and Shake :teeth:.

I am also going to look into staying at WBC for our following trip (2017/2018) due to your trip report. It sounds lovely.

Day 16 - Busch Gardens
We decided to take the shuttle from Seaworld to BG because last year I drove and I lost my nerve a bit driving on the I4. I seemed to be surrounded by huge trucks on the way there and back and it just felt traumatic. I really couldn't go through that again. We booked the shuttle three days ago no problem on line. It said the bus left at 9.15 so we made sure we were at SW parking lot by 8.45. We have our parking pass so didn't cost us anything to park today. We saw three buses waiting and two were already full when we got there and they left straight away so I assume they just fill them up and send them off so it's worthwhile getting there early if you want more time in the park. Our bus was the last one so it did t leave till dead on 9.15. Nice trip, listened to my talking book but they played a movie, Big Hero 6. You see a different side to Florida along the I4. So many trailer parks. I can't imagine what it must be like living on the side of a motorway in a trailer in this heat. Took 75 minutes to get to the park.
Today was really a day for Henry, we have no interest in big roller coasters, mainly because we would be terrified!! The park seemed busier than last year but Henry went straight on Shiekra twice. We worked our way round the park and went on the Sky Ride for the first time which I loved. We bought Henry an express pass which was good for go on each ride. It was $20 He didn't mind queuing but I just like to know how long he will be, sometimes when the queue is long you start to wonder if he has been on the ride then come out and can't find us, crazy I know. Also it's nice not having to sit around for too long in that heat ( it was so hot today).
He went on Falcons Fury and we couldn't even watch him on that, way too scary. We had lunch in the new Place in Panatopia, it was good. I had a chicken salad in a tortilla, couldn't finished it.. The boys had chicken and burgers which they said were good.
We then enjoyed the rest of the park, mixture of animals and roller coasters. The only downside of getting the shuttle home is that you begin to worry that you will somehow end up missing it so you can't really enjoy the last hour in the park. Henry has been stuck on a few rides in Orlando before (45 minutes on Kraken once) so we agreed that no roller coasters after 5pm as bus was going at 6pm sharp. So we just wandered back to exit and were allowed on our bus at 5.30 which was great as the air con was on full blast. Bus left at 5.55 as everyone was back. They showed Night at the Museum 3 on the way back. There was a fair amount of traffic, assume it was rush hour and it took 90 minutes to get back. I didn't mind as so much more relaxing than last year.
We planned to go Longhornes for dinner but we just weren't hungry enough so we will go tomorrow. Henry chose Steak and Shake which was a great choice. We had the triple burgers and honestly it's one of the best burgers I have ever had and it was $4 including fries. Also had great banana milkshakes. The bill was $20. Great service too.
Unfortunately raining with lightening when we got back to WBC so today is the first day I haven't been swimming, really fancied a dip as well after such a long day, oh well there is always tomorrow.
So just watching the news, another shooting. Very sad.
Off to Universal for the afternoon tomorrow as last day we can use our tickets. Really looking forward to it, especially going on the Hogwarts Express again.

Really enjoying your report it's great to read and follow along :goodvibes
Thank you.
I did one last year for first time and it's really nice to have something to look back on. I really wish I had done this from the beginning after so many trips they tend to blur into one and it's hard to remember what you did when.
I will definitely try and upload some photos of Bonnet Creek soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter