Another GCH DVC permit filed

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
A new permit appeared on the Anaheim planning site late yesterday BLD2007-01926 "Shoring for basement excavation". Evidently the new wing will have a basement (Probably to house water heaters to make more room for units above. Just a guess on my part since space is at a premium)

On a related topic, permit BLD2007-01716 " Remove architectural overhangs and portion of exist. roof sections to prepare exist. structure for new addition" was issued by the city yesterday. This means we should start to see some actual work happening. This was the first permit to be filed (aug 2, 2007) it looks as if they take about a month to get thru the various divisions of the city for approval.

If the DVC in CALIFORNIA actually happens, I guess I will have to go to the left coast after all:rolleyes1

A new permit appeared on the Anaheim planning site late yesterday BLD2007-01926 "Shoring for basement excavation". Evidently the new wing will have a basement (Probably to house water heaters to make more room for units above. Just a guess on my part since space is at a premium)

On a related topic, permit BLD2007-01716 " Remove architectural overhangs and portion of exist. roof sections to prepare exist. structure for new addition" was issued by the city yesterday. This means we should start to see some actual work happening. This was the first permit to be filed (aug 2, 2007) it looks as if they take about a month to get thru the various divisions of the city for approval.
Great work Dwelty, and have a question for you. Is it usual to issue permits without first approving the total package? In my town, one has to have the planning dept/city council approve the architechure etc. before approving a project, and then permits are drawn up for the actual construction. Does Disney go through this process also, or does Anaheim just give them carte blanche? I would think there would have to be a public hearing on the design as most other cities do. If so, there must be a record of the entire project somewhere within the city of Anaheim.

Great work Dwelty, and have a question for you. Is it usual to issue permits without first approving the total package? In my town, one has to have the planning dept/city council approve the architechure etc. before approving a project, and then permits are drawn up for the actual construction. Does Disney go through this process also, or does Anaheim just give them carte blanche? I would think there would have to be a public hearing on the design as most other cities do. If so, there must be a record of the entire project somewhere within the city of Anaheim.

I have reviewed the general plan for the Anaheim Resort. The property in question (GCH) is zoned Hotel/Timeshare so, as long as it conforms to building safety guidelines, there is no need for a public hearing. According to the general plan, Disney can build a total of 5,900 units within the resort area. They have about 3,000 rooms now which leaves 2,900 additional rooms (It does not matter if they are hotel or Timeshare, they all count toward the 5,900) Since the 3rd gate property is not included in the Anaheim Resort general plan, they could potentially build additional rooms there (With Anaheim approval) The limit of rooms to 5,900 is most likely the reason that Disney plans to build 2 hotels in Gardenwalk. Another interesting point. The General plan for the Anaheim Resort states that ocupancy per year at a Timeshare property is limited to 60 days (calendar year) I don't know why anyone would spend more time than that, except maybe The Western Canadians who decend on Southern California every winter. Another interesting point. Time share owners are NOT exempt from Hotel Occupancy tax, What this means to members is that Disney has to calculate the Rental value of the Room and charge the member (I think it's about 9% per day) This means that we will either have to pay at check out, or it will be rolled into our member fees. ( think it will be ther latter) Since the transportation fee will be lower in Anaheim, and Insurance is generally lower in California than in Florida, it might just be a wash.

Or we have a new view with less points (basement view) :lmao:

The remodel of the timeshare sales permit BLD2007-01721 has also been issued. My quess is bye-bye SSR models...hello GC models!!!:cool1:

Do they really even need to build models if GCV is only 50 units? Those babies will be sold out before anyone ever tours the models.

Do they really even need to build models if GCV is only 50 units? Those babies will be sold out before anyone ever tours the models.

Remember, this 50 unit DVC rumor was from an original rumor that stated part of the extension would contain standard hotel rooms and 50 DVC units. Since that original rumor, I have not heard any mention of the hotel rooms, but lots of refrences to DVC. Potentially I think there is the possibility that the wing could be all DVC, which means that they could have more than just 50. Still, I agree that it will sell out fast.

Remember, this 50 unit DVC rumor was from an original rumor that stated part of the extension would contain standard hotel rooms and 50 DVC units. Since that original rumor, I have not heard any mention of the hotel rooms, but lots of refrences to DVC. Potentially I think there is the possibility that the wing could be all DVC, which means that they could have more than just 50. Still, I agree that it will sell out fast.

I seem to recall a few months back that Al Lutz mentioned that Disney was debating whether 50 units would be enough. I'm hoping they realized that they needed to start much larger than that, and are devoting the entire new wing to DVC.

I seem to recall a few months back that Al Lutz mentioned that Disney was debating whether 50 units would be enough. I'm hoping they realized that they needed to start much larger than that, and are devoting the entire new wing to DVC.
On another thread on here, someone mentioned the wing would have 250 rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter