Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'm a little sentimental these days because I still have the photo I took of Willy (King Shultz for those that might be new to this thread) congratulating on my little Vivian being born on the 24th of this month two years ago. Even tho we're all "cyber" people when that pic pops up on my screensaver, it's so very real to me. And even tho Willy seems to be lost in space the rest of you Aldions are very special to me.

Carry on........:love:

OK, the light is dawning now. - I bet you meant this thread had dropped to page 5.

I went back and looked at page 5 of the thread. - For a supposed smartie, I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes. :rotfl:

Though, hmmm...that's not necessarily a bad idea. - Someone else randomly call out a page!
:lmao:I uh..thought the same as you initially. It wasn't until your comment that I realized I'm slow on the uptake today as well :o :laughing:

I don't know about you @Micca but I'm getting tired of the "heat advisory" alerts we keep getting :faint: Heat index tomorrow between 100 and 110 :crazy2: I think I'm just in mourning over the lack of spring we got. We've still got plenty of hot (and hotter) days ahead of us too :sad2:

That and we need some darn rain (yesterday's storms only did a tiny bit).

Did you hear Gardner is on a water restriction now!?--no filling up private swimming pools for them until the restriction is over and they can only water their grass between X and Y time and on certain days of the week depending on your house address. I'm hoping our systems we use in our cities keep up because I really don't want to have to go to a water restriction (I don't even remember that ever happening in my time so maybe they are just better equipt to handle the droughts IDk).

Anyone have any news?

Hi everyone. The weather here in Maine has settled down. We had a couple of weeks in the 90s- definitely not typical for June/July- but now we are in the low to mid 80s most days. It's still hotter and more humid than usual, but it's OK. Having to work in the summer (I left public education last January for a "real" job) is definitely an adjustment, but the increase in pay makes it worth it!

We leave on Tuesday (7/24) for DC. We will meet DD and her SO there for several nights. We will see James Taylor and the Eagles on 7/26, which is also my birthday. Both DD"s SO and I head to our respective homes on 7/29, but DD and DH will head for Ohio to see his mom/her grandma for several days. I'd go too (I adore my MIL, feeling's mutual) but don't have the vacation days built up yet.

In general, it's a low-key summer so far. Nice weather, ample opportunity to visit friends out on an island off the coast (Islesboro, ME), warm summer nights at the beer garden, having drinks with friends. SO far, so good!

I don't know about you @Micca but I'm getting tired of the "heat advisory" alerts we keep getting :faint: Heat index tomorrow between 100 and 110 :crazy2: I think I'm just in mourning over the lack of spring we got. We've still got plenty of hot (and hotter) days ahead of us too :sad2:

That and we need some darn rain (yesterday's storms only did a tiny bit).

Did you hear Gardner is on a water restriction now!?--no filling up private swimming pools for them until the restriction is over and they can only water their grass between X and Y time and on certain days of the week depending on your house address. I'm hoping our systems we use in our cities keep up because I really don't want to have to go to a water restriction (I don't even remember that ever happening in my time so maybe they are just better equipt to handle the droughts IDk).

Anyone have any news?
What? I can't fill my olympic size pool???? Why I never!:crazy: It's so awful outside I'm mostly staying in. Of course that's me about 359 days per year.:sunny:
We leave on Tuesday (7/24) for DC. We will meet DD and her SO there for several nights. We will see James Taylor and the Eagles on 7/26, which is also my birthday.
That's a nice birthday concert, Happy Birthday!:cake:

We leave on Tuesday (7/24) for DC. We will meet DD and her SO there for several nights. We will see James Taylor and the Eagles on 7/26, which is also my birthday.
DC is fun! And what a great birthday celebration. Happy early birthday!

What? I can't fill my olympic size pool???? Why I never!:crazy: It's so awful outside I'm mostly staying in. Of course that's me about 359 days per year.:sunny:
:lmao::lmao:

We were supposed to go to the T-Bones game last Sunday but I woke up and was like "Do we have to go" to which Aaron was like "no" so we didn't. Yes it was free booze and food but I just did not feel like being out in the sun and heat for a 1pm game :crazy2:

We can say this, because we spent 15 hours there yesterday
:scared1: Yikes. I haven't had a really long stay at an airport in a very long time. *'Course this is me knocking on wood now lol*

Wow, that's a heck of a delay. Weather related?

We don't think so. We sat and talked to a woman from Vancouver Island (while she too was waiting out a different connection flight) who told us that friends and family of people on the Island are reluctant to visit because of this very problem!? WestJet was offering NO explanation but did give us food vouchers for the whole day.

We knew we were in trouble when there were 3, good for Brkfst, Lunch, and Dinner!

Btw: ronandannette: We did not see a Chick-fil-a! Molsons Brewery was good though. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone. The weather here in Maine has settled down. We had a couple of weeks in the 90s- definitely not typical for June/July- but now we are in the low to mid 80s most days. It's still hotter and more humid than usual, but it's OK. Having to work in the summer (I left public education last January for a "real" job) is definitely an adjustment, but the increase in pay makes it worth it!

We leave on Tuesday (7/24) for DC. We will meet DD and her SO there for several nights. We will see James Taylor and the Eagles on 7/26, which is also my birthday. Both DD"s SO and I head to our respective homes on 7/29, but DD and DH will head for Ohio to see his mom/her grandma for several days. I'd go too (I adore my MIL, feeling's mutual) but don't have the vacation days built up yet.

In general, it's a low-key summer so far. Nice weather, ample opportunity to visit friends out on an island off the coast (Islesboro, ME), warm summer nights at the beer garden, having drinks with friends. SO far, so good!

Happy "Almost!" :cake: Enjoy your vacation too.

Pg 5 guys.

Talk more ;)
ALDIO has fallen to page 4 so I decided to step in before things get out of hand! Good morning everyone! I’m up just a little earlier than usual today and am dismayed to find that the sun’s not up at 5:00 am anymore. :( At 5 weeks past the solstice it was just about 6:00 before it was full-light and our long, bright days are waning. Winter, as they say, is coming.

Oh well, I recognize in myself a bad habit of failing to stay “in the moment” and missing a lot because I’m always either looking back or looking forward. I’m choosing this morning to just enjoy the pale blue sky of another lovely day in Calgary and I hope you all have a great one too! :grouphug:

I’m choosing this morning to just enjoy the pale blue sky of another lovely day in Calgary and I hope you all have a great one too!
Well this is certainly a nice, cheery way to start a day:sunny: That's very nice of you ronandannette:) Anyone doing anything interesting? I'm not:teeth: Hope everyone is well and enjoying summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter