Any car suggestions?

Elephantay

DIS Veteran
We are in need of a third car for me to commute locally. Would consider anything cheap with good safety but must have all wheel drive. Open to lease, great used, or new. I dont think anyone else will ever be in the car lol so its ok if its small, and I dont want fancy interior or features. Really do not want an older used car with potential problems- unless I knew the owner/history.
What do you all have and like?

I have a Subaru forester and I love it!!! Great gas mileage and awd. The size is perfect for me, I've had sedans and larger suvs and the size of the forester is my sweet spot! Mine is 2010 and we will be upgrading to a newer forester within the year, thinking maybe a 2015-2017.

We have been getting certified used cars for the last 10 years. They are less expensive than buying new and come with a dealer warranty. My present car was a year old (lease return) and was close to 30 % less than if we had bought it new. It had 5000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with in 2.5 years.

I love my Subaru Crosstrek (with manual transmission). I got a good deal on it (bought it 3 years old). Great little car, and handles wonderfully in all weather with the AWD.

We have been getting certified used cars for the last 10 years. They are less expensive than buying new and come with a dealer warranty. My present car was a year old (lease return) and was close to 30 % less than if we had bought it new. It had 5000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with in 2.5 years.

My last one was certified and the one before that was a demo car. Both like new, with warranty and have held value pretty good since the initial depreciation hit was already taken.

Interesting our family and friends are all Subaru fans and haven't had any of these issues.
Just need to go in with all the knowledge you can. I can't say, because most of the folks I know with Subarus are pretty abusive drivers. But it is a pretty well documented issue that is under Federal investigation

We have a Chevy Trax with awd. My husband drives it mainly to work and back (and it’s been on a few road trips as well). I just bought a Kia Seltos today that has awd.
I will caution you, at least in my area....new cars are hard to come by and the price of used cars are very high.

If you are looking for cheap....we've bought two cars through a salvage lot for the kids. Neither is much to look at (totaled due to salvage damage), but I got a two year old Fiat with 22k miles on it for $5k. Our lot always has lots of SUVs.

Just need to go in with all the knowledge you can. I can't say, because most of the folks I know with Subarus are pretty abusive drivers. But it is a pretty well documented issue that is under Federal investigation
Looking at the article its a couple of models through a specific year range, I don't think those models have been popular in our group which is probably why its not familiar.

I have a VW Tiguan that has AWD. I was very surprised when we bought this last year how spacious it was and how good the gas mileage is. Would recommend definitely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter