Any car suggestions?

If the Crosstrek felt small, the CX-3 is definitely out! It's based on the MAZDA2, which is a teeny tiny subcompact car.

Just drove my aunts Toyota

What do you think of the mazda cx3? My neighbor likes hers but its pretty low. I'm trying to get something less expensive than the cx5.

The CX-3 is also a very nice car, I am a big Mazda person. You might also want to look at the CX-30 which is between the CX5 and CX3.

If the Crosstrek felt small, the CX-3 is definitely out! It's based on the MAZDA2, which is a teeny tiny subcompact car.
It was the front seats that felt tight. My son is a big guy and I dont think he'd fit comfortably. Our local dealer doesnt have much and prices are CRAZY! Much, much higher than usual due to the chip problem and they said it will get worse. Predicted no cars by July!

We are in need of a third car for me to commute locally. Would consider anything cheap with good safety but must have all wheel drive. Open to lease, great used, or new. I dont think anyone else will ever be in the car lol so its ok if its small, and I dont want fancy interior or features. Really do not want an older used car with potential problems- unless I knew the owner/history.
What do you all have and like?

checkout the toyota prius AWD. This is definitely a low maintenance car. The tires size are not big so they are cheaper to replace also the brake pads almost last forever. Whatever car you purchase AWD or Front wheel drive and If you have extra money and extra space in your garage i would suggest you buy a second set of slightly used rims and put “snow tire” in them for winter use. A front wheel drive car with Winter tires will outperform any awd car with all season tires.

I thought impreza too but its too low for me to feel and see comfortably. Havent driven a Crosstrek but hoping its better? Would love this car if I could get a good deal.

I have a Crosstrek. It is nice and roomy and you are up high. I love it.

UPDATE!
We decided to lease a Subaru Legacy. We love it! Since we wanted AWD we kept coming back to Subarus.....Theres a huge shortage of cars right now because of the chip problem. We would see cars online and they were gone that night. Prices going up each week. Used car prices are crazy here- not really a good deal unless we got a very old car....
Thanks so much for all of the help!

UPDATE!
We decided to lease a Subaru Legacy. We love it! Since we wanted AWD we kept coming back to Subarus.....Theres a huge shortage of cars right now because of the chip problem. We would see cars online and they were gone that night. Prices going up each week. Used car prices are crazy here- not really a good deal unless we got a very old car....
Thanks so much for all of the help!

Congrats on the new car. My mom bought a Legacy about a year ago and she loves it.

We are in need of a third car for me to commute locally.
You just need this third car to go to work? Before you buy, compare the cost of ownership (purchase of the car + gas + insurance + maintenance) to the cost of getting a ride through Uber.
Open to lease
Remember that "lease" is another word for "rent". Leasing a car can be quite expensive in the long run.
we've bought two cars through a salvage lot for the kids.
I have a friend (a quite wealthy friend) whose family buys salvage cars. It's working for them. The "pro" is that they drive very nice cars cheaply. Her husband enjoys "the hunt" for the right car, and he finds cars that have only body damage /gets them fixed.
The "con" is that you can't buy a salvaged car fast; that is, you have to wait a while for the one you want to show up. And you have to pay cash; no bank will lend money on a salvaged car. Another "con" is that a salvaged car has no trade-in value, and you can't easily sell it -- so you have to commit to driving it long-term.
Can't wait, our son will start commuting to college at the end of August and likely using my outback.
Is this a current thread? It's May -- you have several months.
We had a used Civic for a LONG time as our commuting car, was great.
Civics are great cars -- and cheap to keep. I just got a new Civic last year -- only because my daughter needed a car. So she's driving my 13-year old, perfect condition Civic. If she hadn't needed a car, I would still be driving it.
But the sticker price was 29000!
Remember that sticker prices are bloated. Expect and demand to pay less, but -- yes -- that's a high starting point.
My son is a big guy and I dont think he'd fit comfortably.
Being 4'11" has its perks. Maybe I can't reach the second shelf in the kitchen cabinets, but the smallest car is still comfortable for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter