Any Holiday Shipping/Receiving Issues This Year?

MGMmjl

DIS Veteran
I've noticed an uptick of reports on our neighborhood apps/Facebook pages over the past week or two about packages being misdelivered. Have you had any issues this year? So far (knock on wood!), we've received every item we've ordered with no issues or major delays. I have noticed our local post office seems to be doing things a bit differently this year with package deliverers. They have one mail carrier that delivers larger packages separate from the rest of the mail (usually early in the day. We had a couple packages delivered at 7:30 am Saturday morning.) And then smaller packages that can fit in the mailbox come in the regular delivery. I haven't noticed that in the past in our area.

I've not personally had any issues (*knock on wood*); however, I wouldn't be surprised. I know that with the Panama Canal drought a lot of shipping containers can't get through, which is obviously causing a delay in deliveries.

Nope......everything has arrived.
I just ordered 2 things this morning, so we'll see.

I'm having an issue with something I shipped priority mail on Saturday. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but as of tracking today, it's still floating through the system somewhere. Everything that I ordered showed up as scheduled, except for one delivery from our local Walmart store. The person delivering it left it on our neighbors back porch, and they don't even live on the same street. Luckily they left a photo of where it was left and I recognized their back door and went and retrieved my packages.

My DD was fitted for new glasses, purchased through the optometrist's office. Apparently the package has been lost by whatever shipper - might be UPS. The office called the other day to apologize and say it could be another week (it's already been 3 weeks).

There was a report about porch pirates on the local news the other night. I don't know if it's been a particular problem in my own neighborhood, but I know it happens and more at this time of year.

Just yesterday! I was waiting for a fairly expensive ski jacket to arrive plus a two other packages. I knew they were supposed to arrive yesterday so I was listening for the delivery person (I work from home most of the time and I am close to the front door/porch). I received an email that my packages had been delivered from the company shipping them so I went to look on my front porch. Nothing. Sometimes if UPS hands off to the post office, the delivery can be off by a day so I wasn't too concerned. About 30 minutes later I got an email from UPS saying the packages had all been delivered and they included a photo (had not experienced UPS doing that, maybe the shipper requested it because one of the items was fairly expensive). Well, the photo was of the 3 boxes, but it was not my front porch or walkway. It was brick and mine is slate. And nothing on my Ring camera. So, I went online to chat with UPS. The person was writing up something to send to the driver to see if he remembered where he left the packages, she said it would take a few minutes, so she advised I go look outside to see if I could see if it could be anywhere else in my yard. I did go out, nothing in my yard, but I decided to go around the corner and what did I spot across the street but my 3 packages all stacked up like in the photo, but at my neighbors house! So, I went over and picked them up - they weren't home, there were a few cars driving by and it was trash day, so I got a few weird looks. I'm sure someone probably thought I was stealing stuff! I came back in and told the UPS person that I had found the items at my neighbors house, but the addresses aren't even close. She apologized and said they would mention it to the driver. I'm sure they are running full out, so mistakes will happen. I was happy I found my stuff! I do wonder what would have happened if I had not. Fortunately all the boxes were well tracked and because they took the picture that I could easily prove was not my house, they would hopefully have reimbursed me for the items. All's well that ends well!

I have had no issues this year with deliveries, and my shopping is now complete (just don’t ask about wrapping yet . . .). The only oddity I ran into was that for two packages, I received the items so quickly that the email to track the delivery came after the package was delivered.

I am not working right now, so I basically haunt my front window on delivery day so I can be sure the package arrives.

A book. USPS. Shipped Nov. 29th. Delayed in transit, but now it’s left some facility again.

Still waiting on a gift card for my MIL’s hair salon. Ordered on November 29th.

Waiting on 3 or 4 items from Amazon ordered on Nov 27th. And one item ordered from a non Amazon store in Dec 3rd. Not shipped yet. Though one item says ' probably delivered Dec 6th' lol

Beginning to wonder if I'll get them at all.

I regularly get probation information for someone with the same address in another town (has the right town and zip code yet I keep getting them!). I always return to sender as it’s probably a court appearance and the person is not getting the notifications. I have received 5 letters/packages from their probation officer in the last 6 months.

My neighbor and I are 1 house number apart and regularly get each others mail/packages. We just walk them over to each other.

Compared to last year, things are a lot better with mail service. At my job, we still get a lot of snail mail payments and the number of checks lost in the mail has gone back down close to pre-2020 levels. (Collections was getting ridiculous last December with the number of checks our customers had to reissue!!) My physical packages all did better this year, too, at least so far.

Both of my 'late' packages finally made it to the states they were heading to. CO and FL. At least I know they are getting closer, lol.
Priority mail isn't priority mail anymore if it takes 4-5 days to get where it's going, especially if you ship them before their 'suggested deadlines', which this year is 12/16. I'm glad I mailed them early!

So far so good on this end. Last week I gave all my overseas packages to an acquaintance who was traveling to Europe. He’ll disburse them to various countries via the Swiss post office and I feel confident they will arrive on time.

No problems getting deliveries into my building. There are 3 different drop off points: direct to the concierge, via mailbox and a new system named Luxor that sends a code via text when the box is in use. The hardest part is knowing which system the mailing vendor is using.

For over 30 years I’ve lived a charmed life as in a doorman/concierge dwelling I don’t need to worry about theft or loss. Met a woman at the rehab center who lives around the corner from me in a 5th flr walk up. She shattered her ankle so it’s difficult getting her mail. Tried to make her life easier by having her packages delivered to my building. Hopefully one less issue on her mind.

At first things were going with no problems. However, we have encountered some issues this year with Amazon packages. DH had a couple gift orders that did not arrive, he just used the replace option and the duplicates DID arrive.

I know one of the weirdest things too, we ordered some lawn staples from Amazon (for the purpose of holding down inflatable Christmas decorations) that never arrived. The tracking shows they made it as far as the city, but they never went out for delivery. We just got a refund on that... it is just strange that a $6 item would go missing. :confused3 We didn't bother replacing those, we just made do with what we already had.

Just yesterday! I was waiting for a fairly expensive ski jacket to arrive plus a two other packages. I knew they were supposed to arrive yesterday so I was listening for the delivery person (I work from home most of the time and I am close to the front door/porch). I received an email that my packages had been delivered from the company shipping them so I went to look on my front porch. Nothing. Sometimes if UPS hands off to the post office, the delivery can be off by a day so I wasn't too concerned. About 30 minutes later I got an email from UPS saying the packages had all been delivered and they included a photo (had not experienced UPS doing that, maybe the shipper requested it because one of the items was fairly expensive). Well, the photo was of the 3 boxes, but it was not my front porch or walkway. It was brick and mine is slate. And nothing on my Ring camera. So, I went online to chat with UPS. The person was writing up something to send to the driver to see if he remembered where he left the packages, she said it would take a few minutes, so she advised I go look outside to see if I could see if it could be anywhere else in my yard. I did go out, nothing in my yard, but I decided to go around the corner and what did I spot across the street but my 3 packages all stacked up like in the photo, but at my neighbors house! So, I went over and picked them up - they weren't home, there were a few cars driving by and it was trash day, so I got a few weird looks. I'm sure someone probably thought I was stealing stuff! I came back in and told the UPS person that I had found the items at my neighbors house, but the addresses aren't even close. She apologized and said they would mention it to the driver. I'm sure they are running full out, so mistakes will happen. I was happy I found my stuff! I do wonder what would have happened if I had not. Fortunately all the boxes were well tracked and because they took the picture that I could easily prove was not my house, they would hopefully have reimbursed me for the items. All's well that ends well!

I had a package last year from USPS (not at Christmas) that showed it was delivered in the mailbox. When I checked the mail, it wasn't in there. I gave it a couple days, and it still wasn't in there. I called the local post office, and they were able to use the GPS in the mail vehicle to see where it may have been delivered. She said it showed it didn't make it to my street. The carrier supposedly checked the houses where it could have been delivered, but it wasn't found. Since it fit in the mailbox, we couldn't check others' porches to see if it wound up there. Thankfully, it was a rather inexpensive item, but it didn't increase my confidence in the USPS, lol.

No, but we only get a few things delivered. Although today I am staying home to wait for my wife's new laptop to be delivered.

I had ordered supplies for a kids ornament painting party at the beginning of the month. Several days later my app said "On the truck" Out for delivery. EVERY DAY FOR 5 DAYS I got the same message! Finally I managed to get ahold of someone at UPS and they tracked the "backup" truck and I had to meet them several towns away to collect my package..along with 5 others that had accumulated over the week. Apparently the new driver on our route didn't like driving on rural roads, so he just didn't!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter