Any Holiday Shipping/Receiving Issues This Year?

Not holiday related but just had an issue with FedEx. I am starting a new job and equipment was being sent to me. I got a text on Thursday from FedEx that the package was going to arrive sometime on Friday and someone had to sign for it. My husband sat in the living room with the blinds up so he could look out for the truck as I was working upstairs and would not hear if someone came to the door and a lot of times they are in a rush and do not wait long for someone to come to the door so might not have made it down in time even if I heard it and could not afford to miss this. On Friday morning I was forwarded an e-mail from my new manager that she got from IT stating the expected delivery was between 8:40 am and 10:40 am. Close to that later time he saw a truck pull up to our court and they are always delivering to other neighbors so did not want to assume it was for me as the time range given was an approximate so waited for the knock which did not come and so after a few minutes he went outside to see if maybe the person just left the package on the porch and there was nothing. We are in a townhouse on one end the first one you come to at our building so only attached on one side and noticed the sorry we missed you note from FedEx taped to our neighbor’s door with my name on it. The numbers are clearly marked on a column that is part of the porch so not sure how the person could mix things up and go to the wrong house. He called FedEx to see if they could catch the driver before that person left the area and was told would return in a few hours. After 4 hours there was no delivery so my husband called again around 2:30 pm. The person he spoke to said we would just have to go to the main center which is about 30-45 minutes away or longer depending on traffic. He asked for a supervisor who said once the first attempt to everyone on the list was made should do a second one but could not guarantee that would be done or give a time but took his cellphone number and said the driver would call when close. There was no call but around 3:30 pm he saw the truck and figuring it was for me went outside and saw the person went to the wrong house again. Luckily he was there so got to the driver in time to get it.

Not holiday related but just had an issue with FedEx. I am starting a new job and equipment was being sent to me. I got a text on Thursday from FedEx that the package was going to arrive sometime on Friday and someone had to sign for it. My husband sat in the living room with the blinds up so he could look out for the truck as I was working upstairs and would not hear if someone came to the door and a lot of times they are in a rush and do not wait long for someone to come to the door so might not have made it down in time even if I heard it and could not afford to miss this. On Friday morning I was forwarded an e-mail from my new manager that she got from IT stating the expected delivery was between 8:40 am and 10:40 am. Close to that later time he saw a truck pull up to our court and they are always delivering to other neighbors so did not want to assume it was for me as the time range given was an approximate so waited for the knock which did not come and so after a few minutes he went outside to see if maybe the person just left the package on the porch and there was nothing. We are in a townhouse on one end the first one you come to at our building so only attached on one side and noticed the sorry we missed you note from FedEx taped to our neighbor’s door with my name on it. The numbers are clearly marked on a column that is part of the porch so not sure how the person could mix things up and go to the wrong house. He called FedEx to see if they could catch the driver before that person left the area and was told would return in a few hours. After 4 hours there was no delivery so my husband called again around 2:30 pm. The person he spoke to said we would just have to go to the main center which is about 30-45 minutes away or longer depending on traffic. He asked for a supervisor who said once the first attempt to everyone on the list was made should do a second one but could not guarantee that would be done or give a time but took his cellphone number and said the driver would call when close. There was no call but around 3:30 pm he saw the truck and figuring it was for me went outside and saw the person went to the wrong house again. Luckily he was there so got to the driver in time to get it.

Wow how annoying. It’s not like townhouses & condos are so unusual that the driver had never delivered to 1. Glad your husband caught him at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter