Any input would be appreciated....

jezaduck24

Mouseketeer
Hi there...I posted this on the theme park board but got no response (1 person - ouch!) and would really like some feedback on this plan. Maybe that was not the right place to post? Anyway...

I need some opinions on our plans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DH and I are planning a longish weekend in May and I really need some opinions on my planning. We are staying at POR and will be driving in from the Atlanta metro area. We would like to have at least 1 sit down meal (I have PS'ed Artist Point and Le Cellier but can change) and plan to visit MK and Epcot - at least. Last factoid....I will be 21 weeks pregnant that weekend.

OK, now that the facts have been dispensed with, let's roll out what is making me go all undecided. I swear I think sometimes blind blonde ignorance is better when planning these WDW commando trips than the enlightened planning of people in the know. At any rate, I dont really want to er...'go commando' in the parks. I am not sure I can stand up to the long hard slog across Fantasyland five times in one day this time. I've had sort of a rough first trimester and I dont think my endurance is fabulous right now. Getting up early doesnt seem to be a problem now (The Speck seems to be an early riser.....woe to me!) and it seems like a good idea for us to go at it early and then take an afternoon break. Add to the pregnancy that I am 2 years post Gastric Bypass so I need to eat little meals frequently to keep my blood sugar up for The Speck. Whew! OK, initally we planned on the following:

- Leave the ATL by 5pm on Thursday and drive to Ocala, Fl. Stay overnight at a Hotel El Cheapo (I think it's a HoJo, reserved on Expedia at $49 pm w/ some 'manager's special' discount. It looked decent on the website). Then up at the booty-crack of dawn and drive to WDW, do an early checkin at POR and head to MK, hopefully by 9:30am and get DH fastpasses for SpMtn. Then check lines in Fantasyland and try to do at least 1 ride (We want to do Pooh, Peter Pan, PhilharMagic, Snow White and possibly the carousel there) then get fastpasses for Buzz and hit CoP (if it's open) and TTA. DH is not interested in doing SplMtn or BTMRR (gasp!!!! can you imagine???) this time but I think once we get there he will (so we will work those and POC and the leftover Fantasyland stuff in in the evening). After this, we were planning on seeing if our room is ready and heading back to POR. If no, I will need to be fed at the park. Most likely Pecos Bill's or Plaza Restaurant. Tradition normally mandates a visit to the Pin-Tailed Donkey at CP but Im not sure how I would handle a buffet with that whole 'Im pregnant and I want to eat this ENTIRE buffet' and 'I had a gastric bypass and my stomach is the size of an egg' dichotomy. Plus...it takes forever to eat there. When the room is finally ready, we will head there and change to nicer park attire and go to dinner at Artist Point at WL. I have a PS for 6pm so we are considering driving over for that, then taking boat back to MK for Wishes which is an absolute must for us as we havent seen it.

**Now, the problem with this is that I started looking around and researching. I miss ignorance; always do when I start planning WDW trips here. I've done it my last 2 trips. *sigh* I have discovered that our arrival/MK day is an early EMH day for MK. If we make it to MK by 9:30am, we are already 1 1/2 hours behind the masses and I doubt we will make it on Pooh and get DH on SpMtn before 11am. HOWEVER, our only alternative is to do MK at the above schedule on Saturday which is always strongly discouraged. *twitch* Im at a loss, folks. I know enough to be dangerous and am therefore suffering paralysis of analysis.

-As for our Epcot day, we are planning on being there at opening, getting DH on M:S ASAP (heh...rise and shine, sweets!) and fastpass for TT ASAP. The we will do Soarin', JII, Crush, Spaceship Earth, and finish up at Ellen's Energy Adventure. Original plan was to head back to POR for sensible rest and then back to Epcot for dinner at LeCellier and touring WS until Illuminations. After park closing we would head to PI and the Adventurer's Club which is not an absolute must-must but I really want to go there and DH would LOVE it.

**Well, the reality is I cant get a PS for LeCellier on Saturday night except at 4pm. grrrr.... I know, it's Saturday night at Epcot. So I took that PS and also have a lunch one for 12:50 (and will cancel the one I decide not to use ASAP because I am trying to generate good WDW karma *ahem*). I could care less about when we eat at LeC because I prolly won't eat 1/3 of what I order anyway and will be eating somewhere else 2 or 3 hours after that as well. The fancy sit downs are really for DH. We love cooking, wine, anything involving the digestive tract, really. I want him to be happy. The trip itself is my doing as DH would be happy sitting in the sand and drinking beer at our friend's condo in Hilton Head for a long weekend. In other misguided attempts to raise the happymeter for DH I have considered getting the hopper option so we can hit the Studios for him or doing the Undiscovered Future World tour in the afternoon. I know he would seriously love that tour, being the professional nerd he is.

-Sunday we check out, hit Kona Cafe so I can watch DH enjoy Tonga Toast (ok, ONE bite for me) and then DTD for shopping and to-go from the Earl of Sammich (Oh, BTW anyone, is that Earl Grey lemonade pre-sweetened?). Then back to boring old stinky blucky Atlanta.

Then I read somewhere about the Triathalon (sounds so cool! Maybe that can be a post-Speck goal...) that weekend and my head almost exploded....

So, folks, I need some help here. *sniff* I am the lone Disney person in my family *sniff*. I got nowhere else to turn... ;)
Help?

Ocala is not far from WDW at all.

How about getting up earlier and get to POR at 7:00am - yes you can check in early then go to the parks for early entry - if you get up and leave by 6:00 am - that shouldn't be a problem. So during the MK the day you arrive is definitely duability.

I don't think you can do Pooh nor Snow White - nor any of the RR. I am pretty sure you can't do Soarin, Test Track or Mission to Space. Go ask on the families board - which rides you can do.

boy you have a ton of energy - during Epcot then going to PI.....

You don't have any meals at Boatwrights - the restuarant at POR - it is worth doing (my opinion). besides it is your home resort....

Artist Pointe is a very nice restuarant - and if you like that food - you will love it. However I suggest you read the menu on www.allearsnet.com first.

I love the Kona Cafe for breakfast.

but I am going on a diet this week - so that is out for me too!

good lucky!

Check in at POR as early as you can and don't sweat what time you get to MK - I expect that at the end of May, because of the happiest celebration, the parks will be busy pretty much every day. Don't sweat what you can't do, focus on what you can.

At the restaurants, have you considered sharing with your hubby? Maybe ordering your own appetizer and sharing a bit of his meal? Believe me, they don't mind splitting anything (my mom had the flu while we were there and she rarely got her own meal, and while I can eat like a horse at home when I am in a restaurant I just get overwhelmed). We often split food or ordered oddly. Again just enjoy what you can and don't worry about anything else.

BTW congrats on the little speck! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter