Any luck lately with Touring Plans room requests?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I’m debating on if I should add a room request on TP. I already called and added one to our reservation.
Should I go ahead and request on both?

I put in a room request with TP and kind of got what I asked for. I requested a second floor room overlooking the volleyball court at the BC. I made a note that we’d like a full balcony. We ended up getting a fourth floor room overlooking the volleyball court, but not a full balcony. We got our room ready text once we landed and I went on TP and saw our room was noted as not having a full balcony. We didn’t even go to the room. When we checked into the BC, I went to the desk and asked for a full balcony. We are just around the corner from the original room, but look out over a courtyard at the front of the resort. We check into the Poly tomorrow and I can update if we get the room we requested. This is the first time I didn’t have my TA note any room requests on our reservation. I strictly used TP. Not sure if it made a difference or not.

I used the TP room request in May at BLT and we got our exact room. It was pretty freaking great, as we were booked in standard view but got the highest floor standard you could, so it was basically a theme park view.

I used the TP room request in May at BLT and we got our exact room. It was pretty freaking great, as we were booked in standard view but got the highest floor standard you could, so it was basically a theme park view.
Oh good!

I put one in for BCV and did not get what we asked for . No biggie but was disappointed.

I've had good luck getting very close to what I've asked for.

Most recent stays (July) were POP and CSR Gran Destino Tower. At POP, I requested ground floor room in building 6, and I think I was maybe 2 rooms away from what I requested. Gran Destino info is below.

Here's pretty much my entire history of requests!
Got exact room I requested at AS Music (twice!) I really don't care for the layout of this resort, so getting exact room made it easier to stay there.

I've gotten the same building requested at POP multiple times. The one time I didn't get near what I requested, I went to desk as soon as I got my room assignment and asked for a change which was graciously granted (had asked for building 6 and was put in building 2. Was able to get a room in 6 with no problem. Not sure why they didn't put me there to begin with!)

Usually get same area requested at AS Movies. The one time I didn't get request, I was upgraded from standard to preferred. I had requested Mighty Ducks and was put in 101 Dalmatians. Was still pretty close to area I had requested, so was very happy!

One floor down but same general area requested at Coronado Gran Destino Tower.
Booked standard CSR once and requested Casitas 4, was upgraded to preferred, Casitas 1. That was a great location and I loved it!

At AKL, when I book standard, I always request partial savanna view and have always gotten it.

Have never gotten anything close to my requests at YC and they are always very reluctant to move me to a different room even though I don't go in the room once I see the location. I have 2 reservations coming up here soon, so will see if my luck changes!

Last edited:

Recently I got one floor down from the room I wanted at Yacht Club and that same week the exact room at SSR.
I have had decent luck. hardly ever the exact room but often same floor a couple of rooms over. BCV's has been the worst and its my Home resort.

For those of you that have had success, @UVACHRIS11 and @summerlvr , how did you word your request on TP? I have been on Touring Plans since 2007 and have not had luck with almost all of my room requests. I know it is just a request and it isn't guaranteed but when I read about other people's success (or even being upgraded) I figure my request must not be hitting the mark. Any tips you can share would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Had a request in TP and called in the same request for our Riviera Resort trip that we just returned from. Got the opposite of what I asked for. Asked for high floor and quiet pool view. We got 3rd floor and view of the skyliner station. The worst part was that the night before we checked in someone posted on the Riviera facebook page that they were UPGRADED to this great room... and posted a pic of exactly what I asked for!!!

Had a request in TP and called in the same request for our Riviera Resort trip that we just returned from. Got the opposite of what I asked for. Asked for high floor and quiet pool view. We got 3rd floor and view of the skyliner station. The worst part was that the night before we checked in someone posted on the Riviera facebook page that they were UPGRADED to this great room... and posted a pic of exactly what I asked for!!!
Well that stinks!

For those of you that have had success, @UVACHRIS11 and @summerlvr , how did you word your request on TP? I have been on Touring Plans since 2007 and have not had luck with almost all of my room requests. I know it is just a request and it isn't guaranteed but when I read about other people's success (or even being upgraded) I figure my request must not be hitting the mark. Any tips you can share would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I pick a specific room in the area that I want and then add a comment expanding my room preferences. For example, I frequently book a standard room at Pop Century, so my request is usually for room 6113 because it is so close to preferred rooms and a short walk to skyliner, food court and pool. In the additional information box, I will say something like "Prefer ground floor but it's not necessary. Would love any room, any floor in building 6. Thanks!" I'm usually put in the wing that juts out toward the lake, and almost always on the ground floor and I'm happy with that. As long as they put me somewhere in building 6, I consider that a successful request.
Same goes for any resort with multiple buildings. I pick a specific room and then comment that I would love any room in that building or area.

Thanks!

When I used it a couple years ago at POFQ and we were traveling with another party, I think I picked the room we'd like and then a comment stating that we were traveling with xxxxxxxxx and preferred 1) connecting rooms 2) on the ground floor in 3) building 4. We got building 7, but I think it was because building 4 was being refurbed.

My next stay is at the Poly and I'll probably phrase it as preferring ground floor in building such and such.

Just checked into our room at the Poly. The building I requested is still under refurbishment so we are in a different one, but I did request third floor, non-connecting and those requests were granted.

I’m 2 weeks away from check in. I didn’t realize they changed it. I hope it still gets there in time.

We used it for our YC stay last month & got almost exactly what we wanted. Asked for 2nd floor overlooking the marina & lighthouse boat dock. We got the 4th floor overlooking the marina. Loved it!

I’ve had 100% success with TP in the past with everything except DVC cash rooms - even getting the exact same room or the room next door multiple times. But I’m here now on a split stay and it was a massive failure. Night 1 was AOA. Requested Building 7, with a note that I wanted to be close to the Skyliner. Got Building 8, in a room that was literally the furthest possible distance from everything except the parking lot. I think I was closer to CBR than the Skyliner station. Switched to Pop yesterday for the main portion of my trip (7 nights). Requested 50s, with a note that I wanted to be close to the Skyliner, preferably with a lake view. Got 80s Building 7 - nowhere near either the Skyliner or the lake. I went to the front desk and was able to be moved to a great room in the 50s. No lake view, but quick walk to everything. Since there was obvious availability in the area I requested, I’m assuming that the TP requests were either not received or ignored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter