Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

MDM: I haven't used the Kiosk but in Nov when we went I checked in online because I didn't use a coupon. I entered all the info: drivers license, credit card etc on line and printed off the paperwork. After we got our luggage we went right to the garage and got the vans and at the exit booth I passed in the paperwork, drivers licenses, and credit card. The attendant did whatever and passed everything back and we left.
You can't use coupons with the online booking but you can at the Kiosk. Here's a quote from a previous thread about using the Kiosk:
I used it in MCO with no problems. I had a coupon and still was able to use it.
I gave them everything in the parking garage after I picked out the car with no trouble. Returned after 14 days and was charged the exact amount I booked for. I think it is great. Saved a lot of time, since I was traveling with the kids alone it really helped.
Here's the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553104&page=2

Any coupons out there NOT requiring a Saturday night? TIA

these 2008 entertainment book coupons do not say sat night required:
ND1855JJT $15 off weekly, compact or larger
ND1849JJX $20 off weekly, midsize or larger
NU1962JJR 2 car class upgrade, book compact thru mid
NF2044JJP one free day, min 5 day rental, mid-size or larger

i would plan on needing the actual coupons tho....
hth :)

Thanks soooo much. I thought the ENT coupons had the Sat. night requirement too.:guilty:

This is why I love this site. Full of helpful, knowledgable, good-hearted people who share their experiences. Thanks for all the help and advise!

MDM

Hi I used the contract id #5063773 and it worked out great for me but I was hoping that someone could tell me where they got this contract id# to make sure that I can use it?

Thanks
ctc917

I booked a minivan using the ID 8572987 and the 35 dollar coupon it came to 250.07. I phoned the company and asked if this was O.K. and can I use the Kiosk. The answer was everything was fine with my reservation and yes I can use the Kiosk. There seems to be no problem with this coupon and visa ID. Yeah! Hope this helps.
Excellent news! I used the ID number and got a minivan in March for $291 complete (even including insurance) when the "regular" price is coming up at about $650!

hopefully everything will be good. I think I'll tell him to check-in through the Kiosk (nobody to argue with you ) :laughing:
I used it to book my own reservation for March so as my friend said, I'm using him as a guinea pig. :laughing:

The only place your friend could run into a problem is with the person at the drive-thru that you have to hand everything to.
If they should start asking questions.

That's what I'm afraid of! :scared1:

It gives me a much better rate than I have through Dollar. I'm afraid it's too good to be true!

8572987 - I found something that said this is good for United Overseas Bank Visa cardholders - so someone coming from overseas to the US?? I'd be curious if anyone has used this successfully, or is everyone just making the ressies but haven't actually retrieved their vehicle yet.

I'd be curious too. I have booked it for a late March-April trip and it lowered my price by 50% over anything on National, Alamo or Avis that I've seen. I'm probably going to book something else as well, just as a backup.

$256.71 is my new rate for the Minivan at National now that I added a coupon from the Entertainment book for a free day to go with the "magic" code 8572987.

If we have a confirmed reservation and check in at the kiosk, what could go wrong? :confused:

Hi all:

I've been shopping around for a June rental — plugging in code after code — and found what I think is a pretty good rate from Alamo. It's the Walmart ID (from Mousesavers) 428448 and an e-couponn from Alamo's site AD1336ADK. It got me a mid-size SUV for 6/19-25 for $177 total. And I don't think the e-coupon has to be printed or anything b/c the site doesn't say so.

Just called National, and she said the VISA contract ID rate, 8572987, is valid. Happy to hear that as we are set use it later this month.

After much thought, I booked with a mini van with National. I used the mystery code 8572987. Cost $515.61 I'll check in at a Kiosk, head out to the van and hopefully all will go well.

MDM

Hi all:

I've been shopping around for a June rental — plugging in code after code — and found what I think is a pretty good rate from Alamo. It's the Walmart ID (from Mousesavers) 428448 and an e-couponn from Alamo's site AD1336ADK. It got me a mid-size SUV for 6/19-25 for $177 total. And I don't think the e-coupon has to be printed or anything b/c the site doesn't say so.

Yes, thats a great code as well! This actually gave me about the same price as the National "international" code, and gives you a free add'l driver, so I think I'll go with Alamo.

Quick question, we are flying out in the morning so would need the minivan around 11 am Sat and leaving the following Sat night, would get to the dropoff around 6 pm. Do I need to include times in the confirmation or can I just leave the default at noon? It charges me a ton extra if I change them so that's why I'm asking.

Quick question, we are flying out in the morning so would need the minivan around 11 am Sat and leaving the following Sat night, would get to the dropoff around 6 pm. Do I need to include times in the confirmation or can I just leave the default at noon? It charges me a ton extra if I change them so that's why I'm asking.

You definitely need to change them. The rate changes because you're actually looking at an eight day rental rather than a seven day (or one week) rental. If you take the car around 11 a.m., it would be due back at 11 a.m. the following week to get the weekly rate. Car rental companies will sometimes give a one hour grace period, but I'm sure you'd have trouble being seven hours late.

Yes, the 8572987 seems to be quite the magic code. I'm booking my reservations tonight.. *crosses fingers* Hope this works for us all.:wizard:

Yes, thats a great code as well! This actually gave me about the same price as the National "international" code, and gives you a free add'l driver, so I think I'll go with Alamo.

The Alamo code was about 250% of the National rate for me for mid-March! Just a big game to see which code works for you the best at your particular travel dates... have to check EVERYTHING and then recheck and recheck and recheck...

Wondering if anyone has had luck with Alamo codes for March? Im glad to see that the codes for National are helping quite a few here. :cool1:

does anyone know - if I reserve through Nat'l do they charge your card now, or do you pay when you pick up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter