Any luck with National ID's and Coupons codes

The Alamo code was about 250% of the National rate for me for mid-March! Just a big game to see which code works for you the best at your particular travel dates... have to check EVERYTHING and then recheck and recheck and recheck...

Exactly...between this game and the airfare game...it's exhausting...
BTW Alamo was still more for me PHX March - 5 days.

OK, so I just used the visa code and the $35code for March 4-12 and came up with 198 for compact.

It also said it may require a coupon. what does that mean?

Also, it says the level of service is Emerald Reserve? What happened to emerald aisle?

And didn't spouse's used to be free? It said additional drivers may be extra and said nothing about spouses.

Any insight? :confused3

OK, so I just used the visa code and the $35code for March 4-12 and came up with 198 for compact.

Also, it says the level of service is Emerald Reserve? What happened to emerald aisle?

And didn't spouse's used to be free? It said additional drivers may be extra and said nothing about spouses.

the $35 is an e-coupon, so nothing to print :) .
fyi, if you sign up for national's emerald club (free thru mousesavers link), there is no additional charge for "same household family members" driving
hth :)

I just booked EA 2/19-2/26 (MCO) using these 2 codes. The final rate was $172. The rates I was getting were in the $400 to $500 range, since it's President's week.

Not sure what we'll do yet. The plan was to use DME and have gardengrocer deliver soda, water, milk, breakfast foods. If we book the car I can save some $$ stopping at the store myself, no delivery charge, no tip, and better pricing on the items. hmmmmmmmm.... We might just eat off-site a few evenings also....Oh the decisions:confused3

I do like having a car, just for the convenience of driving for something if we need it.....but there was no way I was going to pay $400+.....Actually, I don't think I've ever paid $170+ either....

Just a little off the thread because I'm trying for a Tampa rate, but I get such good responses from these threads, thought I'd run this by...

I'm trying for a car in Tampa, Mar. 16 - 19 for my husband and the rate is outrageous! On top of that, no coupons work for that timeframe (he's not staying a week and no Sat. night stay included.)

It's frustrating because I snagged a great flight for him ($37 RT) to go watch a Tigers spring training game and now, looks like the savings will get eaten up by a rental car! Does anyone know of any good coupons that don't require a week or Sat. night stay?

Thanks,

Deb

You have to book an intermediate car to be eligible for EMERALD AISLE.
Compact reservations qualify for emerald reserve only....
Spouse and/or business partner is free if your emerald club number is on the reservtion.

Just tried the Visa code for my long weekend at end of April - about $20 MORE than the AARP code that seems to be the lowest to date. Alamo and Budget are both more than the National rate I found. :confused:

Spouse and/or business partner is free if your emerald club number is on the reservtion.

fyi, i rarely put in the EA or QS number for national or alamo when booking online. yet both have given us the 2nd driver free at the desk (they said it comes up automatically with the driver's license number).
hth :)

does anyone know - if I reserve through Nat'l do they charge your card now, or do you pay when you pick up?

Actually, your credit card does not get charged until you return your rental. They have to make sure the gas tank is full (unless you prepaid), they check for obvious damage and that you return on the day and close to the time that your original reservation states. So they do not charge you when you pick up the car.

You have to book an intermediate car to be eligible for EMERALD AISLE.
Compact reservations qualify for emerald reserve only....

I"m confused. I have a minivan booked and it is labeled Emerald Reserve. The booklet I just got in the mail with my Emerald Club card says this:

"Emerald Reserve Service: When size matters, bypass the counter with the car of your choice. If you need to confirm a car other than a midsize, Emerald Reserve Service is available at more than 50 aiport locations across the US and Canada. When you arrive at the lot, bypass the counter and choose from the row of cars in the class you reserved." MCO is one of the 50 locations. I think this means we don't even need to visit the kiosk, that we take our reservation and go pick a car, just giving the person at the gate our credit card, reservation info and any coupons. Or am I not reading this correctly?

I"m confused. I have a minivan booked and it is labeled Emerald Reserve. The booklet I just got in the mail with my Emerald Club card says this:

"Emerald Reserve Service: When size matters, bypass the counter with the car of your choice. If you need to confirm a car other than a midsize, Emerald Reserve Service is available at more than 50 aiport locations across the US and Canada. When you arrive at the lot, bypass the counter and choose from the row of cars in the class you reserved." MCO is one of the 50 locations. I think this means we don't even need to visit the kiosk, that we take our reservation and go pick a car, just giving the person at the gate our credit card, reservation info and any coupons. Or am I not reading this correctly?

You are correct, the OP booked a compact car, so his reservation is emerald reserve compact, you booked a minivan, so your reservation is emerald reserve mini-van..... you go to the mini-van aisle and the OP goes to the compact car aisle, bypassing the counter....
To use Emerald Aisle you have to book an intermediate car.

You are correct, the OP booked a compact car, so his reservation is emerald reserve compact, you booked a minivan, so your reservation is emerald reserve mini-van..... you go to the mini-van aisle and the OP goes to the compact car aisle, bypassing the counter....
To use Emerald Aisle you have to book an intermediate car.

So when would you ever need to go to the kiosk and not directly to the aisle with the car size that you reserved? And according to the writing, there is no such thing as Emerald reserve compact. It says Emerald reserve is for when you need larger than a mid-size car. ???? Well, maybe it just says a size OTHER than midsize, so that includes compact, too?

Holy cow. I just used the "mystery" code. 8572987 and saved over $200 on my rental over Easter. I did try the coupon code and it rejected it saying it was "over capacity".

Holy cow. I just used the "mystery" code. 8572987 and saved over $200 on my rental over Easter. I did try the coupon code and it rejected it saying it was "over capacity".

When I google searched the code 8572987 this description kept coming up: National Car Rental is delighted to offer Visa cardholders a 20% discount off its International consumer rates, available in more than 80 countries around the world. Etc. Etc.

I have used the code and called customer service twice to make sure the code is valid. We are using a Visa card on the reservation. If you have used the code and don't have a Visa you might want to call and see if that will be okay.

I did not use the $35.00 off because I did not have a coupon. I did use code NF1982JDD for $30.00 off. This is an e-coupon that is located on the National web site. I printed it out just in case.

When I google searched the code 8572987 this description kept coming up: National Car Rental is delighted to offer Visa cardholders a 20% discount off its International consumer rates, available in more than 80 countries around the world. Etc. Etc.

I have used the code and called customer service twice to make sure the code is valid. We are using a Visa card on the reservation. If you have used the code and don't have a Visa you might want to call and see if that will be okay.

I did not use the $35.00 off because I did not have a coupon. I did use code NF1982JDD for $30.00 off. This is an e-coupon that is located on the National web site. I printed it out just in case.

:worship: Got another $30 bucks off!!!

I booked a compact and it came back sayign emerald reserve. I
called National and asked if I needed to go to the counter. He said no, just go right out just like Emeral Aisle. There is just a different section for the compact cars.

Does this sound right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter