Any MCO-Hyatt experts?

Charlies_Mommy

Earning My Ears
Hello!
We just changed out flight to get into Orlando a bit earlier than originally planned. We are staying at the MCO Hyatt and was wondering if there was much to do there. Is there a nice pool? And any good palces to eat? My hubby does not want to hassle with leaving the airport to find dinner. And I don't recall seeing much there to eat or do!

Thank you!

They have a nice lobby bar where we went for drinks, met some fellow Disney cruisers there as well! They have 2 restaurants as well have not eaten there but did get some snacks at the lobby bar.

Last edited:
I can totally handle the pool. And the bar would be nice, but the toddler is along! Thanks for the picture. That will make us all happy!

When we have stayed at that Hyatt we actually have eaten in the airport. :) There is a Starbucks close to the Hyatt entrance where we have breakfast and a food court kinda close as well. We typically land 6pm-ish so we aren't interested in a big meal, then want to get to the DCL bus area the next morning so a quick breakfast is best for us.

There are two restaurants in the hotel. One of them, McCoys I think, has pretty good food. The room service menu was pretty decent too (great Cuban sandwich’s). There is a pretty good sized food court in the airport plus a couple of other restaurants.

We love the Hyatt MCO!

The pool is very nice. CNN just ran an interesting article about the best airport pools, and it’s #1 in the world on that front.

McCoys at the Hyatt has good food, and the crawfish bisque is delicious. The sushi is good, too. We always do room service breakfast, which is a lot of fun.

It’s fun to walk around the airport mall and check out the stores for all of the Orlando attractions - Disney, Universal, Space Center and Sea World.

Of course, the baggage pick up from your room the morning of the cruise is a luxury provided you take Disney’s transportation.

Have fun!

I really enjoyed our dinner at McCoy's.
The pool is nice. You won't mistake it for a resort pool, but we enjoyed our swim time.

As to how long it will amuse you... How early are you getting in?

Hello!
We just changed out flight to get into Orlando a bit earlier than originally planned. We are staying at the MCO Hyatt and was wondering if there was much to do there. Is there a nice pool? And any good palces to eat? My hubby does not want to hassle with leaving the airport to find dinner. And I don't recall seeing much there to eat or do!

Thank you!
Their room service food is good.

I echo the comments that McCoys is good, including the sushi. There is also Hemisphere, a steak and seafood restaurant that serves breakfast as well. The breakfast buffet gets good reviews, although I want a light breakfast before starting a cruise, since I’ll have plenty of breakfast options on the ship.

The food court in the main terminal at MCO is typically fast food oriented, although there is Macaroni Grill. There is a Cask and Larder airside in the Southwest section of the terminal, but that would mean delaying luggage pickup and hotel check in to eat right after arrival if flying SW.

Aside from the hotel, don't be afraid to explore the airport, there's a large food court for specialty foods as well as a bunch of full service restaurants sprinkled though out the complex. if as you said you're arriving early, I'd suggest checking in, (be sure you sign up for the Luggage transfer service from the hotel to the port) and then go exploring, it's a very nicely appointed airport and they've recently upgraded many of the common areas with some really nice seating areas to relax and people watch. There are also charging stations all through out as well.

We've only ever eaten breakfast in the actual hotel as we normally stay there pre cruise. For other meals we eat somewhere else in the airport, tons of decent options, though i tend to go for chipotle or chick fil a, some scattered around, some in the food court. Also, your toddler may like looking in the Disney and Universal stores there!

We love that Hotel. Very Friendly staff, never have had an issue in the 6 times we've stayed with them. The pool in my opinion is pretty nice. So many places to eat outside the hotel and not to mention if you have that last minute Disney obsession, place to Shop for Disney Merchandise.

McCoy's is good and family friendly. Fun to watch the planes come and go. Keep in mind the airport shops close around 9pm or so, just in case you are craving a rice krispies treat. We had to dash to get one for dessert before they closed the gate. Hudson News and such is open a bit later if not 24 hours, not sure.

I'm staying there in the Spring, but our flight gets in at 2 a.m. Is it easy to get to the Disney's Magical Express the next morning? Do we need to go through airport security?

Last edited:
I'm staying there in the Spring, but our flight gets in at 2 a.m. It is easy to get to the Disney's Magical Express the next morning? Do we need to go through airport security?

Yep easy, just go down to car rentals on the "B" side, the signs will say "ground transportation and baggage claim, level 1". And its on the end, to the left when facing the car rental booths.

Yep easy, just go down to car rentals on the "B" side, the signs will say "ground transportation and baggage claim, level 1". And its on the end, to the left when facing the car rental booths.
Thank you!! :-)

You all have me excited now! Thanks for all the great advice! I was pushing to head to the park for a character meal. Hubby wants this trip to be more 'calm'. HA!

We stayed at the Hyatt one night after our last cruise so we wouldn't be rushed for flights to Korea. As the others have said, there are lots of options without leaving the airport. We also spent a n hour or two walking the airport taking family pictures using all the theme park advertisements as props/backdrops. They are some of my favorite pictures from our Disney Surf-n-Turf vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter