Any MCO-Hyatt experts?

We love the MCO Hyatt. The room service is pretty decent as is the restaurant in the hotel. We love that there are so many restaurants nearby in the airport too if we don't want to hit what's available in the Hyatt. There is also a Disney store as well as Universal Studio store just outside the hotel exit if you want to do some pre-trip shopping.

Aside from the hotel, don't be afraid to explore the airport, there's a large food court for specialty foods as well as a bunch of full service restaurants sprinkled though out the complex. if as you said you're arriving early, I'd suggest checking in, (be sure you sign up for the Luggage transfer service from the hotel to the port) and then go exploring, it's a very nicely appointed airport and they've recently upgraded many of the common areas with some really nice seating areas to relax and people watch. There are also charging stations all through out as well.

This thread is awesome! Thanks guys! So much great information!
Can I ask, where exactly you arrange the luggage transfer from the Hyatt to the DCL port (with the Disney desk? or with the Hyatt receptionist? Or?), and what logistics to expect the morning of embarkation (suitcases picked up from room? from outside room? what time? when can we walk to DCL bus?)? We have the DCL transfer booked and are also staying at the Hyatt the night before. TIA!!

Can I ask, where exactly you arrange the luggage transfer from the Hyatt to the DCL port (with the Disney desk? or with the Hyatt receptionist? Or?), and what logistics to expect the morning of embarkation (suitcases picked up from room? from outside room? what time? when can we walk to DCL bus?)? We have the DCL transfer booked and are also staying at the Hyatt the night before. TIA!!

When you check in at the Hyatt you tell them that you have Disney cruise transfers. They will give you an instruction sheet with time to have your suitcases ready, where to go, etc.
It felt like everyone at the hotel was going on a cruise. They have it down.

When you check in at the Hyatt you tell them that you have Disney cruise transfers. They will give you an instruction sheet with time to have your suitcases ready, where to go, etc.
It felt like everyone at the hotel was going on a cruise. They have it down.

When did your travel party have suitcases ready, and at what time did you take the Coach to the port? I'm looking for examples of times, to be able to plan our morning better! Thanks!

When did your travel party have suitcases ready, and at what time did you take the Coach to the port? I'm looking for examples of times, to be able to plan our morning better! Thanks!

I think they wanted suitcases ready around 8 am. We didn't leave for breakfast until closer to 9:00, and they were still there. They had been picked up when we came back from breakfast.

As for what time to take the bus... You can go whenever you want. Your boarding time (and PAT) are when you board the ship, but you can get on the bus whenever you want. That is completely under your control.

Yes they'll have you prepare the bags and have you leave them inside the door to your room with the DCL luggage tags attached already. You won't need to be in the room for them to pick them up, you can go to Breakfast or wander around the airport until you Coach to the port (be SURE to sign up for the DCL coach transfer from the airport to the port with DCL in advance, you can't sign up for the coach at the hotel. When you check in just confirm with the front desk you have a DCL coach to port transfer arranged and that you need to have you luggage picked up for transfer to the port. They will give you a form to fill out and arrange for the transfer. Once you do that you can just enjoy your evening in the hotel or around the airport. Have a great Magical cruise!

Travelling with DH in an ECV. Check out time is 11:00 am, so we will try to get downstairs by the bus by 10:30AM, we are not in a hurry.
Busses run continuously starting between 9:15 or 9:30..

Everything about this hotel is nice. Also keep in mind you are right in ththe terminal and have access to all of shopping and dining pre security. Earport is right outside. Also Universal store. And a food court.

We thought that McCoy's was good. Amazing burger. Breakfast was at the restaurant upstairs and was quite good too.

We didn't go into the pool (too late, too tired) but we did spend some time up around the pool where you can watch the planes coming in. Great views of the airport.

I thought it might be noisy being in the airport but it wasn't. We had an interior room which has a window out into the main part of the airport. That was kind of interesting just people watching from the room for a while.

Hello!
We just changed out flight to get into Orlando a bit earlier than originally planned. We are staying at the MCO Hyatt and was wondering if there was much to do there. Is there a nice pool? And any good palces to eat? My hubby does not want to hassle with leaving the airport to find dinner. And I don't recall seeing much there to eat or do!

Thank you!
It's fun to walk around the airport.

Does anybody know how late the restaurants and stores stay open in the airport? We are staying at the MCO Hyatt on our upcoming trip, but we get in kind of late. We will probably be hungry though.

I know McCoy the casual restaurant in the Hotel has a late night menu, we ate there
after our flight and will do so this Friday. I think our flight lands at 8PM.

Does anybody know how late the restaurants and stores stay open in the airport? We are staying at the MCO Hyatt on our upcoming trip, but we get in kind of late. We will probably be hungry though.

Not sure how late McCoy's is open, although I think it was fairly late. We landed about 7:30, checked in, got settled, showered and changed before going down for dinner. We were probably seated about 8:45-9:00 and there were several people just being seated.

I believe McCoy's is open late, but the shops start to close around 9 as well as some of the food court- all between 8-10pm. A few other places open to last flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter