Any New News On River Country?

What is troll?:confused3

A troll is known to be someone who likes to stir up trouble/controversy.
This is usually due to some form of inadequacy as a human being.
Sometimes known as a troll/bottom feeder/catfish.

A example is listed below.

I heard they were turning it into a drive thru RV wash and wash detailing station complete with state of the art pressure washers.

(thanks to mnsprk for the word catfish)

Holy crap! :eek: Really?:confused3

Anyone check the buildings for TCD while they were in there?..:rolleyes1

No, TCD was not there. Apparently when TCD went in there, he saw all the damage done by them. They were going in there during the very cold snaps we have been having all winter. They would leave when it warmed up.

I heard they were turning it into a drive thru RV wash and wash detailing station complete with state of the art pressure washers.

:rotfl:

There is a link to the photo essay by TCD from Wikipedia if you search for Fort Wilderness River Country. The photos were beyond words. It shocks me that Disney is just letting it rot. I would have expected Disney to do a thorough clearing of the area after closing the water park. Maybe I'm naive and hold Disney in too high of esteem.

I am mostly a lurker, and sometimes poster.... :rotfl2:

But I miss TCD... I hope he and his family are ok.

you just booked?!! I've been on all night manipulating dates trying to get in for at least 3/26-3/29 and I haven't been able to find anything but cabins... if you had luck i'll keep looking, :) Or find someone that'll let us crash our tent on their site! :)

i haven't been on here since all the talk about the pool construction last spring, and I know TCD helped us out a lot during that time. I hope all is well with them. I will have to read up on some posts, to see what is going on in here! :)

I have found that it is best to call to make the reservations. They can try a lot of different dates to get something to work. I have had to make reservations for a month and then call back and cancel what I didn't want.

Just a thought. Hope this helps.

:rotfl:

There is a link to the photo essay by TCD from Wikipedia if you search for Fort Wilderness River Country. The photos were beyond words. It shocks me that Disney is just letting it rot. I would have expected Disney to do a thorough clearing of the area after closing the water park. Maybe I'm naive and hold Disney in too high of esteem.

Have you seen the pictures of the unfinished Pop resort? In a way, it looks worse than RC.

A troll is known to be someone who likes to stir up trouble/controversy.
This is usually due to some form of inadequacy as a human being.
Sometimes known as a troll/bottom feeder/catfish.

A example is listed below.

(thanks to mnsprk for the word catfish)

Frank, does this mean you don't want to go fishing with me and Big Daddy Rog when we all meet at Gulf State Park? I wouldn't think you'd want to fish with someone you think is a "Troll" You should really try to remember your past posts and who you choose to call out on the boards.

you just booked?!! I've been on all night manipulating dates trying to get in for at least 3/26-3/29 and I haven't been able to find anything but cabins... if you had luck i'll keep looking, :) Or find someone that'll let us crash our tent on their site! :)

i haven't been on here since all the talk about the pool construction last spring, and I know TCD helped us out a lot during that time. I hope all is well with them. I will have to read up on some posts, to see what is going on in here! :)

I looked at that week also, but its so close to Easter we couldn't find anything either. I think the dates I found are just before Easter/Spring Break. I booked through the website in the Florida Resident section. Keep trying! GOOD LUCK! :)

Okay the lack of news on RC is driving me crazy. How can I live 750 miles away and 9 months from my next visit and survive without any news? Help me please! Anybody Help!:worship:

Thanks guys for the pictures and videos. I can't believe Disney invested that much money to build those buildings and then just put a halt to the construction. Very odd. :confused3

It just goes to show you Disney can’t fill their value resorts. If they needed more value rooms they would not have abandoned this section in the early- mid 2000’s

I'm sitting on a bench right now where the old RC tower used to sit and it appears the front half of the work is done. All they did was tear down the old Pop's Place quick service and left the restrooms. The pool is still there and the new fencing is up right to the edge of the pool. The pool slides are still there, but they may have taken a scrub brush to them. The rockwork doesn't look completely nasty. I'll have pictures later tonight.

I'm sitting on a bench right now where the old RC tower used to sit and it appears the front half of the work is done. All they did was tear down the old Pop's Place quick service and left the restrooms. The pool is still there and the new fencing is up right to the edge of the pool. The pool slides are still there, but they may have taken a scrub brush to them. The rockwork doesn't look completely nasty. I'll have pictures later tonight.

Awesome!!

Thank You for the update Carol. I was told they are keeping the rest rooms for Mickey’s backyard Bar-B-cue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter