Any tips for lining up at turnstiles?

momtotwolittleones

Mouseketeer
I know there used to be some tips like, line number 13 says closed but will open at the last minute, so it was safe to line up there, or something like that. It's been a little while - I'm wondering if there are any current tips you have to maximize our entry into the park.

Do all the turnstiles that say closed eventually turn to open?

We aren't into being aggressive or running - we like to enjoy the moment of entering the parks, and I alway let people pass rather than jostling for a spot - but the kids really do like the tradition of starting our day at PP, and it bums me out to get to the parks an hour before opening and still be waiting for 30-40 minutes to get on PP, so any tips would be appreciated!

Don't get in a line that has a lot of strollers. Pick a line with more individual people in it over a line with strollers, even though the strollers line may look a lot shorter.

Don't get in a line if you hear people talking about it being their first day - they'll have to get their pictures taken and it'll slow you down (obviously, you won't always know this).

My husband has a good rule, but he's sworn me to secrecy, at least until after next week's trip. It has to do with lines that don't look like lines.

....so here is the inside secret about waiting for Peter Pan.....everyone waits 40 mins....or more. I arrive at the gate 45 mins before opening, thinking that today could be the day that gates open on the hour assigned, but alas, they open early onto a rope drop, so I have already put in 45mins, plus the 15 mins after rope drop.....I have waited an hour, every visit, I wait that hour, as have all the folks during those opening minutes.....so anything under an hour is a good wait time.....though , yes, I didn't spend it with strange kids kicking me as they swirl on the chains, I didn't scrunch up to the folks in front and when touching the hemp, I had a broader range of vista...but in consideration of those environmental elements....it was a good hour wait.

....so here is the inside secret about waiting for Peter Pan.....everyone waits 40 mins....or more. I arrive at the gate 45 mins before opening, thinking that today could be the day that gates open on the hour assigned, but alas, they open early onto a rope drop, so I have already put in 45mins, plus the 15 mins after rope drop.....I have waited an hour, every visit, I wait that hour, as have all the folks during those opening minutes.....so anything under an hour is a good wait time.....though , yes, I didn't spend it with strange kids kicking me as they swirl on the chains, I didn't scrunch up to the folks in front and when touching the hemp, I had a broader range of vista...but in consideration of those environmental elements....it was a good hour wait.
That's a really excellent point. Plus you got an extra hour's sleep. :)

- If you do not have access to the EMH but going to the park that is offering it. You should line up in the normal line closest to the EMH entrance. As soon as you see them about to switch the sign from EMH entrance to regular entrance, jump in that line.

- Try to choose a line where there is a younger person working the turnstile. The older CM will be a bit slower and talkative. It is really noticeable if they have to take a photo of the guest.

Last edited:

I don't know the turnstile numbers, but look for the ones in front of the trees. Often one line forms, but they open two turnstiles, so it moves twice as fast.

Well, actually that is why it's a secret. Everybody thinks the one line feeds into 2 booths. However, they are separate booths with separate lines. The gate numbers are 19 and 13 I believe. They are in front of traffic islands with trees in them so people don't realize there is a gate there. Feel free to line up at them or walk right past the line to the vacant booth.

Well, actually that is why it's a secret. Everybody thinks the one line feeds into 2 booths. However, they are separate booths with separate lines. The gate numbers are 19 and 13 I believe. They are in front of traffic islands with trees in them so people don't realize there is a gate there. Feel free to line up at them or walk right past the line to the vacant booth.
Well, that's my husband's "secret" tip. I hate to have to tell him the cat's out of the bag.

I've been in lines recently when they came out and shut the gate and sent everyone to the next turnstile. There isn't a lot you can do when that happens but wait in the next line. Plus you never know when a party in front of you is going to have an issue with their tickets. I've found that they generally move quick and don't sweat it if it seems like one moved faster.

Yes. This is what we did on our visit a few weeks ago. The people lining up in the other line got a little confused too. I think they thought we were cutting in their space. Basically people begin to line up at the gates for both but as soon as it gets to the planters no one lines up on the one side. Once we lined up behind the people in front of the planters a long line filled in behind us though. It's the initial confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter