Any updates on Genie+ release date

I think I’m one of the very few now looking forward to genie+ and hopes it doesn’t release before our trip (I doubt it’ll be that long before release). It just doesnt make sense for us with someone under 40inches. I would have bought it for haunted mansion alone if it could be used for more then once. Lines from what I’ve seen havent been too terrible and I worry genie+ will mess that all up.

Yup this all makes sense, I did things like this as well, never got all the way up to 30 but maybe 15 on a good day. Taking breaks for food and shows and stuff.

I didn't see all these new rules when I first read about the Genie+. At first glance it all seemed like the same thing rebranded for DLR. Are these rules on the page and I just missed them (very likely) or are we basing on the rules for WDW?

Besides the cash grab that is LL$. That one sucked from the start.

Confirmed via press releases or Disney's websites (but Disney can change its mind):
  • You cannot get your next lightning lane until you use up your previous lightning lane (this proved to be partially untrue at WDW)
  • You cannot get a lightning lane for the same ride
  • There will be no way to get an annual price for Genie+ at launch so it will be $20 per day for everyone
Based on WDW but not yet confirmed for Disneyland:
  • You can get your next Lightning Lane after 2 hours if you did not use it up in those 2 hours. In the case of a first lightning lane that you got before park open, it'll be 2 hours after park open rather than 2 hours after getting the lightning lane
  • You can also get your next lightning lane if the end time of your previous lightning lane has passed if that was less than 2 hours after you got it
Unconfirmed:
  • I haven't seen any data points on what happens when a normal lightning lane attraction goes down. Previously, if a Fastpass attraction went down, people would typically automatically get a Multiple Experiences pass which could be used on a large number of different attractions at any time of the day.
  • Previously, if you Maxpass return time started less than 30 minutes away or your Maxpass turned into a Multiple Experiences pass, you would be able to get your next Maxpass after 30 minutes. It is unclear if there is a 30 minute rule on Lightning Lanes.
  • Previously, if your Maxpass return time started more than 90 minutes away, you would be able to get your next Maxpass after 90 minutes. It is unclear if Disneyland will allow people to get Lightning Lanes after 90 minutes like Maxpass or 2 hours like WDW Genie+. Don't forget that even if it were 90 minutes, it's still worse because Maxpass used the start time while Genie+ requires you to use the pass or takes the end time.

I know I’ve heard that you can’t make normal Genie+ selections until you’ve entered the park but have they announced anything about when you can book the individual LL passes? I’m getting there around 6 PM on 12/13 and it would be nice to be able to book Rise and WEB for that evening

I saw a lot of people going through a different line at rise just now (I assume from an earlier rise breakdown)

I asked the CM if that’s where the lightening lane is going to be when it launches he said he had no idea and that LL might not even launch this year.

Take that with all the grains of salt you feel necessary.
I’m thinking maybe that CM probably wasn’t sure what he was talking about? Because there’s a very clear skip the line entrance (genie+, where you go when ride broke down, etc) where you scan your tickets like the old fastpass lines. And Disney has officially said Genie+ would launch in the fall. They’re taking way longer than I would’ve thought but I’m sure it’ll be launched in the next month or so

I’m thinking maybe that CM probably wasn’t sure what he was talking about? Because there’s a very clear skip the line entrance (genie+, where you go when ride broke down, etc) where you scan your tickets like the old fastpass lines. And Disney has officially said Genie+ would launch in the fall. They’re taking way longer than I would’ve thought but I’m sure it’ll be launched in the next month or so

It’s taking way longer than I expected too. I’m praying it launches in the next 2 weeks. It will be miserable over the Thanksgiving holiday without it. 😢

I'm treating this like maxpass with modifications. That's the only way I can wrap my head around it. :D

I feel like Genie+ announcement for Disneyland is imminent. Seeing as how the Lightning Lane signs are going up. Probably be in place by Thanksgiving.

People are talking a lot about signs going up. Where? The only ones I saw all week last week were at Grizzly and Thunder

I know I’ve heard that you can’t make normal Genie+ selections until you’ve entered the park but have they announced anything about when you can book the individual LL passes? I’m getting there around 6 PM on 12/13 and it would be nice to be able to book Rise and WEB for that evening

I believe you can book both types before entering the park, starting at 7am (for those staying on site at Disney World, uncertain if it will be the same at Disneyland). For people staying off site you can book ILL beginning at park opening time, and Genie+ regular selections at 7am.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Our last trip of the year is Dec. 5th and would prefer it started after that date. TBH. If we get there at rope drop we get everything we want by 12:00 and leave for the day as it tends to get crowded by 11:00.

I wish Disney improved its WiFi or signal because it takes a while for my key pass to load when I’m about to use it…I can’t imagine how it will be with this app:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Our last trip of the year is Dec. 5th and would prefer it started after that date. TBH. If we get there at rope drop we get everything we want by 12:00 and leave for the day as it tends to get crowded by 11:00.

I wish Disney improved its WiFi or signal because it takes a while for my key pass to load when I’m about to use it…I can’t imagine how it will be with this app:
It’s gonna be the same app. Genie is just part of the app. Why don’t you get a physical key pass?

It’s gonna be the same app. Genie is just part of the app. Why don’t you get a physical key pass?
If the issued anything else then a card stock card I wouldn’t hesitate to pay the $20, but I’m just going to have to keep apologizing to the cast members for the wait until it loads.
Can you take a screenshot of your MK barcode and use that for faster access when needed?
I have, and was asked if I could open the bar code from the app.

If the issued anything else then a card stock card I wouldn’t hesitate to pay the $20, but I’m just going to have to keep apologizing to the cast members for the wait until it loads.

I have, and was asked if I could open the bar code from the app.

They've started issuing the first one free from what many have reported, but you do have to go to the ticket booths to get it.

Still just the paper ticket, but I would just no heat laminate it.

Just watched Fresh Baked 11/11 video about G+

:sad::sad::sad:

I am seriously bummed out. I know when I tell dh he is going to say cancel our Thanksgiving holiday -- which deep down I know he is right. Waiting 60+ minutes for rides isn't our version of a good visit. I really, really thought G+ release date would be out before now. Ugh, depressed is my word for the night.

Just watched Fresh Baked 11/11 video about G+

:sad::sad::sad:

I am seriously bummed out. I know when I tell dh he is going to say cancel our Thanksgiving holiday -- which deep down I know he is right. Waiting 60+ minutes for rides isn't our version of a good visit. I really, really thought G+ release date would be out before now. Ugh, depressed is my word for the night.
And I’m the exact opposite. I’ll be thrilled if it doesn’t start before Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter