Any updates on Genie+ release date

If you screenshot the screen in the app and pull it up before they see how you get there, how would they know the difference?

Yeah that's extra creepy -- like a CM wants to watch you start from your home screen, click on the app, and bring it up? No thanks.

I should put an inappropriate and awkward photo as my phone background. That'll put a stop to this!

We are coming in March... I really hope this is all worked out... I want to buy our tickets but for petesake I need to know what to buy... We will have 4 full days in the Parks... not sure about park hopping, then adding Genie+ and lighting lanes... that really starts to add up... so right now I am at a complete loss...

I just don't understand all of this... Genie, Genie+, lighting lanes, and on and on it goes...

I am wondering will Disneyland ever go to the magicbands that we have at WDW... or do you have those and I missed it?

We are AP holders at WDW... and since we go alot the whole Genie thing isn't a big deal for us... We will be adding onto one of are AP when they renew for the photopass option... which is something we use alot... I just wish they would have left well enough alone... bring back the Fast Pass, easy peasy to use, and everyone could use it... simple is always better...

Yeah that's extra creepy -- like a CM wants to watch you start from your home screen, click on the app, and bring it up? No thanks.

I should put an inappropriate and awkward photo as my phone background. That'll put a stop to this!
you could always show them the link in the disneyland app that shows your a subscriber (its under memberships)

I am wondering will Disneyland ever go to the magicbands that we have at WDW... or do you have those and I missed it?

This could be pure Urban Legend, but the story that I heard is that there is some law in California about technology and tracking that prevents MagicBands from being implimented at Disneyland.

This could be pure Urban Legend, but the story that I heard is that there is some law in California about technology and tracking that prevents MagicBands from being implimented at Disneyland.

It's not true and is people misinterpreting the law they think covers it. They used RFID tech in badges at D23 in 2019.

I would pay $ per ticket to be able to use the old fast pass machines the way it use to be. Didn’t need my phone!!! Man, I’d pay good for that!!!

I am curious about your idea. Would you like to see a combination of the old and the new? Instead of paying for the fastpass in the app, you would pay for it at the kiosk sort of like a vending machine only instead of getting a candy bar or a drink you get a fastpass. You are still paying for the fastpass, just paying for it in a different place/method.

If I undertsand your idea correctly, I think I like this kiosk/machine idea and want to expand it. There's a way to make this hypothetical imaginary system work well for people without smartphones or international travelers without a U.S dataplan. This works with a physical card/park ticket. In my version, you can use the machines to buy Individual Lightening Lanes (I'm pretty sure that's the name of the pay per ride attractions). You can also use them to make reservations for Lightening Lanes (which I think is the new name for the rides that are included with Genie+). Scan your ticket, select the ride, and pick an available time slot.

I realize this is just fans having fun and thinking about how they would run things if they had the power and were in control of decisions. I know this is not reality and not what is going to happen.

I am curious about your idea. Would you like to see a combination of the old and the new? Instead of paying for the fastpass in the app, you would pay for it at the kiosk sort of like a vending machine only instead of getting a candy bar or a drink you get a fastpass. You are still paying for the fastpass, just paying for it in a different place/method.

If I undertsand your idea correctly, I think I like this kiosk/machine idea and want to expand it. There's a way to make this hypothetical imaginary system work well for people without smartphones or international travelers without a U.S dataplan. This works with a physical card/park ticket. In my version, you can use the machines to buy Individual Lightening Lanes (I'm pretty sure that's the name of the pay per ride attractions). You can also use them to make reservations for Lightening Lanes (which I think is the new name for the rides that are included with Genie+). Scan your ticket, select the ride, and pick an available time slot.

I realize this is just fans having fun and thinking about how they would run things if they had the power and were in control of decisions. I know this is not reality and not what is going to happen.
Not exactly. Just put back in the fast pass machines like they use to have. Pay an additional fee for your ticket to be able to use fast passes. Id pay to go back to the old free way. I will not pay for this new stuff.

I keep thinking that one of the reasons they are taking their sweet time bringing it over to DLR, is because it will definitely require some modifications from the version seen at WDW. Mostly the things that make no practical sense at Disneyland, like only being able to ride once, and how to account for all the rides that have an equivalent at Disney World that DO have a Lightning Lane, among others. So they are trying to be careful, and figure out how to word it to minimize the uproar.

I keep thinking that one of the reasons they are taking their sweet time bringing it over to DLR, is because it will definitely require some modifications from the version seen at WDW. Mostly the things that make no practical sense at Disneyland, like only being able to ride once, and how to account for all the rides that have an equivalent at Disney World that DO have a Lightning Lane, among others. So they are trying to be careful, and figure out how to word it to minimize the uproar.
the problem with your thinking is that they had a near perfect setup before, called Maxpass at Disneyland, that already took care of all the issues you mentioned. If anything, it should have rolled out at Disneyland first, since WDW never had Maxpass.
Seriously, since they really wanted to have the individual lightning lanes, they could have taken Maxpass, took those 3 rides out (ROTR, Webslingers, and RSR), and just renamed Maxpass to Genie+ for the rest, and called it a day.

There is something else going on that is keeping them from starting up Genie+.

the problem with your thinking is that they had a near perfect setup before, called Maxpass at Disneyland, that already took care of all the issues you mentioned. If anything, it should have rolled out at Disneyland first, since WDW never had Maxpass.
Seriously, since they really wanted to have the individual lightning lanes, they could have taken Maxpass, took those 3 rides out (ROTR, Webslingers, and RSR), and just renamed Maxpass to Genie+ for the rest, and called it a day.

There is something else going on that is keeping them from starting up Genie+.
I would have absolutely loved if they had just rebranded Maxpass as Genie +, but yeah, perhaps there is something else going on, I can't just figure out what.
Maybe they want the uproar regarding the Magic Keys to die down a little?

Well whatever the delay is, it is causing me to cancel our DLR trip for before Christmas and keep the WDW trip for the same dates. We live in Texas so equal distance to either. I booked hotels at both, hoping G+ would start at DLR. However, after being at DLR in July and then again over Columbus Day weekend in October, I vowed not to return to DLR until G+ started. And now we need to make a decision so that park reservations don’t completely fill up, so we are going to WDW. Ugh.

Well whatever the delay is, it is causing me to cancel our DLR trip for before Christmas and keep the WDW trip for the same dates. We live in Texas so equal distance to either. I booked hotels at both, hoping G+ would start at DLR. However, after being at DLR in July and then again over Columbus Day weekend in October, I vowed not to return to DLR until G+ started. And now we need to make a decision so that park reservations don’t completely fill up, so we are going to WDW. Ugh.

Your choice makes sense, we are debating on a short trip over Christmas. After the lines last weekend we won’t go without Genie+ starting.

Have to wonder what the hold up is, certainly costing Disney a lot of potential $$$.

Just wanted to confirm that screenshot of your pass works, but it was easier for me to pull it up on my app than to find it in my screenshots :D. Is there any way to add a screenshot to your home screen?

Just wanted to confirm that screenshot of your pass works, but it was easier for me to pull it up on my app than to find it in my screenshots :D. Is there any way to add a screenshot to your home screen?

Idk what kind of phone you use by my phone's photo app (Samsung/Android) lets me make photo album folders. I always make a trip folder for any trips I go on where I keep all my confirmation screenshots, passes, etc. I'm sure iPhone has a similar feature in their photo app.

Idk what kind of phone you use by my phone's photo app (Samsung/Android) lets me make photo album folders. I always make a trip folder for any trips I go on where I keep all my confirmation screenshots, passes, etc. I'm sure iPhone has a similar feature in their photo app.

Yeah, I put needed screenshots in my favorites folder, so that feature is definitely available on the iPhone.

Yeah, I put needed screenshots in my favorites folder, so that feature is definitely available on the iPhone.
I have a Samsung s21. I do have the screenshot in a folder, but opening the gallery, opening the folder, and opening the screenshot doesn't seem any easier to me than getting it on the app.

I have a reservation at DLH in Jan, but I keep balking at buying my theme park tickets. I really want Genie+ and it's assorted side functions to be active when I go and I have to keep talking myself out of canceling.

I have a reservation at DLH in Jan, but I keep balking at buying my theme park tickets. I really want Genie+ and it's assorted side functions to be active when I go and I have to keep talking myself out of canceling.
Well you have the hotel reservations bucket so you should be fine with waiting on the tickets.
As for genie plus, everyone has different tolerances for wait times but we really haven’t found waits to be unwieldy. Most of the times posted are incredibly inflated. We haven’t waited more than 40 minutes for anything other than Radiator Springs and even that was under an hour*

*we haven’t been since rise went to standby, I assume that is probably 60-90 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter