Any USA entry updates?

I think the new president in the short term will want to get to grips with covid in USA, I can't see any relaxation of current restrictions and maybe even tightening in the short term until numbers fall and more get the vaccine.

I can't see any relaxation of current restrictions and maybe even tightening in the short term until numbers fall and more get the vaccine.
Given that the UK itself is basically now shut to entry due to new variants I think the US is unlikely to open to tourists any time soon. Maybe 100 days after Biden takes the reins. (So end of April I think.)

I would say Forget 2021

Do you really want to Take the Risk before then ?
I personally think it's each to their own of they feel confident enough flying out there and preparing for more than likely needing to produce a negative test before flights there and back. I think by saying "take the risk", this is going to be around for a long time if not yearly like flu so as long as people do their part to protect themselves and others around them, we can then surely begin to get back to a normality as such.

I saw today that Biden plans to revoke Trump's travel bans and thought "Wow, that's going to make a lot of DISsers happy".
But reading further it said these were mainly Muslim countries, so it's presumably the earlier 'political' ban he introduced. We may have to wait a bit longer for the health one.

I saw today that Biden plans to revoke Trump's travel bans and thought "Wow, that's going to make a lot of DISsers happy".
But reading further it said these were mainly Muslim countries, so it's presumably the earlier 'political' ban he introduced. We may have to wait a bit longer for the health one.
I saw that too and thought oh bummer! I think he's going to give it a couple of months at least to get the vaccines out to Americans and then look into the border situation for travel (just my option, nothing factual). Especially to try and get flights back up and running to and from America for the summer holidays like most European countries did during 2020.

As much as I worry about the flight ban continuing, i find it comforting to remind myself that money always wins out in the end. I can't imagine the US or anywhere really deciding to throw away a whole tourist season.

I think it will depend on how quick they can roll out the vaccine, so far its been slow in USA and Biden has made it his priority to get it done quicker. It could mean that we too will need to have the jab to travel, though again I'm guessing. It was reported in the Times today that everyone in UK could receive the Jab by July, but that's subject to no delays etc.

I think it will depend on how quick they can roll out the vaccine, so far its been slow in USA and Biden has made it his priority to get it done quicker. It could mean that we too will need to have the jab to travel, though again I'm guessing. It was reported in the Times today that everyone in UK could receive the Jab by July, but that's subject to no delays etc.
That's true. Hopefully there's more clarity soon on what will be needed in order to travel.

The situation in Australia with the chartered planes for the Open, where some passengers tested negative before departure, then tested positive on arrival, meaning the rest have to quarantine for 14 days, shows weaknesses in the system. Can you imagine receiving the message you have to quarantine for 14 days of your Disney trip? That's the whole holiday for most Brits. It's the threat of quarantine on arrival, during, or on return, that stops me from making any plans to go anywhere abroad when lockdown ends.

Australia is suggesting they will have travel restrictions till the end of the year, despite vaccine roll-out. (And what a mess they've made over tennis and exiled nationals.)

The vaccine roll out is speeding up, I was lucky enough to get my first shot as a group 4 patient on Saturday. Fingers crossed the pace is increased throughout 2021
I'm an NHS nurse so I had mine last week and also got signed off as a peer to peer vaccinator. The logistics of vaccinating just our NHS trust cannot be underestimated. The manpower, cost and time seems to be something the politicians don't bother to explain when making all these promises to vaccinate millions in weeks.

I'm an NHS nurse so I had mine last week and also got signed off as a peer to peer vaccinator. The logistics of vaccinating just our NHS trust cannot be underestimated. The manpower, cost and time seems to be something the politicians don't bother to explain when making all these promises to vaccinate millions in weeks.
My wife's trust is organising the roll out in this area, its a massive effort. I went to a community hub and the people there from the NHS Staff and Council Public Health guys to the Volunteers organising people were all amazing.

I rely on the NHS to keep me well, and have nothing but praise for everyone. It pains me to see how much pressure everyone is under. Not just in the physical medicine, but also the Mental Health teams too.

Meanwhile in wales, our first minister has said he does not want to rush out the vaccine and is keeping some back as they do not want to run out and have people working with nothing to do, nice to see him putting manhours over lives.

Meanwhile in wales, our first minister has said he does not want to rush out the vaccine and is keeping some back as they do not want to run out and have people working with nothing to do, nice to see him putting manhours over lives.
Just a slight faux pas. He'll continue getting his salary.

This post by Robert Peston, nearly a month ago now (22 Dec), is relevant (you don't need to watch the video, just read):
The economic case for spending whatever it takes to roll out the Covid vaccine fast

Point 10 is the nub of it if you have no patience :)

Just a slight faux pas. He'll continue getting his salary.

This post by Robert Peston, nearly a month ago now (22 Dec), is relevant (you don't need to watch the video, just read):
The economic case for spending whatever it takes to roll out the Covid vaccine fast

Point 10 is the nub of it if you have no patience :)

I do wonder what planet he is on sometimes. He is also on record a few weeks ago saying its not a sprint or a race....Try telling that to the age 70+ people of wales who are shielding and are desperate to get out and live a half normal life.

Am sure he has good intentions, but I have not hugged my parents since last March and when he makes silly statements like this it really drives me mad!

Churches are part of the support system required for some individuals which is why they have agreed to keep them open. The same argument could be had to schools which are also open and don't have the same strict rules as shops etc. The churches around me are enforcing every rule that shops are including having to wear masks. They are also requiring pre-booking to ensure that numbers are low. Whether you are religious or not this is a major religious holiday and yes people could worship at home but some people need the support of others and the church is a vital lifeline. Please can we keep this respectful for those people who are religious and not start questioning whether specific rules are fair or not between the different types of organisations. Most religious services have been cancelled but they are remaining open to allow support for people who need it. Also to add I don't attend church but I know lots of people who do and understand the argument for keeping them open in this really sad time. I know we are all struggling with this situation but I really don't think this forum is the right place to vent at these rules especially with no evidence that places of worship are doing anything wrong or anything different from small businesses.
Cases of Covid in churchgoers has seen a sharp rise.

I'm in the 8th tier, so hoping I'll get my vaccine round March. I'm still not planning on going before the end of December anyway, however, if Disneyland is still closed I may leave my next US trip until it reopens and head off to Tokyo Disney instead, I am desperate to see all the Beauty and The Beast stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter