Anybody else seated way after ADR time?

We have always been seated pretty quickly at Cafe Orleans, except for one time when a woman and her two kids walked in and sat down followed by her mother. They refused to leave even after being told it was reservations only the manager finally had to call security to remove them. The waitress told us she had never seen security called like that before.

That's interesting, I've never heard the term Priority Seating. I was sure when I did reservations it said Advanced Dinner Reservation.

Regardless of PS or ADR (I've aways heard Disneyland Resort call it PS) is depends on the people in front of you finishing and departing. Same as any other restaurant. This morning we dined at Carnation again, we again were seated just a few minutes early!

I've been at regular restaurants where we have had to wait an hour past our time, and then the manager had to ask the other party to "wrap it up". If the seating before you is lingering, your time will be delayed.

Yes- of course. But in a busy park day, it can be frustrating to wait an extended period of time for a reservation. All the online systems use that terminology which comes with certain expectations by most people. They should more forcefully use priority seating if that’s what it is.

At RBT last weekend our delay was not simply a matter of other parties lingering. The inside and outside waiting areas were completely full of people, many of whom also had a reservation and had extended waits (since I heard them complaining to the staff). I heard staff mention to one another after one lady was yelling at them (which was not appropriate either, of course) that the outside hostess was taking too many walk ups. It did not appear that those with reservations were being seated in priority over the walk ups.

While of course that was just one scenario my point is that it’s not just about other parties lingering- there are others potential factors. I don’t expect to be seated instantly (I was pleasantly surprised when we were at BB)- but crossing into 30minutes or more waiting can become frustrating.

Yes- of course. But in a busy park day, it can be frustrating to wait an extended period of time for a reservation. All the online systems use that terminology which comes with certain expectations by most people. They should more forcefully use priority seating if that’s what it is... I don’t expect to be seated instantly (I was pleasantly surprised when we were at BB)- but crossing into 30minutes or more waiting can become frustrating.

I completely agree with this. DLR should be more consistently clear about their dining reservation system (and they used to be). Not sure if there are changes being planned for the future, but the system can be more efficient than it is now, especially when there is an imbalance of walk ups vs. reserved seatings. Send in a comment to Disney about your recent experience. Disney needs to know where the system isn't working.

Someone one started the ADR stuff when it always has been Priority Seating, if youhave been going as long as I have, all of a sudden World people started using ADR??I could be very wrong.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter