Anybody else seated way after ADR time?

The real issue is people who take their time and that bogs down time for the people behind them. Making a second or third seating reservation, it isn't like the restaurant can kick people out of the table once they sit down. So, if they exceed the 75 min normal expected turn time, they are actually taking a table from the next seating. I have been at Cafe Orleans when we have been seated, and a nearby table had finished their meal. We were sat, had pomme frites and a salad, had our entree, and some chit chat, and we still left before the other table. If you are spending 2-3 hours at Cafe Orleans, that is exceeding the limits.

Now, we frequently do 3-4 hour meals, but when we do, it is at STeakhouse (and we intentionally get 2nd seating) or Club 33 (again, we get 2nd seating) and not at CO or Carnation. Those do reservations at 75 mins expected times, and I try to honor the time so others get in and out too.

As a heads up, both Cafe Orleans and Carnation rarely take walk ups recently. They are just that tightly booked. Carnation will take when they first open, for the first 15-30 mins, then they will send you down the street to Plaza Inn or Jolly Holiday.

I am hoping to try River Belle for breakfast this trip. But they aren't taking reservations (at least as of Sunday....)

I am hoping to try River Belle for breakfast this trip. But they aren't taking reservations (at least as of Sunday....)

Yeah, I noticed that too. August breakfast was showing up on the booking page, but as soon as I flip the calendar to September, breakfast disappears as an option. I'm hoping they add future dates because I would like to try it in September or November and not have to do it as a walk-up.

When I was there earlier this month, RBT wasn't taking reservation for breakfast. It was walk-up, but there weren't very many tables filled (maybe 4 or so in the outside seating area). They don't have any breakfast hours listed for September or October, so I wonder if that means they're ending the breakfast trial or if it's something that will only be available "seasonally" (e.g., Holiday time, spring break, summer, etc.) or if the hours will be posted in the next few days...

I also think, like the airlines, they intentionally overbook their restaurants to the detriment of their customers. With the 20 dollar charge they impose if you don't show up, there is no need to over book.

We have had HUGE problems with us last trip to WDW, it was infuriating and really put us off of ADRs

Yeah, I noticed that too. August breakfast was showing up on the booking page, but as soon as I flip the calendar to September, breakfast disappears as an option. I'm hoping they add future dates because I would like to try it in September or November and not have to do it as a walk-up.
This is off-topic, but I did inquire with Guest Services about River Belle Terrace breakfast because we are hoping to eat there again on our next trip. They said that RBT will continue to offer breakfast, but it depends on when DL opens for the day. On mornings when they open late (e.g., 10:00 am), RBT will not be offering breakfast. Guest Services didn't say anything about reservations.

This is off-topic, but I did inquire with Guest Services about River Belle Terrace breakfast because we are hoping to eat there again on our next trip. They said that RBT will continue to offer breakfast, but it depends on when DL opens for the day. On mornings when they open late (e.g., 10:00 am), RBT will not be offering breakfast. Guest Services didn't say anything about reservations.

Thanks for the info.

I also think, like the airlines, they intentionally overbook their restaurants to the detriment of their customers. With the 20 dollar charge they impose if you don't show up, there is no need to over book.
Actually, they don't. But they do book at 75 min increments, so when parties run over early in the day, it takes it's toll later in the day.

Just curious: if you book through Vacation Planning or whatever that service is called when you're staying onsite, does that change anything? Does it give any kind of priority over ADRs booked online?

Just curious: if you book through Vacation Planning or whatever that service is called when you're staying onsite, does that change anything? Does it give any kind of priority over ADRs booked online?
I do not believe so. All it does is get you a reservation when they may not be making reservations to the general guest. They hold back a small number of reservations for concierge, VP, and Club 33, but even those are usually gone by day of.

We have had HUGE problems with us last trip to WDW, it was infuriating and really put us off of ADRs

Our longest ADR wait thus far was at Coral Reef in EPCOT, but it was only about 20 minutes or so.

I'm not saying that folks should rush through their meal, but camping out afterward for long amounts of time is definitely rude.

Our longest ADR wait thus far was at Coral Reef in EPCOT, but it was only about 20 minutes or so.

I'm not saying that folks should rush through their meal, but camping out afterward for long amounts of time is definitely rude.

We were on the dining plan so had ADRs daily, we didnt wait under 20 minutes past our time (with one exception at CRT), one time was over an hour. I feel like Disney just overbooked their restaurants.

We did Carnation, River Belle, and Storytellers. Carnation sat us within 5 mins of our reservation, Storytellers actually sat us 5 mins early (we were a party of 8.) River Belle - GREAT monkey bread.... Had the rib skillet. Very tasty!

Well, my bad experience at RBT last weekend was balanced out by Blue Bayou this weekend. We were seated immediately for our 12:10 lunch F! Package ADR.

Maybe it shouldn't be referred to as an A(dvance) D(ining) R(eservation) anymore, if it doesn't mean that you'll be seated at a certain time...
But at DLR it isn't called ADR. At DLR, the Dine Line CMs call it Priority Seating (PS). You are given priority for the next table for your size party when you check in at the TS restaurant, sort of like a restaurant FP. ADRs are for WDW. This is what the Dine Line CMs have told me.

But at DLR it isn't called ADR. At DLR, the Dine Line CMs call it Priority Seating (PS). You are given priority for the next table for your size party when you check in at the TS restaurant, sort of like a restaurant FP. ADRs are for WDW. This is what the Dine Line CMs have told me.

Sounds like a much better acronym than mine then

Well, it certainly gets them off the hook for leading you to think you'll be seated at an exact time! With PS, if you are seated at your reserved time, great! If you get seated early, even better! And if you have to wait (what should be a "reasonable" time), well, they're doing their best to get you seated at the next table for your group size, especially if you've made any special requests, like a specific table location or a specific server.

Sorry, I’m not sure I’m buying that. Througout the app and confirmation emails they’re just referred to as reservations. Nowhere does it say it’s a priority seating. I do vaguely recall this term being used in the past but they seem to just use reservation now in all the online booking interfaces.

Sorry, I’m not sure I’m buying that. Througout the app and confirmation emails they’re just referred to as reservations. Nowhere does it say it’s a priority seating. I do vaguely recall this term being used in the past but they seem to just use reservation now in all the online booking interfaces.
Regardless of PS or ADR (I've aways heard Disneyland Resort call it PS) is depends on the people in front of you finishing and departing. Same as any other restaurant. This morning we dined at Carnation again, we again were seated just a few minutes early!

I've been at regular restaurants where we have had to wait an hour past our time, and then the manager had to ask the other party to "wrap it up". If the seating before you is lingering, your time will be delayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter