Anyone buy BCV direct recently?

By the way, this is exactly what I was told by my guide in order about buying BCV direct:

1. You can't buy BCV
2. Well, there is a waitlist that is "years long"
3. You can't get on the waitlist, anyone buying direct now would have been on the waitlist for over a year.
4. You just have to keep checking back and I will see if there are any available
5. You have been put on the waitlist
6. You don't have to call me, there is a daily email that will tell me if anything is available that day
7. .... 2 weeks later, "we have your points!"

Just keep persisting!

and lastly -- there's a higher likelihood that points will be available for purchase on the first day of your UY. This is b/c Disney can only sell direct contracts that have all of their current UY points. Remember, that there will be some contracts that they ROFRd or obtained through foreclosure that had missing points in the then current (now previous) UY, so they have to sit on them until the start of the UY. So if you are looking for DEC UY, call them on Dec. 1st.

I've been playing around on the OCC website, and pulled some info. Since August 1st 2017 DVD has only sold 28 BCV contracts, and of those 28 only 3 were 150 points or more. (150, 155, 200). The rest were a few 100's and then a bunch of smaller contracts.

28 sales in 3 months isn't much volume. For comparison in the same time frame they sold 104 Boardwalk contracts, 76 VGF, 138 AKV, and 157 Bay Lake.

edit: More fun info, since Aug 1st 2017, DVD has only gotten back 12 contracts, all of them taken via ROFR.

Total contracts that changed hand for that timeframe: 98, so even the resale market isn't doing a ton of business. Subtract the 40 going from/to DVD thats about 58 resale contracts in 3 months.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter