Anyone cruising Magic 8/30/2003 ?

Sandra Hansen

Earning My Ears
We are so excited-------Our family is taking ou first cruise. Sandra and Greg Hansen---we have 3 kids, Alana-11, Brianna-9 and Zachary-7. Please post or e-mail me with any info of anyone else going then...it would be great to hook up. I found the web site very helpful during our last disney trip in 9-2001. My e-mail is
shansen@coldwellbanker.com. Thanks

We are going--this is our 3rd Disney cruise--all 7 days--first Eastern--then Western that ended up going to Puerto Rico and St Thomas and a 2nd day in Castaway Cay due to hurricane on last 9/28 cruise. We will try again and hope to reach Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
Our 6 year old, Chloe, loves the oceaneer club; we can not get her out. She will miss the first 3 days of 1st grade, but is going to the same school, so I do not think it is a big deal; I took her out for a week last year & it was no problem at all.
We are staying in one of the veranda rooms that is a category 7 but is not a navigators veranda--used to be a category 5 but was downgraded due to the barely obstructed view. We saw it since my girlfriend was staying in this room on the last cruise. It was a great room--just a few floors down from Paolos.
We will be staying at the Radison at the Port the night before and the Dolphin the night after. Will be renting a car from Avis to get to the port from MCO airport and back to Disneyworld.
Can't wait!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

My sister and I will also be on this cruise. I am actually taking her on her first cruise - she is moving into college for her sophomore year the day we get home! I was on the Wonder this past March and had an awesome time - now I'm trying for 7 days. We are in the process of booking our excursions. I am booking all of them with Disney since it is such a risky time of year - but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! We are staying at the Hyatt the night before and flying home the day we return. What is everybody doing about dining arrangements? We are 18 and 23, but we love Disney and love kids....

We like the 2nd seating since our 6 year old daughter Chloe likes to eat with her oceaneer friends and not with us. Plus when we go off the boat when in port we can get back later if we have the 2nd seating.
On our first cruise we did the first seating and found it was too early for us.:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

BD, isn't this your cruise???

If so, don't forget to rebook next year at the same time.

Thank You everyone for replying---I get to the computer when I can, and I was so happy to see the responses.. I requested the later dinner hour. Our kids are older so I though this would be best. I have not planned any other shore activities yet. I'm not to sure what I should do---Past cruisers hav any ideas? How did you get to post the count down clock? I planned our last Disney trip and want this one to be just as perfect........HELP.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Originally posted by Mjasp
BD, isn't this your cruise???

If so, don't forget to rebook next year at the same time.

BD sails on August 16, 2003 the week before me.

Originally posted by Sandra Hansen
Thank You everyone for replying---I get to the computer when I can, and I was so happy to see the responses.. I requested the later dinner hour. Our kids are older so I though this would be best. I have not planned any other shore activities yet. I'm not to sure what I should do---Past cruisers hav any ideas? How did you get to post the count down clock? I planned our last Disney trip and want this one to be just as perfect........HELP.:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Click on this link for the countdown clock:

http://psiklops.brinkster.net/CDTimers/CDTimerGen.htm

Hi everyone!
We won't be sailing with you, but we will be coming on when you return, so save us some shrimp :D :D

Quirky Cruiser,
Can you book excursions through Disney even if we booked our cruise through Cruise 411, or is this reserved only for those who booked through DCL?
Have a great cruise, and save some sun for those of us on the next cruise after yours.:cool:

Hi everyone!
We won't be sailing with you, but we will be coming on when you return, so save us some of those scrimp.

Is this some new kind of seafood, I don't know about. Let me know since I will be on the Magic two weeks before you.

Oh, I see Incharge changed the spelling from scrimp to shrimp!!!

Originally posted by Mjasp
UH OH Andy is hanging out with BD. LOL

We love ya anyway Andy.

I thought maybe it was a cross between shrimp and scallops??? Do you think???

ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT!!! YA GOT ME:p :p Honestly... a woman can't even make a typo around here:rolleyes:
Verandah Man
I'm going to start calling you BD#2
Can you imagine what he would have said? I know it would have been funny:D He has rubbed off on you. I'm afraid, I am VERY afraid:eek:

Originally posted by Incharge
ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT!!! YA GOT ME:p :p Honestly... a woman can't even make a typo around here:rolleyes:
Verandah Man
I'm going to start calling you BD#2
Can you imagine what he would have said? I know it would have been funny:D He has rubbed off on you. I'm afraid, I am VERY afraid:eek:

Isn't it soooooooooooooo sad, that something as a little typo, can bring soooooooooooooo much joy into one's life, and yes, I guess BD is rubbing off on me as well!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

VM..
I'll tell you this... Don't LET me get on that ship and find that all of the "Shrimp" "Scrimp" or Skrimps" are all gone!! I will remember that you were there before me, and I will "HUNT YOU DOWN!" Oh yeah baby! I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! as quoted by Robert DeNiro. (I can't remember the movie where he is the father of the bride-to-be:D :D
I know you are getting more excited with each day. I still have 8 weeks yet, and I am getting more excited because I am starting to see the light at the end of this long tunnel.

Hi InCharge,
Everybody, regardless of where you book, can book excursions through Disney (there is a separate excursion reservation number) 60 days out. Disney should be sending you a packet in the mail that reviews all the excursion options. We just booked ours and we are doing:
Key West: Trolley Tour
Grand Caymen: Stingray City (forget the exact name - but it is the one that only goes to stingray city)
Cozumel: Cozumel Beach Break (Playa Sol)
Castaway Cay: Banana Boat Rides (did parasailing last time)

We are getting more and more excited by the day...can't wait for the docs to arrive!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

My husband and I will also be sailing with our 2 daughters (Brandie - 9 and Courtney - 6). We sailed this same week last year on the Western and had a great time - weather was great and seas were calm. Hoping for the same this year. Let us know if anyone is interested in meeting up.

We haven't booked any excursions. Last year we did Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman and enjoyed it, but my younger daughter loves turtles and wants to visit the turtle farm, so I think we'll at least be doing that this time. We'll probably visit Mr. Sanchos beach in Cozumel (Last year we tried snorkeling at Chankanaab, but the beach was pretty rocky and the water was kind of rough for the kids).

Wendy

Thought it might be helpful to go over some notes I made last year when we were supposed to go Western but ended up going Eastern instead due to a hurricane:
1. Clocks go back o hour on Monday PM.
2. It is better to do laundry in the PM (less people). Bring detergent tablets and coins. Laundry is mid section on sides
3. Many said it was nice to book Paolos Sunday night to watch the sunset at Key West. Or you may want to book Brunch on Sunday and see the beautiful view as you enter the Key West area.
4. Ship forward = fun ; aft = eat; red carpet is aft; blue carpet is forward
5. Grand Cayman CI Dollar = US $1.25; conversely; US Dollar = .80 (last year's figures). Some bought 12 pack of soda there for $5.16 (cost $4.30 CI dollars)
6. Grand Cayman is a good place to rent a car if you are willing to drive on the left side; insurance is included and it seemed quite reasonable. Avis seems the best for $51 all inclusive incl insurance and gas.
7. Hemingways at Hyatt Regency in Grand Caymans had good meals, but was not too expensive.
8. Castaway club cocktail party is between 4 and 4:45 on Monday night.
9. If you want to get off during the tour take the trolley, not the train in Key West. A good bar in Key West is in Mallory Square at Sloppy Joes Hogs Breath Bar.
10. Many seem to like Mr. Sanchos Beach in Cozumel, but remember to take money with you; they do not take charge cards. Taxi cost to get there $15. You can not bring your own beverages there remember.
11. Great tip is to use walkie talkies throughout the cruise--they worked great for us!
12. Holiday Inn Beach is great at Grand Cayman; cost $4. per person and is only a 10 minute taxi ride. Some have used their pool as long as they bought drinks and food there. A few have said the Westin beach is less rocky, however. Hol Inn can rent lounge chairs for $8 - includes 1 drink. Good rest is Neptune's Rest which is across fr the public beach; kids menu is also good.
13. Grand Cayman - the best shopping is right near the shuttle docks.
14. The LaConcha Hotel in Key West has a 360 degree view of the city. Buy snacks + food for ship in Faushtos in Key West at the corner of Bahama Ln and Fleming--off Duval 1/2 mile from Mallory Square. Try Key Lime Pie at "Rooftop Cafe'"
15. Best place to buy liquor is Cozumel and you can buy it right next to the ship.
16. At Castaway Cay go to the eating area near the adult beach before 1:30 since it closes then.
17. Emergency contact # is 1-888-322-8732; the caller must know you are on the Disney Magic and have your stateroom # and also have a credit card; it will be ultimately charged to you at $7. a minute.
18. Horse drawn carriage in Cozumel costs $20 for 40 minutes and will take you off the beaten track to the see the "real" Cozumel.
19. The mini-golf in Cozumel which is in town sounds great and there is home-made Sangeria there--yum!
20. Take a lot of $1. bills for rm service; reminder again you need rolls of quarters for the laundry.
21. Binoculars are wonderful and so much fun on a cruise! You see so much more!
22. If you are in the mood and want to go to an all-inclusive club in Cozumel - go to the allegro Hotel and reef club and for $35 you can get all you can eat and drink and there is a pool and beach.
Hope these notes have helped some of you!
We should be getting our documents soon!
Yeh!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter