Anyone else like to take their time with TS Meals @ Disney?

We don't really tend to linger over TS meals; when we want to just relax we typically head to either Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar or Nomad's Lounge and order a few appetizers and have a bottle of wine or a few drinks. In general we prefer to share a few appetizers or split an entree instead of each getting a full meal so the bars and lounges at WDW are perfect spots for us. We always feel like it's much easier to linger at the bars and lounges than at TS restaurants (we often eat at the bar at the TS restaurants) because there isn't someone with an ADR waiting on our table. Part of the rush at TS places is that, for better or worse, WDW only allocates a short period of time for each table to complete their meal so the CMs try to get you in and out ASAP. I wouldn't be very happy if I had to wait for an hour for my ADR because people were purposely lingering over their meal. With that said, we don't rush through our meal and there are certain places we have chosen not to go back to because of how quickly they try to get you out the door (I'm talking to you 'Ohana). Since it's typically just my hubby and I when we head to WDW now, we do find that we spend a lot more time just hanging out somewhere on property enjoying our time together as opposed to racing around trying to do a bunch of rides.

Perhaps at the restaurants in the theme parks people should be mindful of lingering, but for most restaurants in the resorts and Disney Springs I think it's perfectly acceptable to take your time, enjoy your drinks, and have a good dinner. If possible, we won't order our main course until the appetizers are brought out, especially in signatures. Nothing I hate more than my entree arriving before we even have a chance to finish the appetizer. If you have a wine list and bar, entrees of $30 and up, expect people to not want to be in and out in 45 minutes.

The last trip we made was pretty much all about food! The Deluxe Dining Plan was totally worth it, if that's your plan! On a side note, our average meal time was around 2 hours!

The last trip we made was pretty much all about food! The Deluxe Dining Plan was totally worth it, if that's your plan! On a side note, our average meal time was around 2 hours!
Wow! 6 hours a day eating? We do enjoy a relaxing meal but I couldn't spend half my day eating. It's not all about the rides for us either but we do like to shop. We try to make our way around the park one time without zig zagging so we can enjoy all the park has to offer.

Perhaps at the restaurants in the theme parks people should be mindful of lingering, but for most restaurants in the resorts and Disney Springs I think it's perfectly acceptable to take your time, enjoy your drinks, and have a good dinner. If possible, we won't order our main course until the appetizers are brought out, especially in signatures. Nothing I hate more than my entree arriving before we even have a chance to finish the appetizer. If you have a wine list and bar, entrees of $30 and up, expect people to not want to be in and out in 45 minutes.

Totally agree. To me taking your time and not racing through your meal is one thing. But lingering over a meal to spend an hour just chatting when there is another party waiting on your table is another. We have never had an issue with any of the nicer TS places trying to rush us through a meal. The TS places that consistently try to race you out the door end up being places we don't go back to. We have found the restaurants at Disney Springs are really good about not rushing you. We tend not to order appetizers AND an entree, and we don't order dessert at the restaurants unless it's a special occasion dinner since we prefer other snacks, so our meals are probably quicker in general simply because we aren't eating as much.

'Ohana is the one place we will not return to because of how they rush you. It's such a frenzied atmosphere that we actually found it tough to even try to pace yourself. We always had plates filled with food that we had hardly even touched yet before someone was attempting to add MORE to our plates. We always ended up with indigestion and we think it's because, even trying to slow everything down, we still ended up eating faster than normal even though we weren't aware of it at the time. I think it is always a challenge to slow yourself down and make sure you are still hungry at buffets and all you care to eat places, but when they rush you through the meal on top of that it just isn't pleasant.

I like to enjoy the meal and not be rushed but I also don't want to sit around for the sake of sitting.

So for us it was more of a chance to break with 2 70+ year old parents and a 3.5 year old. We booked deluxe dining so we could do every character experience plus some signature. Next time we go with just my wife and son we will take a completely different approach. The parents were in carts and were pretty tired on a regular basis, so for the only visit they were going to take meant they were going to take their time.

If I had my choice I would be riding rides, they just could't hang with a 35 year old acting like a 10 year old kid! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter