Anyone ever have a facelift?

As I get older I have really noticed how badly my face and jowls are sagging.

Have you tried fillers? Different ones do different things like "plumping" your face vs. just getting rid of lines. I've had Botox (for those "11"s in between the eyebrows -- and it works really well), but that's all I've ever done. I'm tempted to go to fillers, but I'm worried that once you start, you'll always feel the need to keep it up or do more. I just don't want to spend the money or feel I "have to".

Sagging skin, gray hair, etc., are a part of growing old. I am 74 and look my age, which I don't mind at all. I find it comical when ladies do so much to their faces that they can hardly smile. And no woman aged 80 has dark brown hair. Nancy Pelosi comes to mind. I feel sorry for her. It just looks so phony.

Sagging skin, gray hair, etc., are a part of growing old. I am 74 and look my age, which I don't mind at all. I find it comical when ladies do so much to their faces that they can hardly smile. And no woman aged 80 has dark brown hair. Nancy Pelosi comes to mind. I feel sorry for her. It just looks so phony.
My MIL passed away at 85 and only had only a few grays. DH and his sister are the same way.

Have you tried fillers? Different ones do different things like "plumping" your face vs. just getting rid of lines. I've had Botox (for those "11"s in between the eyebrows -- and it works really well), but that's all I've ever done. I'm tempted to go to fillers, but I'm worried that once you start, you'll always feel the need to keep it up or do more. I just don't want to spend the money or feel I "have to".
So many alternatives nowadays. Less expensive and not invasive as surgery. Fillers are amazing and can take years of your face. They are great thing...it you hate them they aren't permanent.

I don't wear wrinkled clothing and I don't like them on my face. It's why God created Botox and plastic surgeons. 😏

Last edited:
A good friend of mine had a neck lift. It was a really good choice for her. She's a huge baby about pain and was back to normalish within a week. She struggled for the first couple of days with pain and the bandaging (she looked like a giant q-tip). Her surgeon did a great job and I completely understand why she had it done. I think all total it cost her about $11k. The surgeon was very realistic with her that the quality of her neck skin was not great and the results would not be super tight and perfect. She's very happy with the results and would do it again. She hasn't had any other plastic surgery but does regularly get botox and fillers in her face. I also get botox and fillers, but haven't felt the desire to have a surgical procedure. If I was unhappy enough with one of my features and comfortable with the surgeon, I would do it.

A good friend of mine had a neck lift. It was a really good choice for her. She's a huge baby about pain and was back to normalish within a week. She struggled for the first couple of days with pain and the bandaging (she looked like a giant q-tip). Her surgeon did a great job and I completely understand why she had it done. I think all total it cost her about $11k. The surgeon was very realistic with her that the quality of her neck skin was not great and the results would not be super tight and perfect. She's very happy with the results and would do it again. She hasn't had any other plastic surgery but does regularly get botox and fillers in her face. I also get botox and fillers, but haven't felt the desire to have a surgical procedure. If I was unhappy enough with one of my features and comfortable with the surgeon, I would do it.
Yikes that is expensive for a neck lift. the average is roughly half of that price!

Yikes that is expensive for a neck lift. the average is roughly half of that price!
Not sure where you're getting your information but that was right in line with 3 or 4 surgeons she consulted with and that price included everything not just the surgeon's cost. How much did yours cost?

Not sure where you're getting your information but that was right in line with 3 or 4 surgeons she consulted with and that price included everything not just the surgeon's cost. How much did yours cost?
Well I do have a friend in plastics. Maybe it's a family/friends discount?😬

BTW...haven't had the surgery but did get a quote. I opted for micro needling and laser treatments.

Thanks everybody. I have tried Botox, and I liked the results. My saggy neck is what makes me crazy. I will continue to research. I did schedule a consult with a surgeon. I will see what he has to offer.
I figured the cost would be @10k. I’m sure it depends upon location too. I am in rural PA.

Thanks everybody. I have tried Botox, and I liked the results. My saggy neck is what makes me crazy. I will continue to research. I did schedule a consult with a surgeon. I will see what he has to offer.
I figured the cost would be @10k. I’m sure it depends upon location too. I am in rural PA.
Again I would strongly suggest a consult regarding Agnes and Scarlet procedures. They are very reasonably priced IMO I had good results. Cost was approximately 15% or surgical fees.

Last edited:
I just had a neck lift and a temporal lobe lift. It was about $13,000. So I would say 11,000 for just the neck is a bit much. I had my eyes and forehead done 2 years ago and it was around $8,000. Stayed at the clinic overnight with the neck stuff but was home the afternoon of the eye part. I'd totally do both again. I'm very pleased with the results.

[/QUOTE]

Hi there, I am not an expert in this area, but I've done some research and, based on our findings, I think that a neck lift can be a really good option for people with sagging skin. There are a lot of different kinds of neck lifts, but the common theme is that they lift and tighten the skin to improve their appearance. Sometimes, this is done by removing excess skin and fat or tightening muscles, but in other cases, it is done by removing the extra skin or fat and then lifting the skin to its correct position. The recovery time will depend on the kind of procedure performed, but after the recovery period, I think that a neck lift can be a good option for many people, and I think that you should consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your concerns and help you make the best decision for your needs.

So I had the opportunity to get a neck lift I had Bells Palsey years ago and everything was "uneven" I am beyond pleased with the results . I now have the long beautiful unwrinkled neck and jawline I was born with 😉 Love it! No regrets ...should've done it sooner.

Last edited:
Don't judge plastic surgery from Pelosi She is an outlier. A good surgeon will go for a natural look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter