• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on the Nov. 16 Eastern?

Lrnl80

Mouseketeer
Come on all you Nov. 16th cruisers, lets join this board and let everyone know that we are ready to have a blast!! Maybe we are not on The Thanksgiving cruise, (Could not see spending $1700. more for same category) but we will be spending Thanksgiving week at WDW!

I am getting way too excited!!! I went to Disneyland and California Adventure yesterday, just to get my Disney fix!!! They are already putting all of the" Nightmare Before Chrismas" stuff up on Haunted Mansion.

I am showing great self control by not pulling out all the luggage yet and starting to pack. I will wait until I am at least in the same month as the cruise.

We, my DH, DS(8), and I, are leaving the 15th, staying at the Airport Hyatt, and Happy Limoing it on the 16th. PO/R for 4 days after the cruise.

:Pinkbounc

Yes, we too are going on the 11/16 Eastern. We are getting very excited, although you are the first to mention going on this cruise. I am curious if maybe we will be the only two families on board. HA HA. I will keep my eye on this thread to see who else is joining us.

Greetings from Connecticut !

My wife and I have been looking forward to this cruise for months. We have three children who are just as excited as we are. Boys are 14 & 12. Daddy's little girl will be 5 in December. We are also staying at the Airport Hyatt the night before.

Looking forward to a great time on the Magic !

Hey! thats 3 families so far! Thanks livinatdisney and zoop for your replies. I too will have to keep up with this thread just to read zoops countdown clock. We have a calandar in the kitchen with the days marked down, but nothing as fancy hours, minutes and seconds!

Even if it is just us three familes, we will have a blast. Our family took the 3 day Wonder Cruise a couple of years ago, so much fun, but not enough time.

Anyone else out there? Don't be shy!

Laurie

Count us in too.

We are a family of 5. DS is 11, and 2 DD's who are 7 & 9. We haven't told the kids yet that we are going on a cruise. All they know right now is that we are going to Florida. We are using airmiles to get there so we booked our flights in the spring time. We talked about going on the Disney Cruise only if we could get a good deal. Little do they know that I booked the cruise back in March. We've talked about what we would like to do "if" we go. I think I'll let the cat out of the bag when the documents arrive, which will be soon, I hope.

I want to start getting things ready also, but I know it's too early.

We arrive on the 15th, but haven't decided where to stay yet. We are flying in and out of Tampa. We have a couple of days after the cruise and we are staying at the Yacht Club. This will be our first time staying on site, so that should be exciting.

How many more days left???

Hearing from you guys that are also going is making our cruise seem so much more real. We are getting so excited. (DH, DDs 9 & 12) We too are staying a few days after the cruise. If you get any important ideas please pass them on. I am hoping that all of these hurricanes will be finished by then. Do any of you have any great ideas for which excursions are good for the kids? If so please post another thread. Counting down the days!!!

Count us in!!!:D DH and I are going - no kids!!! :D Our wedding anniversary is on Thanksgiving this year & like Lrnl80 said, we couldn't afford the extra cost for that cruise, so going the week before. Works out better this way, can do something for our anniversary and still spend Thanksgiving with family. We are spending 4 days at WDW before (we must be the only ones - all of you are going after) the cruise, so that is a big plus too. Was having WDW withdrawal symptoms. We went to WDW for our honeymoon and have gone every year except 2001. Went to Disneyland and California Adv. for our Disney trip that year, so it is about time we got back to WDW!!!:p

I have been waiting for someone to post a "roll-call" thread like this for our cruise for awhile now. Was starting to wonder if any other DISers would be going. Hey maybe we will all have the boat to ourselves (yeah, I know dream on).

Well, hello to Lrnl80, livinatdisney, Zoop and bev r. !!!:D :D :D I expect we will all have a great time!!!:smooth: :sunny:

Hooray!!!I think that puts us at 5 families so far. I am wishing upgrades for everyone!!!!

Livinatdisney, I have no ideas for the childrens excursions. My daughter did not even want to get off the ship for the 3 day cruise. God bless the kids club. I highly recommend signing them up as soon as possible. They have a blast. I remember going to pick her up to see one of the shows, and she told me "please not now, they are having Disco Dance Party!" She did love Castaway Cay, however. They have a wonderful program for the whole entire family there. I have booked a few excursions for me and my husband, because my daughter has informed us that she would rather stay on board again.

We have made reservations for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner the 26th at Liberty Tree Tavern at MK.

Any more good ideas out there?

When I came home today, there was a card in the mailbox from Fed-ex that they attempted to make a delivery today. They will try again tomorrow. Could it be, what I think it is?? I'm crossing my fingers.

When I came home from work today, there was a card from Fed-ex in the mailbox that they tried to make a delivery. Could it be what I think it is?? I have my fingers crossed for when they come back tomorrow.

Hey bev r.
Was it? I had the same thing happen to me the other day. UPS man showed up at the door, I was so dissappointed, it was some Halloween stuff I ordered from Oriental Trading Company. I think my documents might be dilivered to AAA, because I booked through them to get the free drink mugs. Let us know, we are all anxiously awaiting....
Laurie

Actually I had to go pick them up at the courier depot, as I missed the second attempt of delivery today. Boy were the kids surprised when I opened up the package. At first they didn't know what it was until I told them.

No upgrades here, but I was not really expecting anything as I had booked 2 connecting cabins.

How many more sleeps now?? I can hardly wait. Hopefully everyone else's documents will come shortly.

yahoo - we leave for our Nov 30th Magic cruise 12 days after your cruise leaves - heading to airport on Thanksgiving
as of today we have 50 more sleeps
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hooray!!!!
Has anyone else received their docs? I am going to have to call and bug my TA again. I know she will call as soon as she gets them, but darn it, I can't wait!:bounce:
Laurie

Count us in....My wife, five year old daughter, and seven year old daughter (Nov 18). Also staying at Airport Hilton. We're all looking forward to it.

Hi Laurie and fellow cruisers!
My DH, DS (4.5) and DS (3) will also be on our first cruise ever on the 11/16 Eastern. We have signed up for the 'See and Sea' in St. Maarten with the kids and the '5 Star Snorkel' sans kids in St. John. We also requested late dinner seating so we can feed the kids before the early show and then have a late dinner together while the kids (hopefully) have a blast in the kids club. We can't wait!!!
Laurie from Carlsbad, CA

Fed-Ex was here earlier today but of course nobody was home.
They are bringing the cruise docs tomorrow afternoon.
Just thought I'd let you all know that if you don't have them yet, you will soon. It won't be long now ....

Yahooo!!!!!
AAA called yesterday and my docs are in!!!!! No upgrade though:( .
Hey Laurie from Carlsbad, small world, I used to live in Carlsbad in the early 80's. I love that seaside town. My sister lives there, right off of Tamarack, and I visit often. If my husband did not have to live so close to his business, I would be back there in a minute!
Please excuse my reminising.
Laurie

Hi Laurie -
To make the world even smaller, we live off Tamarack too, on Skyline. Ha!
Laurie from Carlsbad

My new wife and I will also be on the Nov. 16th cruise celebrating our honeymoon.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: We can hardly wait. We will be there after spending one week at the parks.

We got the documents and are ready to go. We also purchased the Romance package and that includes priority seating at Palo. Well, a couple of days ago, someone from Disney called me at work, and I made brunch and dinner reservations at Palo while I am there. All I have to do now is make the spa reservations.

I can't wait:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter