• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on the Nov. 16 Eastern?

I echo my new hubby's (Scoot95) sentiments I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave for our week in the parks on November 10......... is it November yet??? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Scott forgot to mention that when they called us for our Palo reservations we were also given our dining rotation!!!!

on your recent wedding LisaFB & Scoot95 :D!! We also honeymooned at WDW but not DCL. I think WDW is the best place in the world to honeymoon. You are going to have a great time.

Our trip is to celebrate our 4th Wedding anniversary. Our actually anniv. is Nov. 28th (Thanksgiving) but it is too expensive to go during Thanksgiving, so we are going before.

We will be at the parks the same time you are and then the Disney Magic. But we leave Nov. 11th (instead of the 10th). Enjoy your honeymoon ;). Again Congrats and we hope you have a married life full of pixie dust :D !!!

Thanks, Heidica. Happy anniversary to you!!! Where are you staying while at the parks? We'll be at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I can't believe I'll be on my honeymoon in just over 3 weeks!!!!
liebe028.gif
This will be my second cruise (first Disney) and DH's first altogether. We booked all our shore excursions and can't wait!!!

We will be embarking on the ship wearing our Mickey & Minnie bride & groom ears so look for us!!!!
grinser039.gif

LisaFB - We will be at the Contemporary Resort while at the parks. We are able to stay at the Contemorary through Shades of Green reservations. We stayed at Port Orleans in 1999 when we made a trip back to get another use out of our annual pass that we had bought during our honeymoon. While on our 1999 trip hurricane floyd decided to come and that was the time WDW was shut down. We did like our Port Orleans room and would love to stay again, but we are trying to stay at different resorts everytime we go, to try them all. It will probably take 30 years to get to them all, but I would love it, if we could. The Port Orleans will be a great place to honeymoon. Romantic. We will be sure to keep an eye out for your wedding mickey mouse ears.

We have reserved our excursions as well. We are signed up for the Golden Eagle Catamaran and for the 5-Star St. John snorkel. We haven't gotten our docs yet, but I'm not going to panic yet. There is still time. I'll start panicing in a week.:D Well here is to 25 days until WDW and 29 days until Disney Cruise.

I'm glad to hear that PO is romantic!!! That's what we're going for considering it's our honeymoon!! LOL

I forget what we signed up for on the shore excusrions but I do remember we're going snorkeling at Castaway Cay and kayaking at one of the stops. I totally forget what we're doing at the other, but I know I'll love it!! LOL

We got a veranda room and I can't wait to sit out there with my DH and listen to/ watch the ocean!!!!!!!!

Welcome Lisa and Scott!!! And congratulations!! We loved the PO/FQ, this was the very first disney property we stayed at. Disney closed it down for refurbishment earlier this year, so it should be all nice and shiney for you! We will be staying just next door at the PO/R, but after our trip. There will be hardly any crowds at the time you are going, you have picked a wonderful time. I wanted to go to the parks before our cruise, but we would have had to take our daughter out of school another week.
(My apologies to everyone on this board, in my first thread I mistakingly put DS instead of DD).
Has anyone pulled out the luggage yet? I confess, I have started putting in some of the things I will not need in the next 4 weeks!!
Catch you later!
Laurie
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks, Laurie!! We had heard that PO/FQ was closed earlier this year and were very relieved when it was re-opened!! I have not started packing yet, but I've beem mentally going through my wardrobe thinking of what I'll take. Ladies, what are you wearing for the 2 formal nights? Scott has his own tux so he's covered. I was in 2 weddings recently and also attended a black tie Bas Mitzvah so I have 3 black tie fancy outfits I can choose from... would those be ok or too dressy?

BTW, anyone know what movies will be showing that week? Do they list them anywhere in advance or do we have to wait and see? Do they oly show Disney movies or would be there be a chance that Harry Potter 2 might be shown?

I also have a question about what people are wearing. Since we will be at WDW 5 days before the cruise, we are ending up having to pack for 12 days. uugghh!! So for the cruise I plan on packing 4 dresses, 2 khaki pant outfits and then the tropical shirt outfit (still haven't figured out what I am going to where with the tropical shirt). Of course this is only for dinner, it will be shorts for the rest of the day. I am trying to plan it so I only have to pack 2 pair of dress shoes. I need to figure out my dresses so I only need these 2 pairs of shoes. I already have 3 other pair of shoes I need to pack (sandals, tennis shoes and shoes I'll wear with my khaki pants). So that is 5 pairs of shoes!! One pair of dress shoes I already know I will need are my black velvet shoes to wear with a long velvet dress (it is that "burned" out velvet style) to wear on formal night. Now I have 2 other dresses I own, that I can wear with my black velvet shoes but I dont' know which one to bring because they seem too dressy (to me) for semi-formal night. So this is where I need help. The other 2 dresses are a just below knee length short sleeve black velvet dress with a small amout of black beads around the neck line (the neck line comes all the way up to my neck & it doesn't work to wear a necklace). The other dress, actually outfit, is a 2 piece wine colored pant outfit. The top is long sleeve wine colored velvet with buttons all the way down the middle (this one also has a high neckline) and the pants are wine colored satin damske type fabric.

My husband is going to be wearing his Coast Guard dress uniform on formal night and his dark gray suit on semi-formal night. He has a navy blue jacket to wear at Lumieres and it also going to wear khaki pants on the casual nights. Our tropical shirts will be matching.

Ladies, any opinions?? What are you wearing??

See, this is where I keep getting confused. People on the boards have been saying there's one formal and one semi-formal night but the cruise website says 2 formal nights that are both black tie optional. Scott owns a tux and originally he was planning on wearing it both nights. Do most men wear tuxedos on both nights? If so then I'll wear 2 of my formal dresses (I'm a purple fanatic and I have 2 purple dresses!!) If most men don't wear their tuxedos on the second night then I'll wear a nice simple black dress. I never thought of the shoe situation! I don't have any tropical-type shirts for that night, I'll have to either buy one or borrow one of Scott's. For everything else I have nice business casual type outfits that I can bring, and of course shorts and bathing suits and stuff.

LisaFB, here is a quote from Disney's Cruise website (under FAQ, what should I wear to dinner) "During the 7-Night Caribbean Cruise, appropriate attire is also suggested for our elegant and semi-formal evenings when dining with the Master Chef Series and the Captain's Gala Dinner." I almost wish it did say 2 formal nights, because then I wouldn't have to worry about whether my other dress is too formal. But I might also just say screw it, and where what I want.

Anyone out there, have more information?? Other ideas??

That's too weird because I saw under www.DisneyCruise.com under General Information Questions, What Should I Pack the following
Aboard the 7-Night Caribbean Cruise there are two evening dinners that require more formal, or "black-tie-optional", attire. Tuxedo rentals are available in advance for these special dinners.
Why do they say 2 different things? This is why I'm so confused! I saw the one that you posted and that one also says about tuxedo rentals after it... Oh well, I think I'll bring 2 formal dresses and one less formal one just in case.. but you see why I'm confused?! LOL We're going to call and confirm everything about a week before we leave for WDW and I'll ask them. It is strange that the same website says 2 different things in 2 different spots!!!

Finally got my docs!!! I was really starting to stress:( I figure what took so long, was I bought our cruise through Costco (to save money) and the docs were mailed to them first, and then Costco mailed them to me. I received the docs in a priority mail envelope, not fed ex. Every day I kept asking my husband, did fed ex come, did fed ex come. I bet he is glad to have the papers, just so I will stop bugging him.:D Good thing I did get them on Monday, because yesterday I saw on the news something about a Fed Ex truck exploding. If I didn't have papers in hand, that really would have stressed me.

Didn't get an upgrade, but oh well, I wasn't counting on one. Well, I am about half packed. See you all in 17 days!!!:p

I just got off the phone with the cruise line confirming all our stuff and I asked about the formal night(s), whether there's 1 or 2.... I was told men need to wear a jacket and tie for both and the first one (The Captain's Gala)i smore formal, but men can wear tuxedos for both and women can dress as formal as they want for both...We have our Palo reservations for the second night so I think DH & I will go black tie....

Hey everyone!!!!!
We are leaving the 15th, so officially we are down to one more week!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Almost fully packed. It is cold and rainy here in sunny Southern California, so I am sooo ready.
LisaFB 2 more days!!!!(Will you be too busy to read this?) Have a wonderful time at the World, and maybe we will run into you on board!!!
Bon Voyage!!!:smooth:

Thanks, Laurie!! I'm never too busy to check the boards! LOL I just finished packing and am all set to go.. all I need now is for it to be Sunday morning at 9 am so our plane can be taking off!!! I'm almost on my honeymoon! YIPPEE!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave: Hopefully we'll see you all on board!!!!

We leave tomorrow at 5:41 am. That means we wake up at 3:30 am to make it to the airport on time.Oh joy. Probibly will not be able to sleep anyways.
Picked up Dd's independent studies program yesterday. Looks like her teacher went very light on her. ;)
Everyone have a wonderful and safe trip, and we will see you on board Saturday!!!!!
Excited? :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We leave at midnight tonight. Everything's just about ready to go. My kids were fortunate too, and did not come home with too much work to do. With any luck we can get most of it done on the plane trips. The only thing I think I'll have them do everyday is their journal and reading.

See everyone on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter