• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone going on the Nov. 16 Eastern?

Neither did we!!! It was nice to meet you and Scott on Castaway Cay. Wish the weather had been better that day, but oh well. We feel bad for those that got sick. Hopefully they are all feeling better. We were having such a great time that the only way we knew people were sick was the letter we got under our stateroom door. Our Disney cruise was very magical and probably the best trip I have ever taken. We were very sad to have it end. Our tablemates and us just couldn't say goodbye. We will be on a Disney cruise in the future, I can guarantee!!:D

It was great meeting you too!! Scott and I didn't snorkel for too long cuz we both had trouble with it, but we had a blast anyway! The entire trip was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are definitely going to cruise with Disney again!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that some of you escaped the nasty virus. We however were not so fortunate. My husband was hit the hardest by it on Wednesday afternoon, and was sick for 2 days. One of my daughters got really sick on Friday night and Saturday. The remaining 3 of us were slightly ill, but escaped the vomiting.

I really feel sorry for the stateroom hosts that had to cleanup after the poor sick folks. I know when it hit my daughter it came fast and she didn't have time to do anything. Needless to say we happy to get off the ship.

Overall the cruise was enjoyable, wish the weather would have been a little nicer, especially when we were at Castaway Cay.

The kids really enjoyed the shows and the pin trading. Unfortunately, they got to a point where they ran out of pins to trade. I guess I'll be watching for another sale at the disney store when we decide to go again.

Our dining room servers and stateroom hosts were great and very efficient. We had two cabins booked and ended up having 2 different room hosts.

We enjoyed the beaches on St. Maarten and St. Thomas. but could have done with all the hassles of the cabbies at the piers.

I think next time I cruise we will try the western side, this is the second time my husband and I have cruised on the eastern side and find that it is somewhat depressing.

Overall I think will rate this experience as okay to good.

Bev, how is your family feeling now? I'm glad to hear that even though you got sick you enjoyed yourselves! We absolutely LOVED the trip! It was DH's first time cruising ever and my second and DCL is by far THE best way to go!!!! We loved our excursions and didn't really have too much trouble with the taxis at either St Maarten or Thomas. We were going to snorkel at Castaway so the rain didn't really bother us but it would have been nice to be able to see the adult beach (for us anyway!). We both had the time of our lives and can't wait to do the Western as well!!! As soon as I get some of my pics back, I'll post them, probably here so keep a lookout for them everyone!!!

These are just the ones from our waterproof disposable camera, we took more with the regular camera.

Here I am trying to put on my snorkeling gear at Castaway Cay...
2490205a.jpg

I married a sea monster! LOL
2490208a.jpg

Here's my monster again!
2490207a.jpg

Too bad we didn't actually go snorkeling.. :( I would have loved to have seen the sunken ship with Mickey, but neither of us was able to do it.. Oh well, next time...

Here's Scott at Mount Rustmore (they actually had a sign saying that!)
2490206a.jpg

The family beach once peopel started venturing off the boat..
2490203a.jpg

I love this pic! I think it look like a postcard!
2490202a.jpg

The view from our veranda!
2490204a.jpg

Great pictures Lisa!! We also had a waterproof disposable camera with us, but I haven't had a chance to get them developed. Hoping they turn out. We were able to get out and find Mickey and the sunken ship (took us several tries, but we did it). Really hoping those pictures came out.

Thanks!! My scanner is a cheap one so the color is a bit off on these pics, but who cares! We took a total of 30 rols of film with our regular camera and I mail those out to get developed so I don't have my other pics in yet (about one more week) but when I get them, I'll post some. I'm also going to try to start my cruise trip report today or tomorrow (I just finished my trip report for the land part of our honeymoon). HOw was Mickey under water? we really wanted to go see him but we both had trouble with the snorkeling.. :( I'd love to see your pics when you get them back!!

Mickey was neat to find. He looks like he is standing at the helm of the ship, but the ship is in pieces behind him. I was fairly tired by the time we found him (because it took so long to find him. I finally had to ask one of the lifeguards), so we took a couple of pictures and then headed back to shore. The masks we rented on Castaway Cay hurt my lip and nose. Everytime I took the mask off, my nose and upper lip were numb and it took several minutes to go away. Yeah, I need to get started on my trip report as well, but I am having a hard time finding the time because once I sit down to do it, I know it will take awhile. For our pictures we used up 3 waterproof cameras and then the rest we took on our digital camera. I have over 300 pictures from WDW and 350 from the cruise. I am going to take our compactflash card and have about half of the pictures printed up. It would be too expensive to have them all printed. But I do want some to be able to put in an album and show people. Right now I am having a hard time picking and choosing what pictures to print. Oh well. I guess I shouldn't complain, it could be worse. Plus, as we have both said, the trip was awesome!! Everybody at work is having a hard time shutting me up because all I talk about is our trip.:p I have a website where I can post a bunch of pictures, again when I get some more time, I will probably post some of the digital photos on there. Coming back right before the holidays is not giving me much time to get stuff done. Again, oh well, I'm glad all I have to complain about is this, instead of something else. Look forward to seeing the rest of your pictures as well.:D

We just got back all 30 rolls of film e-mailed yesterday! Who knwos how long it'll take me to get them posted!

We had a wonderful time. Just got back from the WDW. Did any of you run into the news crews and reporters while leaving the ship? We had to go across the street to catch Happy Limo, and they were all waiting for us like vultures. They were sticking microphones at us and asking if we got sick. They looked quite dissappointed when we said no.
I am sorry for all who got sick, it is horrible to be sick on a most anticipated and costly vacation. Maybe Disney could offer these people the $99. offer for next fall, this would be so fair.
My families cruise highlight had to be Trunk Bay. What a Beautiful, pristine Island St. John was.
Did not get to do any of our excursions on Cataway Cay because of the rain, but my daughter and I managed to do the peddle boats after it had stopped.
I got to go to the AP holders preview of the Osborne Light Spectacle at MGM on the 23rd. It was just beautiful. I also got to see the Space Shuttle after take off! So cool. We had one of the best Thanksgiving dinners ever at the Liberty Inn Tavern.Mmmmm.
Good to be home, And Thankful we have not gotten sick,
Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter