Anyone know when they will add more "good to go days?"

Deltarn2222

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard when they will be adding more "good to go days?" My husband and I are travelling with a large group in April. We're the only 2 annual pass holders, so everyone else has their date based tickets and don't have to mess with theme park reservations. I have our theme park reservations made already but have already had to make a change for us because of dining arrangement plans we want to make- specifically I changed an Animal Kingdom park reservation to an Epcot one because we want to get a Biergarten reservation that day. I can't wait to see the day this rule goes away for annual pass holders.

We were at Disney in mid-Jan. We have APs, and actually had GTG days pop up on our app after our visit started! WAY too late to help by then. Right now, they only appear to be out through Feb, so anything in April is likely to be much closer to the actual dates. And with early April being a busy time, there might not be any until later in the month. But it's likely to be much closer to April before you see any.

Thanks for the feedback. I kinda figured that might be the case. Just so annoying. Have a great day!

I was looking for March good-to-go days since it's March tomorrow, but I cannot find anything.

I'm still flummoxed that as an out-of-state AP holder with a WDW resort reservation I still have to make park reservations. It's as though I have a date-based ticket, since WDW knows exactly what dates I'm going to be there. It's not like I'm going to pop in at a moment's notice . . . at least not until I win the lottery and can just go to WDW on a whim!

I was looking for March good-to-go days since it's March tomorrow, but I cannot find anything.

I'm still flummoxed that as an out-of-state AP holder with a WDW resort reservation I still have to make park reservations. It's as though I have a date-based ticket, since WDW knows exactly what dates I'm going to be there. It's not like I'm going to pop in at a moment's notice . . . at least not until I win the lottery and can just go to WDW on a whim!
I’m totally with you. I ended up having to make a park reservation for Epcot on the day we’re going to Animal kingdom in order to make our Biergarten reservation for our group. That means unless they miraculously open that day up as a good to go day, we will have to got to Epcot to hop over to Animal Kingdom to be with the rest of group. So dumb.

I ended up having to make a park reservation for Epcot on the day we’re going to Animal kingdom in order to make our Biergarten reservation
The system wouldn't let you book a Biergarten ADR without an Epcot reservation?

The system wouldn't let you book a Biergarten ADR without an Epcot reservation?
This was my question as well. Since you can hop at any time, why not just make the AK reservation then hop over to Epcot for your ADR? I have an out of state, the most expensive AP as well and agree it's silly if you have hotel reservations to still have to make park reservations but it is what it is. I thought, however, when all day park hopping came back pretty much all the restrictions as to making LLs, virtual ques, ADRs went away. I know even when everyone had to make park pass reservations, as long as you had a hopper, you could make ADRs in another park if it was after 2.

This was my question as well. Since you can hop at any time, why not just make the AK reservation then hop over to Epcot for your ADR? I have an out of state, the most expensive AP as well and agree it's silly if you have hotel reservations to still have to make park reservations but it is what it is. I thought, however, when all day park hopping came back pretty much all the restrictions as to making LLs, virtual ques, ADRs went away. I know even when everyone had to make park pass reservations, as long as you had a hopper, you could make ADRs in another park if it was after 2.
Guests with an AP are still required to make a park reservation if they wish to book a VQ, etc. On Good to Go days a park reservation is not required to try for a VQ.

Last edited:
In my experience, ADRs aren't tied to tickets or park reservations. I just made an ADR for an in-park restaurant for March 14th. I have an AP and no park reservations for that day - and it's not a good to go day.

You don’t need a park reservation for an ADR. You need a park reservation for a VQ. But after making the VQ at 7am, just go in the app and change your park reservation to the park you want to go too. Done that several times and it is not an issue.

We just had a run of Good to Go dates and it was soooo nice not to mess with park reservations.

I change things a lot on the fly and often forget to change/make my park reservations. They’re usually pretty flex at the gate. Many times I have shown up with the wrong park reserved and everything is sold out. But they have always done their magic on a tablet and let me in.

Guests with an AP are still required to make a park reservation if they wish to book a VQ, etc. On Good to Go days a park reservation is not required to try for a VQ.
Yes, my question was whether the OP was required by the ADR booking system to have an Epcot reservation in order to book an ADR in an Epcot restaurant. If the system wouldn't let them book an Epcot ADR without an Epcot park reservation, that would be a major change, because in the past, even when everyone was required to have park reservations, you didn't need a park reservation to book an ADR, you just needed the appropriate park reservation in order to enter the park on the day of the ADR. This is the post I was asking to be clarified:
I ended up having to make a park reservation for Epcot on the day we’re going to Animal kingdom in order to make our Biergarten reservation

Yes, my question was whether the OP was required by the ADR booking system to have an Epcot reservation in order to book an ADR in an Epcot restaurant. If the system wouldn't let them book an Epcot ADR without an Epcot park reservation, that would be a major change, because in the past, even when everyone was required to have park reservations, you didn't need a park reservation to book an ADR, you just needed the appropriate park reservation in order to enter the park on the day of the ADR. This is the post I was asking to be clarified:

There was never a requirement to have a park reservation to book an ADR, even when all needed park reservations. Those systems are not linked together.

There was never a requirement to have a park reservation to book an ADR, even when all needed park reservations. Those systems are not linked together.
Exactly. That’s why I asked the OP to clarify whether the system required her to make a park reservation before booking the ADR, or she simply thought she had to. Her statement was quite specific:
I ended up having to make a park reservation for Epcot on the day we’re going to Animal kingdom in order to make our Biergarten reservation for our group.

Exactly. That’s why I asked the OP to clarify whether the system required her to make a park reservation before booking the ADR, or she simply thought she had to. Her statement was quite specific:
While she may have said that she had to switch her park reservation in order to book an ADR, it’s not representative of what many others have said and experienced. You can believe things based on what one person said or, based on what multiple others have experienced, including in this thread. You can also ask on the restaurants board what others have experienced.

There have been no changes announced that require an AP to have a park reservation to book an ADR. One person’s experience does not mean the entire ADR booking system has changed.

An AP is not required to have a park reservation to book an ADR. An AP does need a park reservation at that park to go to their ADR or, they can hold a park reservation for a different park, go to that park first and then hop (anytime after park opening and tapping into their booked park), to the park where they hold an ADR.

While she may have said that she had to switch her park reservation in order to book an ADR, it’s not representative of what many others have said and experienced. You can believe things based on what one person said or, based on what multiple others have experienced, including in this thread. You can also ask on the restaurants board what others have experienced.

There have been no changes announced that require an AP to have a park reservation to book an ADR. One person’s experience does not mean the entire ADR booking system has changed.

An AP is not required to have a park reservation to book an ADR. An AP does need a park reservation at that park to go to their ADR or, they can hold a park reservation for a different park, go to that park first and then hop (anytime after park opening and tapping into their booked park), to the park where they hold an ADR.
Yes, I know that very well, and I think you probably realize that I know that. However, I don’t want others to think the OP’s experience was the norm and that if their tickets require park reservations they have to reserve a park before booking an ADR inside that park.

To me, the fact the OP has not come back to clarify that they were mistaken and now realize they didn’t have to book an Epcot park reservation before booking an Epcot ADR means exactly that. So we don’t need to go around in this circle anymore.

Did Disney abandon the good to go day thing? Tried looking for a calendar but I’m not seeing anything…

They aren't abandoning the concept but I can't imagine they will do them during spring break time.
Agreed. When the parks are crowded, or might be crowded, they're still going to require APs and non-date-based tickets holders to make park reservations. Unfortunately, the way they're rolling out these GTG days is almost useless, because they're only coming out a couple days to a couple weeks in advance. By the time we knew there were GTG days announced in Jan, we were already there, and already had all our park reservations. I had much higher hopes for the GTG days process, but Disney doesn't appear ready to announce these days far enough in advance to make it a benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter