Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.

Congrats! And good luck with ROFR!!!

After making offers on about a dozen BLT contracts and being either flatly refused or seller only dropping price by a dollar or two per point, I am happy to say we just had one accepted and sent off to ROFR. A few more points that I was looking for (was looking for 150 -200), but really happy with the price and being fully loaded. Funny how easy it is to justify a few more points. Now the wait.

BTL 210 pts Feb UY, all 2012 points going forward, $90/point, buyer pays closing costs, admin fee and 2013 MF. Submitted on July 3rd to ROFR.

Congrats! We have been looing in that 25-75 point range and have one contract waiting to close (seller did come down $5/pt) and one contract here they refused to budge from the $115 asking price (and apparently got it). I get you pay more for small contracts, but $115 is just more than I will do.

Good luck!

Hi All!

This thread has been an incredible source of information and assistance in the resale purchase process so I wanted to post our timeline for anyone else who might benefit from it. We purchased 150 SSR points ($55 - 53 Oct 2013 points with 150 coming Oct 2014) through Fidelity. I wouldn't say that the communication was proactive, but I did receive timeline responses to all of my inquiries.

Wed, May 1st - Offered and accepted (we had made previous offers on a couple of different properties on which we couldn't come to an agreement during the week)
Wed, May 8th - Received and returned contract and on to ROFR
Tues, May 28th - ROFR was waived :) Happy day!
Thurs, June 13th - Received closing docs
Mon, June 17th - Closing docs and our check were received by the closing company
Mon, June 24th - Notified of closing from closing company
Tues, June 25th - Notified of closing from Fidelity
Fri, July 5th - Docs are available the Orange County Comptrollers site
Mon, July 8th - Received e-mail from DVC with activation code. Called DVC for member number and was told that we will receive member docs this week.

So, if ROFR had taken the full 30 days, then we would be at closer to 3 months start to finish on the purchase. While I would have liked for things to happen faster, I am okay with the timeline due to the purchase price we were able to negotiate and Sharon's responsiveness during the negotiation period.

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats, nice contract. Good luck with ROFR.

Hi All!

This thread has been an incredible source of information and assistance in the resale purchase process so I wanted to post our timeline for anyone else who might benefit from it. We purchased 150 SSR points ($55 - 53 Oct 2013 points with 150 coming Oct 2014) through Fidelity. I wouldn't say that the communication was proactive, but I did receive timeline responses to all of my inquiries.

Wed, May 1st - Offered and accepted (we had made previous offers on a couple of different properties on which we couldn't come to an agreement during the week)
Wed, May 8th - Received and returned contract and on to ROFR
Tues, May 28th - ROFR was waived :) Happy day!
Thurs, June 13th - Received closing docs
Mon, June 17th - Closing docs and our check were received by the closing company
Mon, June 24th - Notified of closing from closing company
Tues, June 25th - Notified of closing from Fidelity
Fri, July 5th - Docs are available the Orange County Comptrollers site
Mon, July 8th - Received e-mail from DVC with activation code. Called DVC for member number and was told that we will receive member docs this week.

So, if ROFR had taken the full 30 days, then we would be at closer to 3 months start to finish on the purchase. While I would have liked for things to happen faster, I am okay with the timeline due to the purchase price we were able to negotiate and Sharon's responsiveness during the negotiation period.

Good luck to everyone!!

Sharon just sent our docs into Disney today. Now we wait and pray.

These posts just made me sad, we put in our off 4/12 and our sellers still don't have our contracts back........ I think I wanna cry but I will just laugh instead.

These posts just made me sad, we put in our off 4/12 and our sellers still don't have our contracts back........ I think I wanna cry but I will just laugh instead.

You're not alone. I made an offer on 4/10, and the seller verbally accepted on 4/12, and I'm still waiting for the seller to sign. My money has been sitting at the title company for over a month...:confused3

Submitted 7/8/13

VB 150 points April UY - $40/point. 150 banked 2012 points, 150 2013 and all 150 going forward. Seller pays 2013 MFs and closing, buyer pays admin fee.

You're not alone. I made an offer on 4/10, and the seller verbally accepted on 4/12, and I'm still waiting for the seller to sign. My money has been sitting at the title company for over a month...:confused3

Good to know we aren't the only ones then. I was getting kinda worried they were gonna back out. You would think people would want their money.

Congrats! We have been looing in that 25-75 point range and have one contract waiting to close (seller did come down $5/pt) and one contract here they refused to budge from the $115 asking price (and apparently got it). I get you pay more for small contracts, but $115 is just more than I will do.

Good luck!

I agree that $115 is too high for resale, keep putting in offers. I know Disney is asking $165 for BLT but I wonder how long it will stay there and if some day it will be considered a classic resort and the price will drop?

Hoping to hear something today! Submitted on 6/14...thought I might get lucky and get word last week, but then realized that the holiday probably pushed everything back. Anyone from around my timeframe get the news yet? I think there are a few of you out there with a submit date close to mine...

Hoping to hear something today! Submitted on 6/14...thought I might get lucky and get word last week, but then realized that the holiday probably pushed everything back. Anyone from around my timeframe get the news yet? I think there are a few of you out there with a submit date close to mine...

I submitted 6/15 and am waiting. I originally expected to hear next week but it looks like it could be this week. Last week they seemed to push a ton through on 7/1 (maybe to get them all done before the holiday week?). If I remember correctly those who submitted through 6/11 heard last week. Crossing my fingers we hear something today one way or the other.

Also submitted on 6/14 and still waiting. Getting antsy!

Also submitted on 6/14 and still waiting. Getting antsy!

Hope you both get good news soon also :)

Just got an my email from my broker saying we passed:

30 BCV, Oct. UY $98/pt, all 2013, 2014 and 2015 points.

Submitted on 6/15 :hourglass

Just got an email from my broker saying that I passed! Glad to be moving on to the next step of this process. Hope that everyone else gets good news today!

Hettie---100 AKV (Mar), $73, 30 banked '12 points, all '13 points and forward, buyer pays closing and '13 mf (sub 6/14)

TTS sub 6/11 to Disney but we have not heard anything . Don't know what cause delay . Have a magical day to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter