• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone on the Jan 18 Western Cruise?

Maureen J

Earning My Ears
My husband, son and I are travelling on the Western Caribbean Cruise on January 18. We are traveling with another couple, their daughter and both of our mother-in-laws.

We've been on the Eastern Cruise twice and loved it. We are both looking forward to the Western cruise.

Is there anyone else on the boards that's going on the January 18 cruise?

Maureen

on the cruise with you but we won't know for sure if we're going for awhile. We've had it planned for months, made final payment, and now my Dad is having health problems. He sees a cardiologist Jan. 7th and if they plan surgery for the time we're supposed to be gone, we'll have to cancel. If they don't plan it until February, we'll still go. So, it's still "up in the air" for now. :(
Thank goodness for travel insurance!!!

My family of four will be on the Magic with you. My son is 12 and my daughter 10. We have previously done the land/sea Wonder trip and the seven day eastern . My daughter has a penpal from last years eastern and they have been writing for close to a year now...:) We're from Michigan.

Feel free to keep in touch!

Hubby (43) and I (39) will be on your cruise, too! First time on the Western. We've done the Eastern and just loved it.

Can't wait!
Tina :)

Chattyaholic,

We'll be praying for your dad. We get so excited about these cruises and WDW, but to have ones health is way more important.

Hang in there.
Tina

Chattyaholic, I hope everything works out so you can cruise w/ us. But at the same time I know you are concerned about your Dad. Family is most important. You can always go on a cruise.Best wishes to you all !

We will be on the Jan 18 Western with our 8 yo grandson. It's his 1st cruise, and he is very excited. We're flying in the day before,and plan to go to Kennedy Space Center, then check in at the Raddison.After the cruise we're spending one night at the Polynesian and plan to go to the Magic Kingdom. On the ship we'll be in one of the Navigator Verandahs. We stayed in one on the eastern cruise and really liked it.Nick is looking forward to the Lab and making some new friends.What is everyone doing in port ? We're going to go on our own in Key West...Nick wants to see the Ripley's museum and we want to take the trolley and see Hemingways house,etc. Think we might do the Sting Ray City snorkel tour thru Capt Marvins. In Cozumel we've signed up for the Fury Catamaran snorkel tour. Hope to see you guys on board! Happy Holidays to you !!

Chattyaholic, I hope everything works out so you can cruise w/ us. But at the same time I know you are concerned about your Dad. Family is most important. You can always go on a cruise.Best wishes to you all !

We will be on the Jan 18 Western with our 8 yo grandson. It's his 1st cruise, and he is very excited. We're flying in the day before,and plan to go to Kennedy Space Center, then check in at the Raddison.After the cruise we're spending one night at the Polynesian and plan to go to the Magic Kingdom. On the ship we'll be in one of the Navigator Verandahs. We stayed in one on the eastern cruise and really liked it.Nick is looking forward to the Lab and making some new friends.What is everyone doing in port ? We're going to go on our own in Key West...Nick wants to see the Ripley's museum and we want to take the trolley and see Hemingways house,etc. Think we might do the Sting Ray City snorkel tour thru Capt Marvins. In Cozumel we've signed up for the Fury Catamaran snorkel tour. Hope to see you guys on board! Happy Holidays to you !!:Pinkbounc

My daughter (13)and I will also be on the Jan.18th cruise. We will be sailing with a group from Disney Dollarless group. It is our first cruise and I am getting very excited. Only 51 more days....but who's counting:D We will be staying at the Radisson the night before the cruise.
Tracy

Chattyaholic - prayers and best wishes for your Fathers health.

Will be traveling with a group of 13.

We have 3 DD's (3-6&9), Nan's parents, another couple with DS (8) & DS (6) and a grandparent from each side.

This is our 3rd Disney cruise and first 7day...we can't wait.

its nice to meet you all. I realized I didn't put down my son's age. He's 3 1/2. My girlfriend's daugher is 6 years old. I didn't realize it was only 50 days away until I read the posts. I'm really looking forward to it.

Have any of you booked your excursions yet? DH and I have to sit and go through them and see what our options are with a 3 1/2 year old.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maureen;)

P.S. Chattyaholic - I hope all goes well for your father and that you can make it on the cruise. I know all too well, how stressful a time this can be. You and your father are in my prayers.

DH and I will be on the 1/18 Magic----no kids though---with the Disney Dollarless group [Hi, Flutter!] I can't believe its less than 50 days. We'll be staying at the Radisson the nite before. We haven't booked any excursions with Disney but will swim with stingrays with Nativeways!

Look for us on Deck 10 for the SailAway Party! :jester:

Arlene
Magic 1/18/03

Thank you so much everyone, for the good thoughts/prayers about my Dad. It's really sweet of you and I appreciate it so much. Yes, we can take a cruise anytime, my Dad's health is much more important. I'm an only child so they depend on me quite a bit, and we're very close. We're just going to take it as it comes and see what happens. We'll be packed and ready to go and will go if possible, but if we can't we'll just reschedule or do something else...maybe go to Hawaii. :D I'm going to be optimistic about the cruise though, because they called Nov. 20 to make the app. with the cardiologist and couldn't get in until Jan. 7th. So, when he sees the cardiologist I'm thinking they won't really "do anything" for a few weeks probably, so we'll still be able to take the cruise and be home again before they do any type of procedure/surgery. But we'll just wait and see and leave it in God's hands. Thanks again everyone!!!

Hello to all fellow 1/18 Westerners. We are anxiously waiting for the next 49 days to pass!

This is the first cruise for myself (turning 34 during the cruise), DH (33), DD's (4 & 8).

When we booked this a year ago it seemed like it would never come, so to avoid becoming too obsessed I have avoided logging onto this forum too much, although I have sneaked a few peaks :). But now it is almost here and I am starting to panic because I have so much to plan still. I haven't booked any excursions yet, and am also wondering how many of them we will really be able to do with a 4yo.

Chattyaholic, our prayers are with your Dad.

Hello!

My family is going on the Jan 18 western cruise. I am 13 and I'm traveling with my mom and stepdad. This is our 2nd cruise. Our 1st was in Jan 2001 and we thought it was great.

We met a really nice family on the last one, and we decided to meet up again on this cruise. But we heard from them a few weeks ago saying that they weren't going to go. We were bummed, but we still are going to go.

Can't wait to go!

Trevor K :smooth:

Hi Trevor,
Don't worry you can hang out with us :D Erica is looking forward to meeting you. As Arlene said we will be up on deck 10 during the Castaway Party. See you soon,
Tracy

We were booked on the Jan 18th cruise for our wedding anniversary celebration on Jan 20th, it's been an enjoyable tradition.

My Mother has health problems and is in a Nursing Home recovering from lung cancer and we know she still won't be doing really well by the cruise date, so we had to cancel. I'm still very interested and will be following your cruise thread though.

I knew it would be a major disappointment for my DW and I to cancel the cruise this year, so to soften the blow, I had our TA transfer our reservation from 1/18/03 to 1/17/04.

It will still be the Western itinerary, which is what she'd like to do. I enjoyed the Eastern route this past January so much that I'd be very happy to do it again soon. We went to the Western Caribbean and Cozumel in Jan of 2001 on another cruise line, before DCL announced their new route. They didn't stop in Grand Caymen and it was a 4 or 5 day cruise, don't remember exactly now, just that it was inferior.

Anyway, I'll be waving to you from my pc screen as I watch you on the Webcam on embarkation day.

as one who is is REALLY excited about this cruise - we've planned/saved/dreamed for many months/years, however I am 'taken back' by those who have changed cruise plans for family members with health challenges. First of all, my prayers and heartfelt blessings to chattyaholic and Albaits for making choices of family - over vacations. I, for one, have enjoyed their informative posts and ''life statements"...it would have been an honor to meet both - onboard.

Albaits - Chattyaholic...continued prayers and best wishes to you and yours...K

I finished my Christmas shopping over the weekend. Now I'm ready to pack for the cruise!

(Sung to the tune of Santa Claus is Coming to Town)
Making a list, checking it twice gonna pack stuff that's fancy and nice. My Disney Cruise is coming up soon...:p

My cruise list is way longer than my Christmas list!

Loved your song...Just to let you know I have adopted it and will be singing it as I pack, too!

WHERE ARE MY DOCS????????

I can't stand it!LOL LOL!

Arlene:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Since we booked through AAA, I bet our Docs have to go through the TA before they come to us. Christmas will slow them down too. It might be a good thing if I don't get them until AFTER Christmas though - I can remain focused on the holidays. I just want to check my cruise list one more time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter