Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

Interesting e-mail from Sirius XM today:
What's Changing?
Audio Subscription Plans are becoming Non-Refundable, and we are updating when changes you make to your Audio plan will take effect.
Non-Monthly Subscriptions (quarterly, semi-annual, annual renewals)
•​
If you cancel or change your subscription within 30 days of your initial purchase or renewal charge, your subscription is eligible for a pro-rata refund if requested.​
•​
Cancellations or changes after such 30-day period will take effect at the end of your paid subscription term and are not eligible for a refund.​
•​
If you decide to upgrade your service after such 30-day period, we will change your plan upon request and apply a credit toward your future renewal charges. No refunds will be given for any non-refundable plan.​

Monthly Subscriptions (month-to-month renewals)
•​
Monthly subscriptions will be non-refundable, unless they are cancelled within the first 7 days of your initial purchase.​
•​
If you cancel a monthly subscription after such 7-day period, your subscription will continue through the end of your already paid subscription term.​
•​
Any changes to your subscription will occur at the end of your already paid term, except if you decide to upgrade your service for additional programming, which change will take effect immediately.​

Car + Streaming Plans
If you sell or transfer your car, you can transfer your service to another car. Selling or trading in your car or not using the service does not cancel your subscription. If you don't have another car, you can continue listening through our Streaming Service. No refunds or credits will be given if you don't have a car or standalone radio on your plan or if you don't use the service. As a courtesy, and solely if we receive records that your car has been sold and/or traded, we may automatically transfer service to your new vehicle. If we need to terminate the service on your car or standalone radio and cannot keep your Streaming Service active, we will cancel your subscription and issue a pro-rata refund for any remaining prepaid time. The above changes impact Audio subscription plans only. The terms for Aviation, Marine, Infotainment and Commercial Fleet subscriptions remain unchanged.​

So, I cancelled my Sirius XM radio this week. My expiring deal was $76/year, including taxes and fees. Their offer to try to keep me was ~$95.

i work from home 4 days a week, so I’m driving considerably less than a few years ago, so, I’m not even sure I’m going to miss it.

Now, if I get an awesome “bounce back” offer, maybe I’ll reconsider.

So, I cancelled my Sirius XM radio this week. My expiring deal was $76/year, including taxes and fees. Their offer to try to keep me was ~$95.

i work from home 4 days a week, so I’m driving considerably less than a few years ago, so, I’m not even sure I’m going to miss it.

I don't drive that often but constantly use the App at home.

I don't drive that often but constantly use the App at home.
I rarely listen to music at home, but if I did need it, my husband will not ever give up his Sirrius subscription.

I'm guessing you'll be getting the $4/month offer in a few weeks. I get those emails and letters at least once a month for the 2 cars we discontinued service on a year ago.

I always try to negotiate my annual Sirius XM subscription. My subscription is up in April, abe I will not be renewing for the list price of $247.58.

i probably listen to it for about 1-2 hours a month. If DH is in the car with me, that time will go up, DH loves Sirius radio.

For me, this service is worth about $50/year, including all the fees. For DH, in my car, he feels the service is worth $100.

what have you all recently negotiated for?
thanks!
My husband got it down to some ridiculous price--he also hooked it up to our Alexa's which is infinitely valuable. I also have some special cord for my car so I can listen.

I happened to take my new car in for some routine service and the next day XM sent me an email offering 3 free months of their radio for some reason I can't recall...........LOL. Still think it is a waste of money, but apparently they seem desperate to attract new customers. Don't recall ever getting that type of 'free' offer when doing other routine service on my vehicle.

I had a $5/month subscription that just ended. I renewed for $7/month. They threw in a few more channels which I'll probably never listen to. I might have been able to haggle it back down to $5/month but the girl was nice so hopefully she gets the extra $2/month commission.

I happened to take my new car in for some routine service and the next day XM sent me an email offering 3 free months of their radio for some reason I can't recall...........LOL. Still think it is a waste of money, but apparently they seem desperate to attract new customers. Don't recall ever getting that type of 'free' offer when doing other routine service on my vehicle.
It is all we listen to anymore. But I do get tired of them pushing their app, which I can't get because my subscription level isn't high enough. Why would I tie up my cell phone when I have a perfectly good stereo in my car? We have Dish Network and Sirius is free on my TV which has a nice sound bar. And one of my cars has the aftermarket receiver that can be snapped in and out and I have a very nice boom box I can snap it into.

...But I do get tired of them pushing their app, which I can't get because my subscription level isn't high enough. Why would I tie up my cell phone when I have a perfectly good stereo in my car? ...
They want people to keep listening when they out for a walk/run or in the gym etc. and are not in their car. Or if in their car they can listen channels their car Sirius/XM receiver is unable to.

But I do get a kick out of the fact that they constantly call the app new updated, or what ever the terminology they use is. They have been calling it that for at least 5 years and apps are always being updated etc.

In late 2023 we got an offer for three months free after we had some service done on a used car we bought back in 2019. Not sure why they never sent us any kind of offer before that. Since that offer didn't require a credit card, they sent another offer to sign up for another three more months at about $2 total. I suspect this was just to grab our payment details so they could put us on auto renew al. Looking at our account it looks like it renews monthly for about $35/month. No thanks.

We had XM on a vehicle many years ago and would do the call in thing about every four months to cancel and they would sign us up for another four months for about $4 a month. This was after they went thorugh several other retention offers for like $95 for a year. After turning all those down would they offers they would finally offer the $4 a month deal.

How hard is it these days to cancel? Our subscription doesn't end until sometime in mid April but we only drive the vehicle for errands and the odd road trip. But we have an internal drive in the vehicle loaded with music and also have a phone which we could stream but we often listen to podcasts on long drives. I went through the process to cancel online then it came up that I had to chat to cancel. Do they still make it a pain? The six months for $2 was great, but don't really even want to renew even for a very low price because we simply don't use it enough

Just cancelled my subscription too.
It was great for road-trips but not taking any road-trips anymore .

I pay $32 a month and love it. I have all the channels including all sports play by play. I use it at home on the app plus we do a lot of road trips

They want people to keep listening when they out for a walk/run or in the gym etc. and are not in their car. Or if in their car they can listen channels their car Sirius/XM receiver is unable to.

But I do get a kick out of the fact that they constantly call the app new updated, or what ever the terminology they use is. They have been calling it that for at least 5 years and apps are always being updated etc.
I don't have the app but from the posts I have seen on social media is it a total mess. Updated, or not.

I got an email today that it's $1/week. That's about as cheap as you can get, I think. I might look into it. As long as I have all the sports channels and Prime Country (that's all I listened to when we had it in our work trucks), then I"m fine with paying $4 per month. I can't pay it all up front. But I can definitely handle $4/month on a monthly payment system.

The app is better. There are so many stations. Definitely worth 5-10 per month if you use it between the music and sports channels. Actually, the sound in my car is better using the app than using XM radio from my car even through that may sound weird.

In late 2023 we got an offer for three months free after we had some service done on a used car we bought back in 2019. Not sure why they never sent us any kind of offer before that. Since that offer didn't require a credit card, they sent another offer to sign up for another three more months at about $2 total. I suspect this was just to grab our payment details so they could put us on auto renew al. Looking at our account it looks like it renews monthly for about $35/month. No thanks.

We had XM on a vehicle many years ago and would do the call in thing about every four months to cancel and they would sign us up for another four months for about $4 a month. This was after they went thorugh several other retention offers for like $95 for a year. After turning all those down would they offers they would finally offer the $4 a month deal.

How hard is it these days to cancel? Our subscription doesn't end until sometime in mid April but we only drive the vehicle for errands and the odd road trip. But we have an internal drive in the vehicle loaded with music and also have a phone which we could stream but we often listen to podcasts on long drives. I went through the process to cancel online then it came up that I had to chat to cancel. Do they still make it a pain? The six months for $2 was great, but don't really even want to renew even for a very low price because we simply don't use it enough
this is interesting. I got that offer, and the extra three months offer recently. My car was in for service, but I thought it was before it was in for service. I will have to see if I can find the dates.

Edited to add, it was a couple of weeks or so after my service. I never connected the two. Interesting.

Last edited:
Just go to the chat and keep typing "cancel" until they stop with the offers.

Tell them you sold the car and no longer own it right up front even if you didn't. That's what I did a year or so ago (when I did sell my car) and did not have to deal with the "we have a better offer" BS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter