• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? What, Where and for who?

Just started Christmas shopping in the last 2 weeks. I only shop for my four kids, so you'd think that would be "easy" but it gets more complicated/expensive as they get older.

So far what I've got:

DS(5) - Legos - (on sale at walmart)
DS(12) - Podcast microphone (on sale at amazon)
DD(15) - 3D Printing Pen and a big set of refill filaments for it (on sale at amazon)

Still need to get:

DD(21) - New wheeled luggage set - she and her fiance are going to visit my family up north in January and it's something she really needs!

Definitely not done shopping yet, but by paying attention I've grabbed some stuff at great prices, and I'm way ahead of where I was at this point last year.

I can't believe its the middle of October already. OP, when you started this thread it seemed like Christmas was so far away, and now it will be here before you know it!

I think I'm pretty much all set on ideas now, just need to go out and actually shop. We will not be taking the kids to Universal even though dh was on board with the idea because we decided to use the trip money for something else. That also means dh and I will be very budget with eachother this year.

DH- a custom wood driveway sign I saw on Etsy. I will also fill his stocking with practical stuff and snacks.

FIL- a GC to a place online that he can buy ammo pretty cheap. He likes to target practice but has a hard time finding ammo where he lives.

MIL- a variety of herbal teas, a handmade heating/cooling pad gift basket.

Dad- pay for his subscription to some sports channel. It won't be a surprise since I have to ask him what one he gets.
This may change, he may not tell me so I don't spend money on him LOL. If that doesn't work, I'll get him an Amazon GC for his Kindle Fire. I'll also order him a huge box of Kcups that he likes but can't get where he lives.

Grandma- GC to her grocery store, flowers & good chocolates.

Ds (16)- hoodies and some shirts, xtra data cards for his phone, whatever video game he asks for. Still not sure about his big gift though.

Ds(13)- I already bought him a basketball jersey, a basketball lamp for his room and some basket mini string lights to put up above his bed (he's in a bottom bunk). I will also get him a pair or expensive sneakers.

Dd- still planning on giving her cash so she's finished.
To open I got her a few things and this print https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017PGCRT8/ref=pd_luc_rh_sbs_01_01_t_img_lh?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
She is going to love it.

I got my best friend and her dh done, and one of her dd's. Her other dd will get a Barnes and Noble GC because she loves to read, and her ds will get a Michaels GC so he can get art supplies.

That is all who we buy for so I am in good shape. My goal is to have everything bought by Thanksgiving. I am going to put my tree up the day and start wrapping.

Just got 2 of my nieces the mermaid blankets, and a panda coin stealing bank for DD. My Prime membership just ended and I really miss it - did not renew thinking I was fine before it :( Did not realize for free shipping it is now $50. I thought it was just recently they changed it from $25 to $35, guess not lol

Someone on another thread posted a free shutterfly calendar code that expires tomorrow. It's LUCKYU.

One more gift done for Grandma!

I went to Kohl's today and used the 30% off coupon to get a shirt for DH, a jacket for my sister and a sweater for my mom.

We discussed it as a family--my youngest is now 10--and I think we'll do a big family gift this year, of Amazon Echo Dots. I was originally going to get one for DS10--he asks a MILLION questions--but in looking at it, the whole family thought it would be cool to get half a dozen and put them around the house. Mostly for music. We've never done a family splurge at Christmas before, but since we no longer have believers in the house, it's do-able now.

I returned all but one thing I bought dd14 for her birthday so I told her we may need to take her shopping and just buy what she wants during the trip. I'll wrap it and hopefully she'll forget about it before Christmas. I asked her if that would ruin it for her and she said definitely not! She thought that would be much better for her. I still have a few surprises that I'm sure she'll like - I'm planning to get her a gift card to a nail salon and another gift card to an arcade place that has go carts, games and mini golf.

I have and doing pretty well. My 2 nephews are done, my sister's BF is done, and my soon to be SIL is done. I have more planned to start soon.

Picked up a Little People Nativity set for my little 2 y/o niece for 19.99 + tax, shipped from Toys r Us today! Also grabbed a couple of Disney Infinity 3.0 at Walmart for about $5 each on clearance.

BFAds . net has published the Toys R Us Big Book of awesome and I got a couple of good ideas from that for the older 2 kids. I'm thinking a drone of some sort for DS10 and the Num Noms lipgloss truck and easy bake oven for DD7. I'm getting super excited!!

I'm looking for a deal on a Nintendo 3DS XL. I think I'll wait until Black Friday and see if any bundle deals show up.

Bought DD (just moved into her first house) 4 place settings of Fiesta dinnerware from Kohls. On sale with an additional 20% off plus an additional 10.00 off coupon for household purchase and each set came with a free purchase item (got matching fruit bowls). Used some Kohl's cash I had to spend and got some additional Kohl's cash from the purchase. Felt like I got a great deal as long as the order doesn't end up cancelled - I've had that happen previously......Kohl's cash - anyone else feel like that's a never ending circle!?! Lol

Bought DD (just moved into her first house) 4 place settings of Fiesta dinnerware from Kohls. On sale with an additional 20% off plus an additional 10.00 off coupon for household purchase and each set came with a free purchase item (got matching fruit bowls). Used some Kohl's cash I had to spend and got some additional Kohl's cash from the purchase. Felt like I got a great deal as long as the order doesn't end up cancelled - I've had that happen previously......Kohl's cash - anyone else feel like that's a never ending circle!?! Lol
I just ordered two sets for a gift on that same deal. It's the first time I've ordered fiesta by mail. I hope it's not cancelled! Now I'm concerned - do they cancel frequently?

I just scored a great deal at Kohls on a Melissa and Doug play kitchen. It was already on sale and then 30% off and $10 off toys bringing it almost half price. I earned $20 kohls cash. Yes Kohls cash can be a vicious cycle, but sometimes I just try and buy something for the value of the kohls cash and that breaks it (but that is easier said than done) ;0)

I just ordered two sets for a gift on that same deal. It's the first time I've ordered fiesta by mail. I hope it's not cancelled! Now I'm concerned - do they cancel frequently?

In the last three years I've had two items cancelled after placing an order. Both times were during their Black Friday sale. I believe it was a jersey once and a blanket the other time. Something like that anyway. Received an email a day or two later stating they were sorry but the ordered item was no longer in stock. The only reason I am nervous this time is that I started the order on my phone and then tried to switch to my computer. Once on the computer I tried to change my 'free item' and the next thing I knew all the dishes were 'out of stock'. They were still there on my phone so I went ahead and placed the order there. Hopefully it was just a fluke on my computer! I haven't tried to look again to see what's in stock. Just keeping my fingers crossed that my order is okay!!!!!

I just scored a great deal at Kohls on a Melissa and Doug play kitchen. It was already on sale and then 30% off and $10 off toys bringing it almost half price. I earned $20 kohls cash. Yes Kohls cash can be a vicious cycle, but sometimes I just try and buy something for the value of the kohls cash and that breaks it (but that is easier said than done) ;0)
Awesome deal! Love it when that happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter