AoA or POR for a surprise trip

PiratesMommy

Earning My Ears
We are surprising our kids with a trip to Orlando. The first three days we are staying offsite at a golf resort so my son and husband can play golf. The last 4 days we plan to stay on site and hit the parks. My dd is 9 and still very much into the princesses and the “magic” of it all.

We have stayed at CBR, POR, AKL, BW, YC, BC, Poly, CR, BLT, GF...this trip is really just about giving her a great experience every step of the way. I asked her a hypothetical question...”which resort would you love to stay at IF you could go back to Disney?” She responded POR or AoA.

With the princess theme in mind, what do you think she will enjoy more, POR in a royal room or AoA in a LM room? Any advice appreciated..

I think Disney really goes above and beyond with the theming of the rooms at AOA. I’ve heard some adults say they think it’s too much, but I think it’s perfect for kids. The theming of the resort is great too, We have fun just walking around and looking at everything. and the big blue pool is very popular. The only downside I see you to the little mermaid rooms is that they’re far from the buses. But at the same time, you do so much walking at Disney, what’s a little more going to hurt?

Royal Rooms have queen beds while LM rooms are doubles. Royal rooms are also a lot bit bigger and have head boards that light up which are pretty cool. AOA is actually one of my favorite resorts because feels very disney. There's a lot of character statues to take pictures with and the lobby is always playing disney songs by pop artists. The resort also has Skyliner service.

I'd pick the Royal Rooms. They combine multiple princesses while the Little Mermaid room only has Ariel. It's a really long walk to/from the busses to the room, and usually walking never bothers me. Plus the antebellum style mansions might help with the grandeur of it all.

There's no way i'd pick LM rooms simply because they have DOUBLE beds. It would be a tight squeeze for you guys. I'd definitely go with POR royal rooms.

I'm not exactly the Royal Room demographic, but we ended up with one on our last trip when we booked through Delta Vacations and I thought it was great. POR is already my favorite moderate (actually edging out AKL).

Another vote for POR. My daughter loved the royal rooms but it wasn't too over the top. My son snd the rest of us loved it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter