AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

saturday evening I was told by disney that the extension is for almost 4 months. Agent said exact date of park closure.

I am miffed, of course, we have resort reservations and platinum pass. No guaranteed admission during our August trip and can't park hop. Why would the extension not be longer?

saturday evening I was told by disney that the extension is for almost 4 months. Agent said exact date of park closure.

I am miffed, of course, we have resort reservations and platinum pass. No guaranteed admission during our August trip and can't park hop. Why would the extension not be longer?
The parks closed March 15th and they are reopening July 11, that's 4 months, why would it be longer?

The parks closed March 15th and they are reopening July 11, that's 4 months, why would it be longer?

Because it was longer than the initial closure in Shanghai, the only other Disney park that we have for reference. They're extending for the length of the reservation period as well for those passholders, so unless Disney has explicitly said that they will not be following that model at WDW, we still can't be sure either way. And the exact timing will absolutely influence what option some people choose to take.

Universal also added extra time to their extensions, so, again, there is precedent for extra time and we need to have details confirmed before we can make our decision properly.

because I want to get in. Between a resort reservation and a platinum pass with no blackout dates. I want to know I can get into the parks. If I can only get in half of the days of my trip, I want an extension. I get everyone needs to be able to get into the parks and they need to limit. Just extend my AP a few days then. Flying from out of state. I can't just drop in when I can snag an opening.

I m just the messenger, not sure why everyone is so upset, they haven't announced anything. Again, never expect anything than what you paid for. SDL might have done things one way doesn't mean WDW will do the same, or they might extend longer, we don't know.
Everyone getting upset before things are announced is a waste of energy in my opinion

By the by, Universal is winning this whole reopening. Been on the reservation page for Sea World since 10am and the page is completely glitched, I expect same if not worse problems when Disney releases their reservation system page

I m just the messenger, not sure why everyone is so upset, they haven't announced anything. Again, never expect anything than what you paid for. SDL might have done things one way doesn't mean WDW will do the same, or they might extend longer, we don't know.
Everyone getting upset before things are announced is a waste of energy in my opinion
agree but it does impact whether we get a partial refund and if there is a timeline for that....

paying over a $1000 per person for tickets is a lot when you only are able to make it there a few times a year top

By the by, Universal is winning this whole reopening. Been on the reservation page for Sea World since 10am and the page is completely glitched, I expect same if not worse problems when Disney releases their reservation system page
How is Universal limiting the number of visitors on a given day? Or are they?

I am not upset at all, if they only extend the 4 months. But you suggested above that we have to choose extension or refund, before they make an announcement, that will upset me. Then you suggest not to get upset before they make an announcement LOL.

How is Universal limiting the number of visitors on a given day? Or are they?
they have a capacity but have not reached it yet. No reservations required. I don't know why SW would go the reservation route, I doubt they will hit capacity now either

I am not upset at all, if they only extend the 4 months. But you suggested above that we have to choose extension or refund, before they make an announcement, that will upset me. Then you suggest not to get upset before they make an announcement LOL.
I am not suggesting anything, this is what people on the news and rumor board that are "in the know" have said.
You don't need to call and decide now, I'm just saying that if you don't you MIGHT be out of luck all together.
We don't know when they will announce a deadline to pick'We don't know when the reservation system will open
We don't know IF the reservation system will open same day as the day you have to pick

I covered my bases and back in April I called and put a note in my reservation that I wanted it extended because it works for me
Check the math for the actual closing times (4 months) if that doesn't work for you then I'm assuming you are leaning toward refund. Don't expect anything more

I am not suggesting anything, this is what people on the news and rumor board that are "in the know" have said.
You don't need to call and decide now, I'm just saying that if you don't you MIGHT be out of luck all together.

My dilemma: I live in Pennsylvania and I am a Platinum Plus Annual Passholder. I planned to be at Disney May 22-May 26. Had to cancel those plans. I planned to be at Disney June 26-July 5. Had to cancel those plans. Now I can't come down until August, but these new rules are so restrictive that I can't plan a trip down with my son.

The guidance from states that my AP does not guarantee park admission and only a certain number of days may be reserved at one time.

According to Disney, I can't plan a thousand mile trip to Florida with any type of guarantee that I'm going to get into ANY park, let alone park hopping and all those other "perks" I paid for with the pass. That pretty much makes my two very expensive platinum plus annual passes completely unusable to me and my son during the park reservation period.

Last edited:
they have a capacity but have not reached it yet. No reservations required. I don't know why SW would go the reservation route, I doubt they will hit capacity now either
Gotcha. I wonder what the plan is if they do reach capacity. They must have a back-up plan. Would they just start turning people away?

My dilemma: I live in Pennsylvania and I am a Platinum Plus Annual Passholder. I planned to be at Disney May 22-May 26. Had to cancel those plans. I planned to be at Disney June 26-July 5. Had to cancel those plans. Now I can't come down until August, but these new rules are so restrictive that I can't plan a trip down with my son.

The guidance from states that my AP does not guarantee park admission and only a certain number of days may be reserved at one time.

According to Disney, I can't plan a thousand mile trip to Florida with any type of guarantee that I'm going to get into ANY park, let alone park hopping and all those other "perks" I paid for with the pass. That pretty much makes my two very expensive platinum plus annual pass completely unusable to me and my son during the park reservation period.
I understand that, which is why it's a personal decision. If the math doesn't make sense I would not extend and ask for a refund.
I live 20 minutes away, visit the parks often and for me it makes sense to extend rather than refund because I know I'm renewing no matter what.

WDW has been going on a downhill trend in costumer service and lack of communication for a very long time now. If you're not happy with the way they are dealing with this (and if I was traveling thousands of miles I would be upset) you can check other options in Orlando or other vacation destinations while this craziness gets sorted out
They have already given all AP a heads up that perks and amenities associated with the AP will not be available, maybe it'll be no photopass, or park hopping (this is almost a guaranteed at this point) so definitely, if it doesn't make financial sense to extend, take the refund

I understand that, which is why it's a personal decision. If the math doesn't make sense I would not extend and ask for a refund.
I live 20 minutes away, visit the parks often and for me it makes sense to extend rather than refund because I know I'm renewing no matter what.

WDW has been going on a downhill trend in costumer service and lack of communication for a very long time now. If you're not happy with the way they are dealing with this (and if I was traveling thousands of miles I would be upset) you can check other options in Orlando or other vacation destinations while this craziness gets sorted out
They have already given all AP a heads up that perks and amenities associated with the AP will not be available, maybe it'll be no photopass, or park hopping (this is almost a guaranteed at this point) so definitely, if it doesn't make financial sense to extend, take the refund

They are only refunding the time the parks are closed--not a full refund for the entire remaining balance of the pass itself. If they did, I would consider it. The park reservation system makes my pass useless to me during the park reservation system period.

Best way to resolve this:

1. Extend the suspension of time for all WDW annual passes through the WDW park reservation period.

2. Allow WDW AP holders the ability to make reservations during the park reservation period, subject to WDW restrictions.

3. Subtract the number of park days used by a WDW AP holder during the park reservation period from the total number of days added to his or her WDW annual pass from March 16, 2020 to the end of the park reservation period.

yeah, just like Disney when they hit capacity
Wow, so also a gamble if you're planning a visit from out of state.

Back to Disney APs - I sure wish they'd announce something soon. This waiting game is so frustrating. I understand that they're probably still working out all the details and can't go public with something half baked, but the longer it takes the more frustrated I get about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter