AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

They are only refunding the time the parks are closed--not a full refund for the entire remaining balance of the pass itself. If they did, I would consider it. The park reservation system makes my pass useless to me during the park reservation system period.
but why would the refund you money when the park is open? the refund is for the days that the parks were closed, you signed a contract, read it carefully. Expecting Disney to do something extra is setting yourself up to being upset. I say this with no ill will. You paid for 365 days of park operations. They can, for whatever reason deny entry into an open park, the AP doesn't guarantee you access into the parks everyday.

Wow, so also a gamble if you're planning a visit from out of state.

Back to Disney APs - I sure wish they'd announce something soon. This waiting game is so frustrating. I understand that they're probably still working out all the details and can't go public with something half baked, but the longer it takes the more frustrated I get about it.
I have a gut feeling we will get info on June 11th since that marks the 30 days prior. I sure hope so

My dilemma: I live in Pennsylvania and I am a Platinum Plus Annual Passholder. I planned to be at Disney May 22-May 26. Had to cancel those plans. I planned to be at Disney June 26-July 5. Had to cancel those plans. Now I can't come down until August, but these new rules are so restrictive that I can't plan a trip down with my son.

The guidance from states that my AP does not guarantee park admission and only a certain number of days may be reserved at one time.

According to Disney, I can't plan a thousand mile trip to Florida with any type of guarantee that I'm going to get into ANY park, let alone park hopping and all those other "perks" I paid for with the pass. That pretty much makes my two very expensive platinum plus annual passes completely unusable to me and my son during the park reservation period.
If it makes you feel better, I think the "doesn't guarantee park admission" thing is a CYA. I feel like that has to be in the fine print on any pass or ticket, because technically if the park hits capacity or there's an emergency (hurricane pandemic etc) and they close, they need to be able to say that a ticket doesn't guarantee entry. I'm in a similar boat, same as many passholders, that I'm out of state and need to know what's going on before I head down there. Delta says I can't move my flight again so I know I'll at least be in Orlando July 17-21. Now I'm just waiting on Disney to either extend my pass or refund me (which I'll use to buy USO/SW tickets for while I'm there). That's at least one good thing about no fastpasses or ADR's - if the trip does happen I won't feel like I need to scramble to plan things!

but why would the refund you money when the park is open? the refund is for the days that the parks were closed, you signed a contract, read it carefully. Expecting Disney to do something extra is setting yourself up to being upset. I say this with no ill will. You paid for 365 days of park operations. They can, for whatever reason deny entry into an open park, the AP doesn't guarantee you access into the parks everyday.
Oh I don't disagree. I'm an attorney, I know terms and conditions. I'm also aware that standing firm isn't always the best PR move.

nothing has been reported by Disney but some people that seem ïn the know¨over on the news and rumor thread have said to do it as soon as you can. The thinking is that once the reservation system opens you will need to have everything set. If you are on the monthly payment plan call 888 701 4100

This is frustrating, because when I've emailed Disney about how neither of the two options are really sufficient for my family, since even when the parks reopen we can't visit, and many people are being limited by doctor's orders, travel restrictions, etc., they told me that while at this time they only have the partial refund or extension available, to wait and check back with them at the end of the month.

If I check back with them after being told to wait and am told that it's too late to get the partial refund, I would be pretty upset.

This is frustrating, because when I've emailed Disney about how neither of the two options are really sufficient for my family, since even when the parks reopen we can't visit, and many people are being limited by doctor's orders, travel restrictions, etc., they told me that while at this time they only have the partial refund or extension available, to wait and check back with them at the end of the month.

If I check back with them after being told to wait and am told that it's too late to get the partial refund, I would be pretty upset.
And Disney knows that there will be a lot of upset people once they give out the final rules on all of this. I feel for the poor phone CM that will get yelled at on a call to call basis

Has Disney confirmed that a full pro-rated refund will be offered to APs, based on the closure period? If that is the intent, their choice of language is ambiguous, IMO. The colored bolding in their quote is mine. Also, it states that 'APs will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.' It states plural, parks. According to the current info, only two of the parks will open on the 11th, with the other two opening on the 15th (excluding the water parks). So, if you take Disney at their word, the refunds or extensions on APs should at least be using July 15, not July 11, as the magic date with which to base calculations for refunds/extensions.

If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
All active Walt Disney World Resort theme park and water park Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks.
As an alternative, and in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the park closure period. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.

Has Disney confirmed that a full pro-rated refund will be offered to APs, based on the closure period? If that is the intent, their choice of language is ambiguous, IMO. The colored bolding in their quote is mine. Also, it states that 'APs will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.' It states plural, parks. According to the current info, only two of the parks will open on the 11th, with the other two opening on the 15th (excluding the water parks). So, if you take Disney at their word, the refunds or extensions on APs should at least be using July 15, not July 11, as the magic date with which to base calculations for refunds/extensions.
they have not confirmed if it will be the 11th or 15.

It’s too bad we apparently have to make the decision soon before we know exactly what the extension will be.

I have no idea what we’re going to do. I’m still hoping Disney will work with us on an individual level, but it’s hard to even do that when CMs don’t have any more info than us. Our passes were bought with the intention to cover 2 trips, and I think it was 17 or 18 park days total. We are out of country passholders, the bulk of the days fell in March and were cancelled, leaving us with an AP used for 6 days and us unlikely to return before they expire if the extension is just 4 months.

yes, what I´m saying is people need to call and let them know that they are choosing the extension and they will put a note on the ap
But that wasn't offered as an option. It was basically, "we have no answers, we know nothing."

it is an option because I did it. You can call again.
I spent almost eight hours trying to reach a CM. Seven hours of busy signals and another hour on hold. I may or may not receive the same information. Expired APs, DVC points, airline reservations, plus the list of "noes and I don't know"...not up for the same frustration just yet.

I spent almost eight hours trying to reach a CM. Seven hours of busy signals and another hour on hold. I may or may not receive the same information. Expired APs, DVC points, airline reservations, plus the list of "noes and I don't know"...not up for the same frustration just yet.
I just called and waited 5 min. Up to you obviously :D

I also just called and waited a minimal amount of time. I wanted to find out if any pricing on the partial refund has been determined (the answer was not yet). We have a trip booked for mid-August and there is a lot to consider before deciding whether or not we are going to travel.

because I want to get in. Between a resort reservation and a platinum pass with no blackout dates. I want to know I can get into the parks. If I can only get in half of the days of my trip, I want an extension. I get everyone needs to be able to get into the parks and they need to limit. Just extend my AP a few days then. Flying from out of state. I can't just drop in when I can snag an opening.
Yes! You can only choose one park/day. If APs were restricted to one park per day, I can guarantee that people would not pay the price it is now. If that were the restriction then (one park per day) the price would need to be slightly more than the Epcot pass.
I have not gotten to use my pass that I renewed in December.

another good point....partial refund akin to a more restrictive pass....hadn't thought of that but 100% spot on. Honestly, as out of state visitors we only have a few AP options. I'm not even aware of the numerous other ones available. We park hop everyday we are at wdw and no, we would not have paid $3000+ to be restricted to one park a day.

And, yes, I understand they need to limit visitors in this unprecedented time. the number of out of state platinum AP holders will likely diminish greatly over the next several years.

another good point....partial refund akin to a more restrictive pass....hadn't thought of that but 100% spot on. Honestly, as out of state visitors we only have a few AP options. I'm not even aware of the numerous other ones available. We park hop everyday we are at wdw and no, we would not have paid $3000+ to be restricted to one park a day.

And, yes, I understand they need to limit visitors in this unprecedented time. the number of out of state platinum AP holders will likely diminish greatly over the next several years.
Yeah, hindsight is 20/20 - as in, 2020 was not the year to buy an AP!! I have to laugh about it or I'll cry.

Quoting fine print is fine for awareness but I think it is fair to say that those who purchase AP have a reasonable expectation that at least all parks will be open, that they should have reasonable access (I.e. not restricted in advance) and that park hopping option is available to them. I think Disney would be well served to extend refund / extension period Until these are possible .

In DSL I believe they told AP's their pass would be extended including the days that they did the park reservation system, but they haven't said if that'll be the case here. I wonder if they haven't worked out what the best solution would be yet or if they're waiting for something before they announce whatever the solution is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter