AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Been trying to chat with Disney on the site and no luck so figured I would ask on here. Our passes expire towards the end of July. We currently have weekday select(summer blacked out) and are going to upgrade to Gold when we are eligible to renew towards the end of May. My question is does the new pass go into effect the day we renew/upgrade or when the current one expires? We would like to be able to go to the parks throughout the summer. Thanks.
When you renew, the new pass goes into effect on the expiration date of the old one. It doesn’t matter if you upgrade, downgrade or stay at the same level.

I called March 20th and spoke to a very pleasant CM about re-purchasing my AP that I did not renew due to Covid19. She said I definitely fell into that time frame for being considered and would be placed on the call back list. I would be getting a call within 30 days. Today is April 20th and a very nice CM just called me... I was able to repurchase my Gold pass!

I called March 20th and spoke to a very pleasant CM about re-purchasing my AP that I did not renew due to Covid19. She said I definitely fell into that time frame for being considered and would be placed on the call back list. I would be getting a call within 30 days. Today is April 20th and a very nice CM just called me... I was able to repurchase my Gold pass!

When did your last AP expire?

I'm getting so impatient for them to offer APs again! I want to buy one! I was a DL AP for years but just moved from CA to TX so was planning to get the WDW AP. I am almost full vaccinated and would like to buy one!! Please offer them again Disney! It's not worth it to buy full price tickets when you want an AP.

Weird, our gold APs will expire next month since we got the extension from December, but, they are only giving me option of getting the upgraded ones and not the Gold one. This is on my disney experience app.

Weird, our gold APs will expire next month since we got the extension from December, but, they are only giving me option of getting the upgraded ones and not the Gold one. This is on my disney experience app.
are they DVC Gold AP? If so, you have to call, you can't renew gold online.

Hi,

I would like to apply the cost of a 4 day magic your way ticket I currently have (and currently using for park reservations for our early May Trip) toward a recovery Platinum Annual Pass. I took the refund for my original annual pass that would have expired in Nov 2020. We are staying at the Dolphin for our upcoming trip. Can I go to HS or EP ticketing or guest services on our first night to do this or should I go to DS guest services?

Thanks,

Becky

Hi,

I would like to apply the cost of a 4 day magic your way ticket I currently have (and currently using for park reservations for our early May Trip) toward a recovery Platinum Annual Pass. I took the refund for my original annual pass that would have expired in Nov 2020. We are staying at the Dolphin for our upcoming trip. Can I go to HS or EP ticketing or guest services on our first night to do this or should I go to DS guest services?

Thanks,

Becky

I would reach out and try to set this up in advance. It's not a guarantee that you will be able to get a "recovery" AP, from my understanding. It's handled on a case by case basis and sometimes takes a while to get the "okay".

I would reach out and try to set this up in advance. It's not a guarantee that you will be able to get a "recovery" AP, from my understanding. It's handled on a case by case basis and sometimes takes a while to get the "okay".

Thanks I called and got myself on "the list" for a call back. They said to try DS if I don't get a call back in time. Really I am fine with not applying the current ticket ad long as I can reassign it and not use it on our May trip. I use the value of those tickets for my kids tickets over Spring Break next year.

We had APs that were going to expire last summer. The you know what canceled our April 2020 plans and we had no intentions to go before the aps we’re going to expire.

So I opted for the refund. Now we‘ve Booked three separate visits.; One this summer, another in the fall, and one next winter as we have a lot of Dvc points in the coffee can, for which we are very grateful.

I’ve bought tickets for summer and fall as we are spooked re how the park reservations must be done very quickly. Have not yet bought for the winter trip. The tickets bought so far have cost a lot as everyone who reads these boards can imagine.

Now I am thinking re buying the winter tickets and thinking that all together I’d have benefited from somehow hanging on to my aps.

A friend has told me I might be able to yet buy APs for the combinations of these trips since we did have APs before the pandemic.

Any opinions re my question Would be very appreciated. TIA.

I would try calling the AP number to see if they can "restore" your AP, seems that people have been able to do that. If you are DVC member, then call the DVC member services to see if they can help. I kept our AP's, they were set to expire Sept 2021, but I called DVC member services and was able to get early renewal DVC Member AP certificates so that we could book park passes for trips in November and February 2022.

this thread has some info about A/P's:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/

Had my platinum AP starting Aug 2019, did not cancel it, it expired January 2021 with the extension.

I'm out of state, but was in town last week so I went to guest services while I was in disney springs to ask what my options were for renewing / getting a new pass. The CM said I could either get my 15% off for renewal if I wanted my new expiration date to be Jan 2022, OR, If i wanted a new pass full price, it would be activated that day, and expire April 2022. I asked about paying full price and being able to activate it on a following trip, possibly later that fall. She said this was possible since my pass expired during the "covid period", but I would have to do it on the phone, and didn't have a real reason why they couldn't do it in springs besides "this is the way it works in springs and that's the way it works on the phone" She did say she would make a note in my file for when I call explaining what I wanted to do and that it was allowed (she typed for a while, very curious what she all wrote)

A couple days ago, I called the VIP passholder number, the robot kept talking to me and it heard me saying "renewal" as something else, so it took me to a different department. I apologized to the CM that picked up with in a few minutes that I was probably in the wrong department and if he could best direct me what to do next (assuming he would just put me on a call back list.) ... I told him I wanted to renew and he was like great lets get your renewal! It will be $1,080.98. And I was like wait, I can activate this whenever? And he was like yes of course, what sort of payment will you be using? And it was just all so fast , I'm pretty sure he never even read the info on my file that the CM at GS had written. He asked if I was celebrating anything and I said yes, I'm celebrating the fact that I can buy a new AP and that I did this all in under 10 minutes!

ETA - added my ticket confirmation # into MDE - I'm telling myself I will activate it when fireworks are back and I can hug a character again, but who knows, I might give into temptation before then 😂

Last edited:
Yes, call the AP line and they will take your information down. They should call you back in 30 days to give you their decision on your repurchase. I called on March 20th, they called me back April 20th and allowed me to repurchase. My pass was to have expired in September 2020. I took refund in Aug when they offered for the balance. I knew I wouldn't be going due to high Covid19 numbers. I now have a voucher that I can activate when I want

I posted this elsewhere and this ia a copy/paste----

Here is my update and it is going to be a little unusual and somewhat long.

I called Disney on March 25th and waited 29 days without a call back from them.

At the time I called them they said it would be within 30 days.

The 30th day was actually going to fall on my travel day down to Disney World for stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I did not want to play phone tag with them over the next week with my phone being in my pocket half the time and being occupied with enjoying what Disney has to offer.

As has happened to me many times before, when I called the VIP householder hotline, I was on hold for a big chunk of time and then it would always be someone else that would pick up the line first...a "resorts" person.

They pretty much have other people reduce the burden by answering the phone and seeing if they might be able to help the guest.

So that first leg of the wait always set me up to have that person connect me to the actual VIP pass holders line and then the wait would start all over again.

After dealing with hold times in total of approximately an hour I actually talked to a cast member on Friday about noon and ask that their callback team call me before 9:00 p.m. and that it been 29 and a half days since my phone call to them.

They assured me that they would call me by 9:00 p.m. on Friday night.

When 8:00 p.m. rolled around and they had not called me yet I went ahead and went through the whole process again and was on hold until 9:15 when I hung up because the very next morning I had to start driving down the florida.

Since I had a 7-hour drive, I use the hands-free feature on my phone, and called Disney at exactly 7:00 a.m..

I was able to get through to the proper person and the wait for the first part of my phone call was not very long.

So it's 7:30 in the morning I pulled off the interstate into a parking lot and finished up the conversation with the annual pass recovery person and executed the transaction for my annual pass with a credit card.

Since I was the only one of my family with a prior annual pass during covid, they let me get a replacement annual pass in my name.

The total cost with tax was $1, 272.68.

They sold me an annual pass voucher which I then have to go to guest relations to activate when I'm in Florida.

The voucher has a expiration date of 2099.

I thankful to have it now and hope others are treated well by Disney.

Just wanted to share my experience. Called AP line this morning, a super nice CM answered in 14 min. She said I was eligible to reinstate my pass, took my info and said I was looking at about 30 days for a call back. I had an out of state platinum pass that I let expire in December 2020. Will update when I get my callback!

UPDATE: got my call back today (5/17) and purchased new platinum pass. Took exactly 3 weeks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter