AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

For AP renewal help at Disney Springs, is that Guest Relations or Disney Ticket Center? Or is that the same thing?

We did this on our arrival night our last trip (summer 2019). We flew in early evening, had a late DS restaurant reservation, and had planned to activate our AP’s in advance of that. As I recall we went to guest services, waited in a 20 minute line and then they told us we needed to go across the way to the ticket center. It was quite a wait at that time. Probably took us an hour and a half total, and we missed our first stop for drinks and appetizers. 😭

Question, as I have booked a trip for December and am looking to buy a 7 day hopper ticket.

My AP expired May of 2020, and I requested (and finally received this month) a partial refund as I knew we would not be going back last year.

If I buy a ticket, it sounds like I would possibly be eligible to upgrade it to a renewal of an AP once I get down to Disney? Or is this something I can do over the phone? I'd like to reserve my park days sooner rather than later, but if I have an AP I can only reserve the first 3 days right now?

I am finding this all so confusing!

Last week we were at Disney Springs 2X times for annual passes and had 2 different experiences. The first time we started at Guest Services but were sent to the Ticket Center, where they had our name on the list at check-in. A few days later, we went directly to the Ticket Center for another AP but were sent to Guest Services for an AP transaction. I would start at GS first and get your name on the list, as where you will be waited on seemed to be based on the number of guests already waiting.

Just want to share my recent experience.

We had annual passes last year during the shutdown. They were extended from July until December and we let them expire. However, last month we realized that this was a mistake and I called to try to buy new APs. I was first told no, then I was told they'd take down my info and I'd get a callback, then I was called and told no again. Well, Monday I got a phone call from Disney and they told me that yes, I do qualify, and gave me the opportunity to purchase four new annual passes for my family. I'm honestly a bit confused about what changed, but I am happy that I now have vouchers in my account that I can activate during our trip next month.

I was able to get my AP just now at the Ticket Center at Disney Springs! (By the time I read @train's suggestion, I was already waiting at the Ticket Center.) Good luck to anyone else in the same situation. And thank you everyone for your help!

@rangerxenos, I bought a 3 day pass so I could make reservations/get into the park at the beginning of my trip. They applied that cost towards my AP. (In my case my AP had expired a few months ago - I never cancelled.)

Got my call on day 29. All set with Platinum APs!
I have a follow-up question to this. We purchased our Platinum APs and they linked them to our MDE accounts. I received an email confirmation and the delivery address is blank and it says "will call" under the items. Am I correct to assume I can just go to the window with a copy of this email and I'm all set and they'll register us and give us our cards or should I be calling about getting physical vouchers delivered? I thought we had those in the past so this is new for us.

I have a follow-up question to this. We purchased our Platinum APs and they linked them to our MDE accounts. I received an email confirmation and the delivery address is blank and it says "will call" under the items. Am I correct to assume I can just go to the window with a copy of this email and I'm all set and they'll register us and give us our cards or should I be calling about getting physical vouchers delivered? I thought we had those in the past so this is new for us.
If they're connected in MDE (can you see them in your account?) then you should be able to just go to guest services outside the park to have them activated. There they'll issue you new cards.

If they're connected in MDE (can you see them in your account?) then you should be able to just go to guest services outside the park to have them activated. There they'll issue you new cards.
Yes, we see them in MDE but they have an expiration of 12/31/2099 since they haven't been activated yet.

Forgot to check back in to give a report from my April trip. I was refusing to call again after hours and hours wasted over multiple calls, the last of which ended with the “escalation team” sending out a check in 4-6 weeks.... close to 3 months now and still nothing.... so decided I was going to try my luck at guest services in the park.... so now giving up vacation time also. After waiting the 40ish mins to speak to someone at guest services I was told the only people who could handle refunds were phone CMs. I can’t be the only one that finds this completely unacceptable? So I’m still waiting on a refund almost a year later, you make it almost a part time job to even attempt to get said refund, and then still don’t send it? Am I missing something here? This is one of the largest companies in the world with massive resources but some how it’s my duty to endlessly pursue money they owe me? Almost like they want to just keep making this impossible so they don’t have to pay it out 🤔

Congrats on your refund. We are on the opposite side-trying to get a new AP for DH since DD and I both have them. They should let people transfer them instead of having to get a refund from Disney :crazy:

Just to clarify for everyone (because it wasn't quite clear to me):

If you're in town, you don't need to wait in the 30-day phone queue to get a recovery AP for one you cancelled during the shutdown. If you're eligible, you can just go to the Ticket Center at DS and buy an AP on the spot.

You'll be buying an actual AP, not a voucher, so your year starts immediately.

Also, the cm warned me that if wanted to upgrade to a higher level AP, I had to do it at the time of purchase, as they are not currently offering upgrades to existing AP's.

At 2pm today (Thursday), there was absolutely no wait at the Ticket Center. There were more cm's than Guests in there.

I wish we could have put a 'pause' on them instead of being forced to cancel.
Yep. We had renrewed our AP after debating only used it for 2 days in December 2019. Cancelled the monthly passes/ monthly payments but miss the passes. Once my daughter’s are vaccinated would love the passes back
If you're in town, you don't need to wait in the 30-day phone queue to get a recovery AP for one you cancelled during the shutdown. If you're eligible, you can just go to the Ticket Center at DS and buy an AP on the spot.
Do you know the phone number to get in the 30 day queue?

Yes, we see them in MDE but they have an expiration of 12/31/2099 since they haven't been activated yet.

We were in this situation and it was very easy to activate them at guest services first thing in the morning. Just remember that adults need to have their official ID/driver's licenses with them to do it. I think it took us 5 minutes at the Hollywood Studios window at rope drop to activate 3 of them.

Do you know the phone number to get in the 30 day queue?
I don't know whether this is the optimal number, but I saw something on another fan site saying to call the new tickets line, not the Passholder VIP line. That's listed on the website as (407) 939-7679.

I just followed the prompts for new tickets. I think I just got a standard DRC agent. They took my info and submitted it into the queue for the special team, and said I would get a return call in about 30 days.

Then I saw another post here talking about the DS Ticket Center, so I went down there (I'm local) and got it taken care of on the spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter