• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We never got the email to cancel, which I am seeing has been a issue with others too. I'm glad we are in this miserable boat together, and I'm not in this sinking ship alone.

WHY could this link not be added to the MyDisneyExperience?? I could have logged in and taken care of this in less than 5 minutes.

I was on hold last night for an hour- the CM tried to cancel our payment plan, but then said that the system wasn't taking our contract number. She tried to transfer us to the department that handles the monthly payments. Then I got, "All circuits are busy. Please call back later." Click.

I called this morning and it said my wait time was 61 minutes... I'm up to 2 hours 10 minutes.

I was told by the CM that called me back last week or so that the payments team was "way behind" and she would work on it for me and even said I'd most likely get duplicate refunds (I doubt it).

It's an embarrassing mess.

This whole ordeal is driving me crazy. We requested a refund cancelation back in early June. I was told there would be no extension and refunds were the only option at that time. No idea why they said this back then. I was told since I paid with gift cards they would refund via a new mailed gift card or a check.

I found out two days later that extensions were an option. I called and spoke with a supervisor and he said he would add notes to remove the cancelation because we moved our trip to December.

Recieved an email this week refund is on the way. I tried to call and get this stopped as previously promised but they just said sorry, not possible.

Today I find out that it was refunded to a relative's credit card. For some reason Disney is constantly attaching this relative's credit cards to my account. This relative had to cancel her credit card twice for that reason. (Disney visa) I no longer charge things to our magic band/room for this reason. I have fought Disney with this for over a year. I had checked MDE and its not listed. I called disney IT and they see it nowhere in my account. They have no explanation. Our names aren't at all similar. First and last different.

I call Disney today and they keep insisting this relative paid for the passes. She didn't. I did. They even refunded it to a credit card number she had two cards ago. Chase tracked down the account and moved the credit anyway instead of sending it back.

Disney thinks there is nothing they can do, but they will call me back. The relative isn't returning the money to me. So I just have to take the $700 hit if Disney won't fix this mistake.

I’m really hoping people who purchase third party get checks. I bought both my pass and a friends through sams club and I’m not looking forward to getting a credit on my credit card for my friends pass and then having to deal with paying her. Ahhhh

Has anyone been able to make refund requests for the other people whose tickets you paid for? I bought all 4 of our family's tickets but they're all adults and got their own email with link. I haven't clicked through to make my choice, which is full refund by the way, but wondered if I might be presented with the option to manage their tickets. If so I want to have their annual pass id numbers on hand.

This whole ordeal is driving me crazy. We requested a refund cancelation back in early June. I was told there would be no extension and refunds were the only option at that time. No idea why they said this back then. I was told since I paid with gift cards they would refund via a new mailed gift card or a check.

I found out two days later that extensions were an option. I called and spoke with a supervisor and he said he would add notes to remove the cancelation because we moved our trip to December.

Recieved an email this week refund is on the way. I tried to call and get this stopped as previously promised but they just said sorry, not possible.

Today I find out that it was refunded to a relative's credit card. For some reason Disney is constantly attaching this relative's credit cards to my account. This relative had to cancel her credit card twice for that reason. (Disney visa) I no longer charge things to our magic band/room for this reason. I have fought Disney with this for over a year. I had checked MDE and its not listed. I called disney IT and they see it nowhere in my account. They have no explanation. Our names aren't at all similar. First and last different.

I call Disney today and they keep insisting this relative paid for the passes. She didn't. I did. They even refunded it to a credit card number she had two cards ago. Chase tracked down the account and moved the credit anyway instead of sending it back.

Disney thinks there is nothing they can do, but they will call me back. The relative isn't returning the money to me. So I just have to take the $700 hit if Disney won't fix this mistake.

That sounds like some major violations of privacy laws.

Has anyone been able to make refund requests for the other people whose tickets you paid for? I bought all 4 of our family's tickets but they're all adults and got their own email with link. I haven't clicked through to make my choice, which is full refund by the way, but wondered if I might be presented with the option to manage their tickets. If so I want to have their annual pass id numbers on hand.
My husband never got a link so we called in and they had said its listed under his MDE and his account so he needed to click his own link. They let us select the refund over the phone and said we would receive a confirmation email but never have

Last edited:

There seems to be no mechanism online for doing this. When you click your email link for paid-in-full passholders, you don't have any opportunity to enter anything other than your refund or extension selection. My DS is 16, so an adult passholder, but under my MDE so slightly different than your scenario...but I had to call and make his selection because we never received an email for his. You could also have your family members forward you their emails with their links if you want to manage the process.

Has anyone been successful at getting the expiration date extended on an AP that expired during the park closure and was on the monthly payment plan? Made the selection 11 days ago over the phone to start the charges back up and extend the expiration date and was charged that day but after five calls and over 10 hours on the phone still have the old expiration. Every time I call I get a different story over the phone on why it has not been extended. May have to dispute the charge if Disney doesn't figure this out soon.

I requested refund for myself and husband. I had to give a verbal that I want the refund, then I had to hand my phone to my husband who had to do the same. The cm said she could not process his refund had he not done the verbal request.

I guess I got really lucky yesterday morning at 6:05am central time. I called and chose the option for "tickets". I got a really nice CM who said she could not help me with the AP cancellation, but could transfer me. And she told me that the wait was "short this morning, only about 10 minutes". At least when you call tickets they tell you how long the wait is, so you can decide to stay on. It was about 8 minutes and they were cancelled in a very short amount of time. The AP CM said they are not allowed to quote refund amounts because of the different kinds of APs so the accounting department was working on that. I expressed the idea that I'd really like to know what I might expect and gave him my estimate based on two things I had read here. (sorry, I can't remember who posted it) We had regular out of state APs paid in full at time of purchase.

1. The number of days left on your ticket.... July 11 to the extended pass date, NOT including the last 30 day extension.
2. Cost you paid for the ticket divided by 365 days to figure out the daily rate.
3. Multiply 1 and 2.

When I gave him that amount (which I had figured several ways and they all came out the same) he said "that sounds about right".
I then said I just wanted to make sure I had calculated the rate correctly (step 2) and that they were not going to just make up a random set number (like a dollar a day) to base the refund on.. he said no they are not.

I gave him names, address. He said he found the record and asked which passes I wanted cancelled. He did not ask for the numbers (though I had the tickets in front of me). I asked about an email... it was here about 5 minutes after I hung up. It's a generic email, so I printed it and wrote the pass numbers on the two cancellation notices for my husband and I.

I know this is long, but I have a side note to that might be of help. Last week I called ticketing because I had a pass that had expired in 2018 and I wanted to use it to purchase a ticket for my December trip (before I cancelled the AP) so all of my park reservations would not go away. When I asked what the $ value of that ticket was, she said she couldn't tell me that. So I said "I show it's worth $535.15. She said "yes it is". So when you don't get and answer to your question because they can't tell you a "number", try asking if "this" is the right number so they can reply with a "yes or no" answer, which apparently is permitted. Btw... she's also the one who told me that she could transfer me to AP, but the wait time looked to be over 2 hours. And THAT is why I opted for "ticketing" yesterday morning instead of calling the AP line, so I had an idea of how long I would be on hold.

And part of the reason we decided to cancel was because there is apparently no work being done on the new attractions, like Tron and Ratatouille. And that was ONE of the big reasons we bought them in the first place.

Good Luck!!!

A refund just posted on my credit card today (back-dated to 7/16) for a smaller amount ($102.01) than I was expecting as well.

DVC Gold Pass for $649 (includes tax) activated 1/23/2020 (MDE shows expires 6/19/2021 so closure + 30 days).
649/365 = 1.778/day
1.778*117 days = $208 refund expected

Plus, it should be for 2 passes, so we're way off.

Guess it's time to call again....

UPDATE

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone today (most of the time on hold) to see if I could get an update. I spoke with a very helpful CM who had to escalate this to another team. After review, they determined that the amount did seem low, so it's back on for review.

She did mention that I would still get the 30-day extension even with choosing to keep the original expiration date/partial refund option.

I asked about Tables in Wonderland as well. She said the TiW office is still closed but put me on a list for a return call to discuss options for that as well (possibly even a partial refund on that) when that office reopens.

Okay, so we never received an email to make a selection to cancel our APs. After three and a half hours on the phone (most on hold), we hear <click>, Is Disney playing games here?

We called Passholder Support and were able to get through after about 20 minutes, but the CM said he couldn't cancel and had to transfer us to monthly payment support since we pay monthly. That was where we spend three hours (estimated 75 minute wait at the start) only to end up with a hangup and tell us to go to their website to do a survey.

I don't understand why they can't make this option to cancel available online in My Disney Experience. Instead you had to be one of the chosen ones and actually get the email to make this as painless experience. We weren't one of the chosen ones.

I guess I got really lucky yesterday morning at 6:05am central time. I called and chose the option for "tickets". I got a really nice CM who said she could not help me with the AP cancellation, but could transfer me. And she told me that the wait was "short this morning, only about 10 minutes". At least when you call tickets they tell you how long the wait is, so you can decide to stay on. It was about 8 minutes and they were cancelled in a very short amount of time. The AP CM said they are not allowed to quote refund amounts because of the different kinds of APs so the accounting department was working on that. I expressed the idea that I'd really like to know what I might expect and gave him my estimate based on two things I had read here. (sorry, I can't remember who posted it) We had regular out of state APs paid in full at time of purchase.

1. The number of days left on your ticket.... July 11 to the extended pass date, NOT including the last 30 day extension.
2. Cost you paid for the ticket divided by 365 days to figure out the daily rate.
3. Multiply 1 and 2.

When I gave him that amount (which I had figured several ways and they all came out the same) he said "that sounds about right".
I then said I just wanted to make sure I had calculated the rate correctly (step 2) and that they were not going to just make up a random set number (like a dollar a day) to base the refund on.. he said no they are not.

I gave him names, address. He said he found the record and asked which passes I wanted cancelled. He did not ask for the numbers (though I had the tickets in front of me). I asked about an email... it was here about 5 minutes after I hung up. It's a generic email, so I printed it and wrote the pass numbers on the two cancellation notices for my husband and I.

I know this is long, but I have a side note to that might be of help. Last week I called ticketing because I had a pass that had expired in 2018 and I wanted to use it to purchase a ticket for my December trip (before I cancelled the AP) so all of my park reservations would not go away. When I asked what the $ value of that ticket was, she said she couldn't tell me that. So I said "I show it's worth $535.15. She said "yes it is". So when you don't get and answer to your question because they can't tell you a "number", try asking if "this" is the right number so they can reply with a "yes or no" answer, which apparently is permitted. Btw... she's also the one who told me that she could transfer me to AP, but the wait time looked to be over 2 hours. And THAT is why I opted for "ticketing" yesterday morning instead of calling the AP line, so I had an idea of how long I would be on hold.

And part of the reason we decided to cancel was because there is apparently no work being done on the new attractions, like Tron and Ratatouille. And that was ONE of the big reasons we bought them in the first place.

Good Luck!!!

Can you tell me what number you called when you said you chose the option for "tickets"?

Thanks

UPDATE

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone today (most of the time on hold) to see if I could get an update. I spoke with a very helpful CM who had to escalate this to another team. After review, they determined that the amount did seem low, so it's back on for review.

She did mention that I would still get the 30-day extension even with choosing to keep the original expiration date/partial refund option.

I asked about Tables in Wonderland as well. She said the TiW office is still closed but put me on a list for a return call to discuss options for that as well (possibly even a partial refund on that) when that office reopens.
Regarding Tables In Wonderland- has anyone had any luck getting a partial refund on that?

Can you guys tell me if I am looking at this correctly? My Platinum AP says it is set to expire on 6/6/21. So if going by what Disney is saying, 7/11/20 through 6/6/21 is 330 days. The price of the Platinum Pass is $1,195. So divided by 365 is $3.27 per day. So in theory my refund should be $3.27 x 330 = $1,079.10. Is that correct?

Only had a 45 minute wait on the phone today. I had to call to cancel DH's AP since he doesn't have an email address on file with Disney. They didn't ask for the AP card numbers but they did have to speak to him on the phone. They said they need to verbally speak to anyone over the age of 18. We will see if I ever get an email confirmation of the cancellation.

Can you tell me what number you called when you said you chose the option for "tickets"?

Thanks
407-939-5277 I also had to listen to their spiel and go through at LEAST 2 menus before a recording said "tell us what what are you calling about so we can get you to the right department" and I just said "tickets"

Can you guys tell me if I am looking at this correctly? My Platinum AP says it is set to expire on 6/6/21. So if going by what Disney is saying, 7/11/20 through 6/6/21 is 330 days. The price of the Platinum Pass is $1,195. So divided by 365 is $3.27 per day. So in theory my refund should be $3.27 x 330 = $1,079.10. Is that correct?
be sure you are not including the extra 30 days they added on last week. My numbers were similar to yours. I got the same per day cost

I haven’t seen anything about getting refunds for UNACTIVATED APs. I had one I bought online last fall and it was sitting in my account. I called today and waited on hold about 45 minutes and was able to have them cancel and refund me. No fuss no muss, but the refund is not expected until mid September.

be sure you are not including the extra 30 days they added on last week. My numbers were similar to yours. I got the same per day cost

The email I received from Disney said they weren't adding the extra 30 days until after the August 11th decision day. Did they already go ahead and do it? Is there anyway to tell in MDE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter