AP Parking at MVMCP

poohj80

Got Hunny?
I have a question for all you annual passholder vets out there. Should I have had to pay for parking at the MK last night for MVMCP with an AP? I re-read the AP entitlements to verify that they read free parking at all parks is included. The entitlements do not state for normal operating hours only that I can find.

I even had a supervisor come over and tell me it is covered on page 15 of the benefits. Page 15 just states that the AP will not get me into the park for special events and says nothing about parking. I think it's fuzzy at best.

What is your experience? Thanks!

Originally posted by poohj80
I have a question for all you annual passholder vets out there. Should I have had to pay for parking at the MK last night for MVMCP with an AP? I re-read the AP entitlements to verify that they read free parking at all parks is included. The entitlements do not state for normal operating hours only that I can find.

I even had a supervisor come over and tell me it is covered on page 15 of the benefits. Page 15 just states that the AP will not get me into the park for special events and says nothing about parking. I think it's fuzzy at best.

What is your experience? Thanks!

I would call the annual pass line and ask. 1-407-560-pass, the number is on the back of your annual pass jacket.

I had the same thought as you and we pulled up for MNSSHP and the parking attendant was like, "that will be 7.00" and I showed my AP as usual and he said that does not cover special events. Well we had no cash on us so I asked him if the gas station by MK had an ATM and he said our kids were to cute and he just let us go in. I would have the 7.00 handy. That teaches us not to carry cash with us.

I would have concluded that the parking was free.

Another case when, if something does not match your gut fee;ling, you should get a second opinion.

You said that a second cast member (supervisor) came over and said that parking was free. Obviously that means that one of the cast members was mistaken.

Also you could have gone over to Epcot and parked for free and taken the monorail, thus charging for parking just at MK/TTC does not make sense.

I would not have shelled out the $7.00 but ragher asked for directions to the U turn ramp. (Just asking this has a good chance of being waved through for free.)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I have been told that AP holders parking in resort lots are subject to the same 3 hour rule as outsiders if they are not staying at that resort.

Just my two cents:

If you had arrived at 5pm (or any other time during the day) and stayed parking woud have been free. There is no reason to rake you for the $7.

JMHO
Sandy

I arrived around 6 the other night and showed my AP and was waived right in.

When we arrived for the MNSSHP (around 5:00), the parking attendant made an off handed remark about us making the cut-off for AP free parking. Well, I wasn't sure what he meant since the MK was open for 2 more hours, but I guess this is what he was referring to.
Jeannine

Originally posted by seashoreCM

You said that a second cast member (supervisor) came over and said that parking was free. Obviously that means that one of the cast members was mistaken.

Actually, the supervisor also said it was $7 and he was the one who directed me to page 15 of the pass sleeve. I did call the AP passholders phone number and he did a lot of looking before he found some fine print which said free parking was for normal operating hours only. I still can't find those words on any AP info I have but it confirms that this is the way it's supposed to work even though I think it's a bit off.

We could be in the parking lot prior to 6 since we just arrived yesterday, but we'll make sure were there in plenty of time on Thursday.

I have looked all over my printed info as well (The little sleeve they give you.) and I cannot find anything that says Parking is not included during special events. There are no asterisks or footnotes to that effect either.

It really comes down to the Spririt of the rule and the Letter of The Rule. If anyone had their information sleeve with them, I would say they would have to honor the letter. I also think Disney should include the parking for special events for AP.

George

Well, if this is the case for annual passholders, what about resort guests with the resort ID and parking permit then? Would they be allowed in free, even though those parking permits probably say "during normal operating hours" in fine print at the bottom too?

Not sure about that, our resort parking permit doesn't say much other than the date, etc.
I have a related question though--does my AP give me free valet parking at my resort? That would be a nice perk! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter