AP Room only reservation question

smilingmouse

<font color=CC00FF>Eeyore's Girl ~ <font color=gre
Hi all! I have a DLP AP room reservation, and I really hope someone can help.

I am hoping to return to DLP in 10/05. I'm planning to get an AP this time b/c I think it will save me the most $. Here is my question:

Since I'll have the AP, I will only need a room reservation. However, I don't want to actually get the AP untill I arrive. Will I be able me make the reservation early, pick up my AP, and then show the AP when I check-in?

Does anyone think I'll have any problems trying to do this? If so, do you have any advice?

TIA!

Hi ya' SmilingMouse!
i still haven't gotten to the point in my report (the hilite!) where I meet the wonderful YOU.... but I'm getting there!
As to your question...
It's a lot different than at WDW. Here's how it works.
They periodically post 25% discounts for AP holders for room only. BUT you must tell them your AP NUMBER on the phone when you make the reservation! If you want a room only rate when they have NOT announced a discount, you take your chances - sometimes those rates are MORE than packages that include entrance! This was true for me when I took 2 nights at Castle Club. The "room only" would have cost 50 Euros MORE than the package! So when you ask for the room only rate, first ask if there are any AP discounts for your dates. If there are, purchase the AP in the same phone call. If there are not, ask for room only rate, note it, and then ask for any packages that might be offered for the same dates and they may actually save you money!
I still think it is worth it to get the AP - even though you may not save on the room - you save on EVERYTHING else...
Any more AP Q's - let me know!
I'm FINALLY over that really horrible flu (well, at least really really ALMOST over it)!!! I hope you and your Mom didn't suffer as much as I did! Liav had it too, but she bounced back much more quickly than I did....
Take care!
:Pinkbounc

Jody,

Unfortunately, Mom and I STILL aren't over the cold, but we're getting there. You are farther along with trip reports than I am. Mine won't be out for about 1.5 weeks because we are leaving for the cruise this weekend....

I'm looking forward to reading your next installments :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter