AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true? I was able to renew my pass that expires in October on Thursday. I’d say that this is either false or the CM who renewed them gave us some serious Pixie Dust.

Also, I don’t need anyone coming in saying that this isn’t allowed and what not , we have a DVC stay booked in December and wanted to make sure we got a reservation (Christmas) so they allowed us to do so. I am not the only one who they have previously allowed to renew before the date either.

The early renewal you got was indeed an exception because we too have a December trip booked and why I asked about the early renewal for my DD's boyfriend...his expires in October...and was told they were no longer allowing it outside of 60 days, even with trips.

They did it a lot in 2021, but stopped right before the new passes. But, I do think that if they are going to have the park reservation system, and someone has a trip that is booked, they should allow them regardless.

But, it certainly does show that there is nothing actually stopping WDW AP's from being renewed at this time...whether they are within 60 days or not!!!

It proves that as of last Thursday, 6/16/22, that Disney had not issued a rule to cast members that there could be no renewals of character passes or that they could not be renewed early. I think that is what this says.

I think that is what I mean. New program coming or not, renewals are being allowed and I’d go on to say they will be until a new program is officially announced.

Is this true? I was able to renew my pass that expires in October on Thursday. I’d say that this is either false or the CM who renewed them gave us some serious Pixie Dust.

Also, I don’t need anyone coming in saying that this isn’t allowed and what not , we have a DVC stay booked in December and wanted to make sure we got a reservation (Christmas) so they allowed us to do so. I am not the only one who they have previously allowed to renew before the date either.
Which line did you call to get your AP renewed for October? Ours expire Oct 13th and we arrive Oct 16th and I called last week to see if they'd let me early-early renew and they said NO, I'd have to wait until my regular 60-day renewal window in August.

I called the AP ticket line but I feel I was transferred - we also have DVC so should I have started with DVC MS and then get xferred to a ticket person??

I feel like I've started with DVC MS before but that might have been when we were trying to get tickets for a 2020 trip moved after Disney re-opened...

Which line did you call to get your AP renewed for October? Ours expire Oct 13th and we arrive Oct 16th and I called last week to see if they'd let me early-early renew and they said NO, I'd have to wait until my regular 60-day renewal window in August.

I called the AP ticket line but I feel I was transferred - we also have DVC so should I have started with DVC MS and then get xferred to a ticket person??

I feel like I've started with DVC MS before but that might have been when we were trying to get tickets for a 2020 trip moved after Disney re-opened...
I called the VIP Passholder line. It didn’t take long at all. Maybe try again?

The early renewal you got was indeed an exception because we too have a December trip booked and why I asked about the early renewal for my DD's boyfriend...his expires in October...and was told they were no longer allowing it outside of 60 days, even with trips.

They did it a lot in 2021, but stopped right before the new passes. But, I do think that if they are going to have the park reservation system, and someone has a trip that is booked, they should allow them regardless.

But, it certainly does show that there is nothing actually stopping WDW AP's from being renewed at this time...whether they are within 60 days or not!!!
I’m never surprised how we all end up calling for the same thing and walk away with very different outcomes! I’m just thankful we were allowed to. It seems to be hit or miss at this point.

I’m never surprised how we all end up calling for the same thing and walk away with very different outcomes! I’m just thankful we were allowed to. It seems to be hit or miss at this point.

Me neither! IIRC, the entire 60 day window came in to play when FP+ was a thing so people could book those.

Now that they have the park reservation system, it should be farther out than that! I am happy for you that you got it!

Me neither! IIRC, the entire 60 day window came in to play when FP+ was a thing so people could book those.

Now that they have the park reservation system, it should be farther out than that! I am happy for you that you got it!
That is such a good point, @Sandisw, and something I hadn't considered until you just mentioned it.

Now that I'm thinking about this, I'm wondering if the renewal is limited to 60 days previous to expiration for yet another reason: If the price of the AP goes up, they want you to renew at 15% off the current price, not one from, say, 4 months ago. Even though APs currently aren't for sale, they could still raise the price.

I was surprised when I renewed mine at the end of May that the price was the same price that a CM quoted to me in March. I was sure it was going to go up. I mean, everything at WDW goes up in price seemingly once a week!

That is such a good point, @Sandisw, and something I hadn't considered until you just mentioned it.

Now that I'm thinking about this, I'm wondering if the renewal is limited to 60 days previous to expiration for yet another reason: If the price of the AP goes up, they want you to renew at 15% off the current price, not one from, say, 4 months ago. Even though APs currently aren't for sale, they could still raise the price.

I was surprised when I renewed mine at the end of May that the price was the same price that a CM quoted to me in March. I was sure it was going to go up. I mean, everything at WDW goes up in price seemingly once a week!

I definitely think the change to vouchers expiring one year from purchase was indeed to prevent people from locking in current prices for years to come.

I definitely think the change to vouchers expiring one year from purchase was indeed to prevent people from locking in current prices for years to come.
From a business perspective, that makes sense. My AP vouchers have "appreciated" more than any of my stock purchases.

From an accounting perspective, selling vouchers that expire in 2099 (or tickets that never expire at all) is carrying a liability on your books that is difficult to get rid of, and hard to value.

I was under the impression that the revenue is not recognized until tickets/passes were used/activated, but I could be wrong about that.

For as long as I can remember AP renewals have been 60 days prior and 14 days after expiration.

Well. This sounds like some official taking down to some fraudulent carnival fortune teller or tarot reader who has been caught trying to scam the public. The official has to set the rules as to the boundaries of how the information will be received and dealt with. That's a fairly offensive statement. Sounds like a monitor putting a warning label on "misinformation."

I don't agree that everyone has to understand that my posts are just predictions. I don't agree that my posts have been just flimsy predictions -- "well-informed" or not. Actually, I don't think I have made any predictions -- like going out on a limb saying something will happen in the future. Nobody knows the future. Not as to what will happen or when. I only said July 9th was a logical date to watch for some kind of change from Disney. An alternative is to wait until the lawsuit is completed. But, I have repeatedly stated I am just a forum poster and not an insider. I have no leaked information.

This was just meant to be a discussion on AP sales for a group of public peers. But, some of us bring decades of skills to the table that were developed in various professions to deal with the weight and credibility to be given "evidence." Some have skills on putting pieces together. I am not the only one on this forum contributing in this manner. Also, there are times to have a theory and then to have the flexibility to update it when new information becomes available or even when an older theory is just wrong. This isn't a court. It is a social media forum. The discussion as to what will happen and when is just a work in progress.

Also, there is no need to pet my ego. I don't need kudos for "participation."

I would prefer to see people sharing their own thoughts on the topic of the thread, rather than trying to censor or put warning labels on my posts.
I absolutely did not intend for this to be a “talking down” or negative response in any way. Sorry if it came across that way to you. No ill intent meant I can assure you, it was intended to show genuine appreciation for the information you’ve been providing.

Though I think my full post showed that, I’ve deleted it to eliminate any concerns.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the revenue is not recognized until tickets/passes were used/activated, but I could be wrong about that.
I haven't read any of Disney's actual filings, so my comments are just based on what I would expect to see. But I would agree with you, the revenue shouldn't be recognized until the tickets/passes are used/activated. Until that time, they should sit as a liability called Unearned Revenue or something similar on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter