• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping they allow new passes to be purchased, as mine currently expires in Novermber. I never travel in November, it was a one off trip because everyone wanted to go for Thanksgiving last year (I tried to wwarn them, but now they know) and I'd like to have it start/stop in January or June. If they don't, I'll renew what I have, but grumble about it. :rolleyes1 :mic:

Last edited:
I am hoping they allow new passes to be purchased, as mine currently expires in Novermber. I never tavel in November, it was a one off trip because everyone wanted to go for Thanksgiving last year (I tried to wwarn them, but now they know) and I'd like to have it start/stop in January or June. If they don't, I'll renew what I have, but grumble about it. :rolleyes1 :mic:
Same situation for me. My pass expires in mid-October, but I'd rather purchase new for December, our usual travel time. I will need to decide soon - renewal window opens next week. Since I want to make park reservations asap, I will probably be joining the "grumblers". (Really don't want to complain too much as I know there are many who don't even have a pass to renew).

Hope Disney starts selling annual passes again soon.

I'm one week away from renewing our APs (Incredipass). I don't expect any issues (except my bank account groaning) since it seems new passes sold when they opened it again last year are in fact getting renewed. It was our first time ever buying an AP last year so the conversion from metal to character didn't apply. Anyone who has been following this thread had any issues renewing what were brand new APs last year?

To all those still waiting. I know your pain. I first bought DVC in Aug. 2020 and couldn't purchase a pass until Sept 2021. Having a wonderful place to stay at Disney was (is!) a dream come true. Not being able to go in the parks without buying day tickets was painful.
My husband renewed his DVC Sorcerer pass last week. No issues at all.

will need to decide soon - renewal window opens next week. Since I want to make park reservations asap
I would be willing to roll the dice a little on this. There are no "non-green" days past August for day tickets, and the AP availability has been even better--currently "all green" for all days. So, I'd probably push into my renewal window a bit rather than do it ASAP, in hopes that new passes go on sale.

I would be willing to roll the dice a little on this. There are no "non-green" days past August for day tickets, and the AP availability has been even better--currently "all green" for all days. So, I'd probably push into my renewal window a bit rather than do it ASAP, in hopes that new passes go on sale.
I probably will roll the dice on this (for other reasons), but my concern is for early December park reservations. Don't care about August. Head says I shouldn't worry as it's unlikely to be a problem.. Heart says get it done and top worrying about it. :teeth:

my concern is for early December park reservations. Don't care about August.
Maybe a better way to say what I was trying to say: Early December almost certainly won't have any park-days that fill before e.g. Thanksgiving week, so you have plenty of time to make your first choice park reservations.

I probably will roll the dice on this (for other reasons), but my concern is for early December park reservations. Don't care about August. Head says I shouldn't worry as it's unlikely to be a problem.. Heart says get it done and top worrying about it. :teeth:

I have a November expiration. After canceling this past April due to Covid concerns, I’m able to do a 4-day weekend in October, but then not again until early March. Would love if they would make an announcement soon, but not counting on it 😬

I'm with you. I need Thanksgiving week park reservations so I'm buying asap.

Is anyone else (who uses their DVC for park visits) seriously struggling to find a way forward without an AP..?

We’ve reduced length of ticket (incorporating 50% non park days), reduced to base instead of hoppers…. The cost is just prohibitive. I’m not even thinking of the discounted pass (which is useless to us as Xmas travellers)… just any AP!

I don’t understand how they market DVC anymore, but given the proclivity of most new - & many veteran - owners to choose studios (assuming to save points) and prefer multiple visits to larger accommodations…. Just why are they not allowing AP sales to DVC members?
I still have Exchange Certificates for annual passes from 2004 when I bought SSR and was hoping to use next year. I hope they will allow it.

Decembers are a must do for us.! We tried a NYE on a DCL cruise and while nice, it wasn’t the same.

We will be buying a single days tix for December 30, since our AP has blackout days now. I have theme park view at BLT for the 31, so no park that day.

Yes, I will never go back in December.
We have gone every December since 2018 and while the parks are packed we’ve always had a great time. We knew how to maximize FP+ when that was a thing and last year we did great with G+. We just adjust our typical patterns and enjoy.

We’ve also never found thanksgiving to be hugely busy, but haven’t been the last couple of years.

We also both work at schools so it is summer and December break for us.

At one point in history we always did a few nights in December…. Generally cash at GF RPC.
By far the best club level on property….,,, but you certainly pay for it.

Last edited:
Renewed this morning, expires 10/3 and have am early Nov. trip, didn't want to wait to book parks. Manager had to process the purchase, CM questioned if it was due to 'something' in system that they are not allowed to see yet...one can only hope as we let my wife's pass expire during covid, renewed mine due to rundis races.

I just want to know what prices will be if they start selling again. I don't want to plan on buying and then they double the price.

I just want to know what prices will be if they start selling again. I don't want to plan on buying and then they double the price.
Yes, I hope they don't increase the prices tremendously. OTOH, we always look at the price of regular tickets for the trips we have planned. If the AP costs around the same or just a little more, we'll get the AP, because we have a tendency to add trips more often than cancel them!

Good luck, I had a group of 11 for Thanksgiving Week last year. The parks were horrendous. Never again.
Oh, I'm under no illusions about park crowds. One of the reasons I love owning DVC and having APs is frequent enough trips to space out what we do in the parks and not feeling like we have to do everything to get the value out of the cost of the tickets.

Thanksgiving at Disney for 11 must have been quite the undertaking. Hats off to you @Chuck S!

I still have Exchange Certificates for annual passes from 2004 when I bought SSR and was hoping to use next year. I hope they will allow it.
I'd recommend you get them loaded into your MDE accounts. My 2011 DVC Vouchers took some help Disney to get properly loaded since the numbering system had changed a bit.. I moved them to a dummy MDE account. Now it;s easy to track them and once they were moved to my MDE account, I was able to make park reservations even though the vouchers haven't been activated yet.
This will save you a lot of time at GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter