• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could like this 100x! Man, I hope so. I have been checking every day, multiple times per day to the point that I am getting angry. It is irrational to get angry, yet here I sit...

I get that. I feel frustrated about the AP rates and I know that's stupid. We leave in 5 days and Universal has chosen not to offer AP rates over most of the time we will be there (only 1 of the 5 days). This makes a lot of business sense, as it is Easter, a peak travel time, and many of the hotels are actually already sold out--so they clearly don't need to offer more sales. However, I wish I had known this months ago, and not got my hopes up or spent time checking the rates (often) multiple times each day :(

Edited to add -- regardless, when we get there, I'm sure we'll have a great time.

I checked for June rates as well. Anyone know what the hold up is?

I keep getting this message on the Loew's website: "We’re sorry. Our reservation system is temporarily down. Please try again later to complete your reservation." Maybe they are loading them into the system. o_O For our hotel that we booked in Vegas, the secondary site we used to booked which pulled rates from the primary hotel was always late to update (maybe 5 or so hours after the primary site updated with new rates). In this case, the Loew's site should update before the Universal one does. Loew's has to send their rates to the Universal site after they are set. We shall see...

I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I currently have a package booked for June..... is it best to cancel that reservation then rebook a new one to avoid any fees associated with changing the reservation. My luck i have been checking every day forever and it will not be any cheaper..lol. Good thing I check from work so at least I am getting paid to check :crazy2:

I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I currently have a package booked for June..... is it best to cancel that reservation then rebook a new one to avoid any fees associated with changing the reservation. My luck i have been checking every day forever and it will not be any cheaper..lol. Good thing I check from work so at least I am getting paid to check :crazy2:

It is weird because the old rates are coming up on the Loew's site now, but I am still getting that error message. Oh well. I've learned not to expect any discounts and just try to be pleasantly surprised when they happen. :(

I keep getting this message on the Loew's website: "We’re sorry. Our reservation system is temporarily down. Please try again later to complete your reservation." Maybe they are loading them into the system. o_O For our hotel that we booked in Vegas, the secondary site we used to booked which pulled rates from the primary hotel was always late to update (maybe 5 or so hours after the primary site updated with new rates). In this case, the Loew's site should update before the Universal one does. Loew's has to send their rates to the Universal site after they are set. We shall see...

I got the same error message. Fingers crossed that you are correct about Lowe’s updating the rates!

I got the same error message. Fingers crossed that you are correct about Lowe’s updating the rates!

Sadly, I am not hopeful as the rate is still showing as no AP rate even with the error message. :( It's pretty annoying actually that they are waiting so long. There's nothing we can do about it though.

Sadly, I am not hopeful as the rate is still showing as no AP rate even with the error message. :( It's pretty annoying actually that they are waiting so long. There's nothing we can do about it though.
Last year, the June AP rates were available on March 22, per posts on this thread. Hopefully, they come available today or this weekend!

Last edited:

You should not have any fees for changes, except possibly for changes within 6 days... You have until 6 days prior to your stay to cancel the reservation without charges and your deposit returned...any later, you lose your deposit.

Edited: to change information about cancellation policy.

Last edited:
Last year, the June AP rates were available on March 22, per posts on this thread. Hopefully, they come available today or this weekend!

I don't mean to burst anybody's hopes, but the AP rates for this year (for our dates) posted 2 weeks later than they did last year (for the same travel dates)...but, there is no consistency, so your dates may post as they did last year.

I don't mean to burst anybody's hopes, but the AP rates for this year (for our dates) posted 2 weeks later than they did last year (for the same travel dates)...but, there is no consistency, so your dates may post as they did last year.

On top of that, last year AP rates for Memorial Day weekend had already been out for a couple of weeks by this time period. And I didn't even realize until recently that the few days after Memorial Day weekend have had AP rates since late January. Not looking good for us Memorial Day peeps.

The current AP rates have the following condition per the UO website:
“Promotional rate is valid for stays most nights Sunday–Thursday in a Standard Room double occupancy for travel between 4/8/2018 – 5/24/2018 and 5/28/2018 – 5/31/2018”

Nothing has appeared to be released for June yet, but looks like the specific days of memorial weekend are excluded from AP this time

Waiting on June as well, the only rooms offered for SMSM since late Feb have been around $1,000/night (guessing they are fancy suites...didn't bother looking). Right now rack rate was the cheapest for us. Early June means some schools are out, but the big thing is the OI meet-up is the first Saturday in June, and they get group rates for attending...I'm thinking Loews is holding out as long as possible to see if they can get the hotels full before offering discounts. Also,

Makes sense, but I'm a little sad my rate is almost double what we paid per night 2 years ago with a discount.

Waiting on June as well, the only rooms offered for SMSM since late Feb have been around $1,000/night (guessing they are fancy suites...didn't bother looking). Right now rack rate was the cheapest for us. Early June means some schools are out, but the big thing is the OI meet-up is the first Saturday in June, and they get group rates for attending...I'm thinking Loews is holding out as long as possible to see if they can get the hotels full before offering discounts. Also,

Makes sense, but I'm a little sad my rate is almost double what we paid per night 2 years ago with a discount.
What is OI?

On top of that, last year AP rates for Memorial Day weekend had already been out for a couple of weeks by this time period. And I didn't even realize until recently that the few days after Memorial Day weekend have had AP rates since late January. Not looking good for us Memorial Day peeps.
Yeah. I ended up booking Memorial Day weekend at Disney’s AS Movies because I couldn’t get a decent rate at Universal for Saturday and Sunday. Glad I booked before parking fees at Disney implemented. I would have booked CBBR, but the rates are so high.

We will do Universal the following week when APH rates are available. Really wanted to stay at Universal through Saturday, but I’m not willing to pay rack rate for Friday night, June 1st.

I'm needing to book June 7th-9th at either RPR, HRH, or PBH. So far I haven't booked a regular price room because I really want to get a AP rate room, rack rates are just so high! I'm getting a little nervous though, should I go ahead and book a back up reservation or just keep waiting it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter