• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm needing to book June 7th-9th at either RPR, HRH, or PBH. So far I haven't booked a regular price room because I really want to get a AP rate room, rack rates are just so high! I'm getting a little nervous though, should I go ahead and book a back up reservation or just keep waiting it out?

You might want to go ahead and book the room. Upfront, it will cost you 1 night's deposit. If you find a better rate, you can call and change your reservation. You have until 6 days prior to your stay to cancel the reservation without charges and your deposit returned...any later, you lose your deposit.

If you are okay paying the booked rate, then your all set, whether you find a better rate or not.

If you are not willing to pay the rate you booked at, and plan to cancel, if you do not find a better rate...then go ahead and start looking for other accommodations and have them, just in case. You don't want to find yourself running short on finding a place on short notice...you can do it, it's just a headache.

Keep in mind, those days are traditionally busy, and the EPs that come with those hotels are expensive, if bought separate from the hotel stay, so I urge you to consider their value as you make plans. For a 3 night stay, you get 4 days of EPs. For a single person, that is a value of $511 for those days (remember, EPs costs change per day).

I'm needing to book June 7th-9th at either RPR, HRH, or PBH. So far I haven't booked a regular price room because I really want to get a AP rate room, rack rates are just so high! I'm getting a little nervous though, should I go ahead and book a back up reservation or just keep waiting it out?
And my thought is don't book it. I say this because when you book that takes one room out of the equation and if enough of your hotel/room category are pre-booked then they have no incentive to discount the rest of the rooms. They don't offer reduced rates if they don't have to.
I am waiting for June 2-9th and figure I will wait another week or so and see what comes up. I'm not booking ahead for the very reason I mentioned to you. Its all a gamble when it comes down to it however its less of a gamble if everyone doesn't book ahead of discounts being offered.
JMO and not meant to change anyone's mind.

And my thought is don't book it. I say this because when you book that takes one room out of the equation and if enough of your hotel/room category are pre-booked then they have no incentive to discount the rest of the rooms. They don't offer reduced rates if they don't have to.
I am waiting for June 2-9th and figure I will wait another week or so and see what comes up. I'm not booking ahead for the very reason I mentioned to you. Its all a gamble when it comes down to it however its less of a gamble if everyone doesn't book ahead of discounts being offered.
JMO and not meant to change anyone's mind.

I get what you are saying and it makes sense, but I caution that rates don't only go down...

I get what you are saying and it makes sense, but I caution that rates don't only go down...
True, which is why I said its a gamble, but a gamble I'm willing to take. I have certainly heard of the rates going up on people, I just have never experienced it myself in all my bookings. If it happens it happens. Come on APH! :hourglass

I can definitely see the rational on both sides. Initially when I was planning on our trip, I only budgeted/planned for getting the APH discount. But, at this point the flights are booked and I've mentally committed to going, so probably we'll stay there even if we don't get a discount (shh, don't tell Universal!). I think I'll wait a few more days, and then book a regular priced room if APH rates aren't available. Probably I'd be doing everyone a favor if I did book because I'm sure as soon as I do, the APH rates will come out!

I decided to move my trip around a little in light of still no APH rates for Memorial Day weekend. I got them last year for that time frame, but this year still nothing. I am flexible on the timing; all I did was add 3 nights before our Disney trip, instead of the 3 nights after. I will have to take a couple of extra days of vacation, but I have plenty of PTO at work and it is saving me $650 moving it. I am the type that if I had to pay rack rate for the room, I wouldn't have as much fun. Weird, I know. :p

I decided to move my trip around a little in light of still no APH rates for Memorial Day weekend. I got them last year for that time frame, but this year still nothing. I am flexible on the timing; all I did was add 3 nights before our Disney trip, instead of the 3 nights after. I will have to take a couple of extra days of vacation, but I have plenty of PTO at work and it is saving me $650 moving it. I am the type that if I had to pay rack rate for the room, I wouldn't have as much fun. Weird, I know. :p

Not weird at all...I am the same way.

I'd do the same! $650 can go a long way! Now you'll have a long weekend to recover from your vacation. Have fun!

I booked RPR for May31-June 6 for $2081 but I made that reservation almost a year ago. I keep watching to see if it goes cheaper but I regularly see it would cost about $800 more if I booked it now. I am glad for planning early. I wonder if APR would be cheaper than what I already have.

After reading this thread a bit, I just want to confirm that we could book a aph rate then upgrade our tickets once we get to the park? We bought the buy 2 get 1 tickets from UT. My understanding is I can upgrade those to a preferred pass for not a lot more. We are going in June and currently have 1 night booked at RPR. We plan to stay 3 days but I have a room at Clarion Inn and Suites Orlando Universal booked for 2 nights. My thinking is we can use ep for the 2 of the 3 days this way, but if I can get a lower rate at Universal resorts we may stay all 3 nights. We are disney passholders and have 3 trips including the one in June left this year. We are thinking of going one day for each of our October and December trips as well (on disney Property stays). After December we are done with disney property (parking fees and Price). So I feel like we will use the universal pass next March and June as well.

After reading this thread a bit, I just want to confirm that we could book a aph rate then upgrade our tickets once we get to the park? We bought the buy 2 get 1 tickets from UT. My understanding is I can upgrade those to a preferred pass for not a lot more. We are going in June and currently have 1 night booked at RPR. We plan to stay 3 days but I have a room at Clarion Inn and Suites Orlando Universal booked for 2 nights. My thinking is we can use ep for the 2 of the 3 days this way, but if I can get a lower rate at Universal resorts we may stay all 3 nights. We are disney passholders and have 3 trips including the one in June left this year. We are thinking of going one day for each of our October and December trips as well (on disney Property stays). After December we are done with disney property (parking fees and Price). So I feel like we will use the universal pass next March and June as well.
Yes, you don't need the AP to book. Just upgrade once you get there.

Also, if you wanted to stay onsite all 3 nights, you can stay at RPR, HRH, or PBR for two nights...which covers EPs for all 3 days in the parks...and then stay at CB or SF the third night. Of course, upgrading to APs doesn't limit you to 3 days in the parks.

Waiting very impatiently for June dates.....

Randomly spot checking individual dates in June and various hotels, I see tons of availability for all room categories. I know its frustrating, but I'm confident we will get AP rates for most of the month.

Only question is when! :)

Where is everyone looking for June?
I am so torn, we only experienced RPR last year.

I'm just looking for whichever is cheapest although kind of hope it's HRH! I've only stayed one night at RP and that's all as far onsite Universal hotels. Really would be fine, just wish the ap rates would hurry up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter