Apple Watch and Magic Band, Question

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I'm getting an Apple Watch for Christmas and going to Disney in February.

If I don't want to wear my MB but need the puck thingy, what exactly do I need to do and purchase?

I have a million MBs so Im guessing I can use any one of those, and understand the puck I use may not
be good any longer for photos on rides. I have a white MB that I love and if I use the white puck can I never
use my white MB band ever again?

Thank you very much for your help.

Search Etsy and/or Amazon for a Disney Magic Band 2 puck holder. You remove the puck from the MB using a tiny screw driver, slide it into the puck holder, and slide that onto your watch band. I’ve been using one for years. I position the puck on the side to make it comfortable and easy to tap with, and the watch itself stays on top of my wrist where it’s easy to read. If/when I get the new MB+, I’ll get a puck holder for that one, too. Some are even made so that you can charge the puck without removing it from the puck holder.

Search Etsy and/or Amazon for a Disney Magic Band 2 puck holder. You remove the puck from the MB using a tiny screw driver, slide it into the puck holder, and slide that onto your watch band. I’ve been using one for years. I position the puck on the side to make it comfortable and easy to tap with, and the watch itself stays on top of my wrist where it’s easy to read. If/when I get the new MB+, I’ll get a puck holder for that one, too. Some are even made so that you can charge the puck without removing it from the puck holder.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your giving me this information. I have no desire to get the MB+ so I'll just get the
regular puck holder. I cannot wait to get my watch!

Thank you very much. I appreciate your giving me this information. I have no desire to get the MB+ so I'll just get the
Yes, I love my Apple Watch. Really enhances the capabilities of the iPhone.

Magic Band 2 is NOT MB+.

I am debating about getting a puck holder for my MB+. I am going in January with my DD (21) for her graduation. She needed a MB (never had one) and the new designs made me want a new one too. I love the "Be Happy" style.

If I don't get a puck holder - Apple Watch on one wrist and the MB+ on the other.

Decisions decisions.

Last edited:

If I don't get a puck holder - Apple Watch on one wrist and the MB+ on the other.
I tried that and found it awkward to tap Mickey to Mickey then scan my finger, because they were on the same hand. (I’ve worn a watch on my left wrist since I was 10, and I’ve used my right index finger to scan since WDW started using finger scans, so neither will change. :upsidedow ) I tried wearing MB and watch on the same wrist but having two wide bracelets sliding around drove me crazy. The puck holder has been wonderful, and an added benefit: I no longer buy cute MBs because the MB2 puck is plain, saving me a lot of money!

On our last trip, I didn't want to deal with my Apple watch and a magic band so I added my pass to my Apple Wallet and used my watch as a MB. It worked great. When I went to tap to pay, it defaulted to my MB and not any credit cards that I also had in my wallet. So much easier than trying to wear two devices. I might get a fun Disney band for my watch for out upcoming trip to make it more fun.

On our last trip, I didn't want to deal with my Apple watch and a magic band so I added my pass to my Apple Wallet and used my watch as a MB. It worked great. When I went to tap to pay, it defaulted to my MB and not any credit cards that I also had in my wallet. So much easier than trying to wear two devices. I might get a fun Disney band for my watch for out upcoming trip to make it more fun.
How did you do that? Sounds like a good idea!

How did you do that? Sounds like a good idea!
I don't remember the exact steps other than it was from the Tickets and Passes part of the My Disney Experience app. From there I am pretty sure there was an easy to way to link to Apple Wallet.

Since getting an Apple watch years ago I add my pass to my wallet and tap my watch to access the parks etc. Haven't needed a MB since. :)

I'm glad to read this! It's exactly what I was searching for! We're former APs that have been away from Disney for 2 1/2 years and are coming back in February. My husband tried the Apple Watch as MB thing when it first came out and it did not work well. It sounds like it's working now, though! I'm in the Apple Watch club, now, too, so I'm hoping I can nix my MB.

Thank you all and I'm sooo happy my post helped some people other than myself!

I have successfully added my AP and DVC information to my Wallet and they are on my watch (it's like magic to me LOL).

I also have the puck holder because I'm worried about it not working (my watch). I'll just throw the puck in my backpack if I need it. I had hoped not to have to carry my phone but realized I may need it when using G+, gggrrrrr.

Quick question for those that have cards and tickets in their wallet for their watch....my watch is saying I need a PW to open now that I have cards in my wallet on my phone. Is this correct because it is a little annoying.

We leave on Thursday and I already have changed my watch face to Minnie! Can't wait!

my watch is saying I need a PW to open now that I have cards in my wallet on my phone. Is this correct because it is a little annoying.
Yes, it’s true, sorry! I have a 6-digit passcode but Face ID opens my phone most of the time (it asks for the passcode periodically though). I don’t think you need to unlock your phone to use your watch as a MB, you just need the passcode to keep your tickets and any credit cards more secure.

Yes, it’s true, sorry! I have a 6-digit passcode but Face ID opens my phone most of the time (it asks for the passcode periodically though). I don’t think you need to unlock your phone to use your watch as a MB, you just need the passcode to keep your tickets and any credit cards more secure.
Thank you.
It was so annoying every time I wanted to look at my watch to do a PW with items in my wallet.
After my trip ended this month, I took my tickets out of my wallet so I'm back to normal.
I LOVED using for entry to the parks and boarding passes for my flights, but was annoying I still needed
my watch to do my G+ rides.

This is such a great tip!

Thank you.
It was so annoying every time I wanted to look at my watch to do a PW with items in my wallet.
After my trip ended this month, I took my tickets out of my wallet so I'm back to normal.
I LOVED using for entry to the parks and boarding passes for my flights, but was annoying I still needed
my watch to do my G+ rides.
There is a setting in your watch app where as long as it stays on your wrist, you don’t need to type in a code. I only have to unlock my watch a couple times a week: when I put it on after it’s been on the charger. You shouldn’t have a type a code every time to use it.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6
There is a setting in your watch app where as long as it stays on your wrist, you don’t need to type in a code. I only have to unlock my watch a couple times a week: when I put it on after it’s been on the charger. You shouldn’t have a type a code every time to use it.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Really!!!!!
Now I need to go find it and thank you for the picture. I will go look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter