Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why it matters as long as it doesn't affect others. I'm happy to let them make their videos and think their big break is coming. It's just the newest celebrity mirage, equivalent to the middle aged folks living in their parents' basement in LA showing up for every audition and casting call hoping for that big break that will never come.

With that being said, I certainly do see an awful lot of Canon G7X mark 2s, GoPros, Dji Pockets, and gimbals these days when I'm in the parks. I'm amazed at the amount of money people invest in this stuff considering almost all of us have a HD camera with some level of stabilization in our pockets already in the form of a smartphone. If I were to start posting content, I'd certainly start with my phone and see how that went first. This is especially true for big shows like the fireworks; the sea of all the different video recording devices and apparatuses capturing every minute of every single showing of HEA never ceases to amaze me. (If only there were literally thousands of videos of it already on the internet... :rolleyes: )

On one of my last trips to EPCOT during Food & Wine last year, the great majority of standing tables near the Mexico booth were taken over by vloggers with cameras set up on their tripods. They were obviously vloggers as they were talking chirpy into the camera, hamming it up. It was more windy than usual that day, and plates, drinks, utensils, hair, etc. were not cooperating, as they kept filming take after take.

I didn't recognize any of them as the more prominent vloggers; however, indeed, it affected others in this case as no one else had a place to enjoy their food (hello, trash can?) - the tables were monopolized by vloggers who either were set up with their cameras to stand there for awhile chatting away showcasing food or had already eaten and were now giving lengthy commentary to their cameras.

Yep. He stopped selling t-shirts and also stopped his Patreon, too. I have a lot of respect for him. He comes across as a very genuine and honest person.

His road trip video series that he did this past year with his dad is really wonderful. They did a father-son road trip to all of the places that his dad had lived. There were so many wonderful father-son moments in those videos...all completely natural & unscripted. Nothing comped or promoted. The video where they visited the Field of Dreams baseball field and they're throwing the baseball between each other is really great.

I like Adam too. I met him in the park and he was a little curt (I just said "Hi Adam as he walked by) but to be honest I would hate it if people always came up to me in the parks too!! Then again, the price of fame. I have a lot of respect for him and wish he would do more of his abandoned sites videos. I also liked the Hollywood Cemetery vid too.

Looks like Tim came down with Covid. A very mild case since he's fully vaccinated.

I'd like Disney to stop comping any of them. The situation has gotten out of control and the world does not need this many people trying to make their living as Disney vloggers, particularly when they are being paid by Disney itself. Whether or not they are paid in food, lodging, park tickets. or other benefits they are paid advertisers for WDW and they are negatively impacting the parks experience.
No offense but why would Disney do that? It's good advertising for them, cheaper(in so far as advertising cost) and gives the audience a "more honest" view(from Disney's POV). I have no doubt Disney has estimated their impact and I think they would disagree that they are negatively impacting the parks experience. i do however get how it is viewed as a negative impact.

I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.

A couple of years after this post but I felt the need to reply because I'm stumped about this TheTimTracker and Jenn thing, too. @nkereina elaborated on her apparent Twiiter presence (which I was unaware of, pardon my ignorance) and whatever she has to tweet about rubbing some the wrong way but I have never seen so much animosity directed toward a seemingly benign YouTuber! Yikes - these people loathe her and it's a little scary.

I never watched Tim pre-Jenn and I find that I'm not really interested in solo Tim vlogs about DisneyWorld. In the few Tim + Jenn YT vlogs I've watched, I really enjoy her take on things. Planning a couple of WDW trips, I was (am) really into most of the YT Disney vlogs, and just like @Jafar30 I landed on a message board that ripped her to shreds. I cannot agree more wholeheartedly - if folks don't appreciate the content or the content-creators, then don't watch! I have never felt the need to investigate a YouTuber's life outside of their YT content but maybe I should?

Tell me if I'm missing something. Is Jenn Tracker spewing offensive, mean-spirited, cruel, and over-the-line comments online (I mean, anything to justify the offensive, mean-spirited, cruel, and over-the-line comments directed toward her)? If she is that terrible, I really want to know.

Well I’m glad they are back in Disney’s good graces. I feel bad for anyone not in line with Disney🤔😉 I just watched Tim’s video at the media preview for Kite Tales (tails?)and Guardians of the Galaxy ride update, and he said he was there at Disney’s invitation.

Tell me if I'm missing something. Is Jenn Tracker spewing offensive, mean-spirited, cruel, and over-the-line comments online (I mean, anything to justify the offensive, mean-spirited, cruel, and over-the-line comments directed toward her)? If she is that terrible, I really want to know.
From what I can gather, it is more that people didn’t align with the politics being stated and she wasn’t apologetic about it. It is smart to avoid that topic when a public figure since it’s divisive and that seems to be the tactic she is taking going forward.

That other board just seems like people who are obsessed with tearing down anyone that is successful. They have threads about every major blogger and they’re 99% full of petty criticisms/name calling.

So true, @Starport Seven-Five. Politics + Religion should be avoided when one doesn't wish to offend. I found the negative comments and tirades RE Jenn Tracker puzzling because they were all personal attacks (she keeps a messy house and why doesn't she have matching plates, etc.) but they all spoke so glowingly about Tim. I couldn't figure out how one could be so beloved and the other despised. I never read anything about her politics.

My wife and I have been watching the for a long while now. I enjoy the majority of their stuff. Recently I've enjoyed their Vlogs about SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Halloween events more then any Disney stuff. Disney vlogs to are old and over done. All Disney vlogs are the same. I also watch Carpetbagger. Love his Halloween stuff.

The thing is, if what they did was inexcusable and told their fans not to make excuses, why did Jenn basically tell people to email the companies about getting their status back? She also referred to "three unwell" people who apparently have a bunch of burner accounts to email the companies. I don't think it's three people who caused these industry giants to pull media credentials, and how did it now turn to "jealous vloggers" who did it? The rumors that people start are just weird about all of this and the Trackers, IMHO, didn't help themselves by bringing it up again. Jenn even said they're doing fine without it. So..?? It's mostly a family channel these days anyways with showing home vlogs and stuff. I don't buy the "this is their job" line either; they may have chosen to do this but no company is required to provide a vlogger with never-ending freebies if they choose not to.
Oof, this didn't age well.

Yes. She contradicted herself. I watched the vlog.

33:21. She tells people to "if you want to see us at these events maybe let Universal know" then she immediately says "or not, like, we're doing fine without it"

And really, I don't care if it's their "full time job." They're not being banned from the parks. They can still vlog. I'm not going to feel sorry for a Disney vlogger who lost a perk to go to a free event promo or a #hosted stay at a resort. They've gone on over 20 staycations this year alone, I think they're doing ok, as Jenn said.

She also said that it's "literally three people who are unwell" who she believes (how does she know it's three people?) sent emails daily for "weeks and months" and that's why they lost media. I'd think it's silly to think Disney and Universal went off of people's emails without actually reviewing any offending content themselves to make a determination whether or not they wanted to cut ties. And how is it now fellow vloggers who did this?

Anyways, I'm not going to go back and forth. This is just my opinion.
🤣🤣🤣

On one of my last trips to EPCOT during Food & Wine last year, the great majority of standing tables near the Mexico booth were taken over by vloggers with cameras set up on their tripods. They were obviously vloggers as they were talking chirpy into the camera, hamming it up. It was more windy than usual that day, and plates, drinks, utensils, hair, etc. were not cooperating, as they kept filming take after take.

I didn't recognize any of them as the more prominent vloggers; however, indeed, it affected others in this case as no one else had a place to enjoy their food (hello, trash can?) - the tables were monopolized by vloggers who either were set up with their cameras to stand there for awhile chatting away showcasing food or had already eaten and were now giving lengthy commentary to their cameras.

@ScubaCat - hilarious! (Note: rant ahead, a little off-subject. Please don't yell at me, I'm new). As one of the very few (it seems) native California girls (yep, it's me, the Kardashians, and the Van Pattens) I have to interject. These wannabe movie stars/rock stars aren't living in their parent's basements because they all came from somewhere else. No prospects, no job, no family or contacts, with a bean bag chair, $5, and a guide to the stars' homes. They all want to live in one's guesthouse for free until they "make it". Castings...? Most don't have agents (or know how to get one) and it pretty much ends there. "...do you know Quincy Jones... I want to get a record deal"... and "...do you know Jay Leno, I met him once and he said I could detail one of his cars"... It's maddening. And the thing is, they never go home! Too embarrassed to admit that they weren't discovered so their pride stops them from going back whence they came and they run to social services for an EBT card and whatever else the State of California can provide. Go Home!

As far as those who are investing their life savings into expensive vlogging equipment, you're right. I feel for the ones that have been at it for years and only have a few hundred views. Do you know who I really like? The BookishPrincess. She has very few views (compared to the other Disney bigshots) and I have turned to her vlogs (especially the Club Level playlist) many times. I really enjoy her content. But then again, I actually enjoy some of the TimTracker & Jenn Disney vlogs, too (very controversial around here, I gather and I'm sorry to offend those who are). JustinScarred is OK, as well and I like his Disneyland Anaheim walks through memory lane. Growing up here, Disneyland was/still is a major part of my life. Most holidays and birthdays involved Disneyland in some way (or at least it used to). Finding a hidden Mickey in life (like on a random dog's spots) still makes me happy.

@ScubaCat, you should start posting Disney content (only halfway kidding) - kind of serious. You seem like you are aware of all of the ins and outs of the Disney experience and your content would likely be very helpful (not to mention, entertaining). I know I would subscribe.

kids up on shoulders,
I agree with you, but have not come up with a solution. Children who can't see over adults. but want to see the cavalcade, or castle show. Maybe one of the reasons there are cavalcades is not too long to hold child in arms. Or why characters are on the train platform.

Somehow keep the child level with adult. I'm stumped.

Last edited:
Their latest video is a cruise they just went on, staying at the Roy Disney suite + a room for their nanny, concierge. Wow. Very swanky. Does anyone know what this would cost? I am guessing about 45k for the entire trip, altogether. What an incredible experience. So many perks come with that suite.

Their latest video is a cruise they just went on, staying at the Roy Disney suite + a room for their nanny, concierge. Wow. Very swanky. Does anyone know what this would cost? I am guessing about 45k for the entire trip, altogether. What an incredible experience. So many perks come with that suite.
Depending on when they booked, but at the moment, 4 day cruise on the Dream 1 year in advance, 2 adults one child is about $20.000. And let's say $2000-3000 for a regular room for the nanny.

Depending on when they booked, but at the moment, 4 day cruise on the Dream 1 year in advance, 2 adults one child is about $20.000. And let's say $2000-3000 for a regular room for the nanny.

Ah. Okay. Is that in the Roy Disney suite? The nanny got a room right next door, I think deluxe w/verandah. Not trying to be nosy, just curious! And good for them! I'm glad I get to see it on video since I will never experience it myself.

Yeah, I saw 24k for the Roy Disney suite when looking last night at a similar cruise in 2023. They typically have done a wrap up after the vlogs from a trip were released that discusses costs. Their recent Hawaii trip was very expensive as well (I want to say around 20k all in).

Good for them that they have built a successful channel that allows them to do these things.

Last edited:

Once you're to the point of hiring a nanny to accompany you on your entire vacation, the vlogger has reached a point where I can no longer relate to them. They get comped a lot of free stays at places, so I'd be really surprised if they paid for the cruise out of their own pocket.

Yeah, I saw 24k for the Roy Disney suite when looking last night at a similar cruise in 2023. They typically have done a wrap up after the vlogs from a trip were released that discusses costs. Their recent Hawaii trip was very expensive as well (I want to say around 20k all in).

Good for them that they have built a successful channel that allows them to do these things.

I thought Disney hosted them at Aulani?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter